Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Cosmetic Mods - trying a few new things

Search this Thread

Old 6/17/12, 04:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cosmetic Mods - trying a few new things

I have a garage full of some performance mods awaiting install later this week (302s dampers, springs, panhard bar, LCA's, M&M camber plates, FRPP studs and lugs, etc...and the MGW shifter)...but got my SRP pedals installed (it wasn't that hard, after all)...and a handful of exterior cosmetic (with small performance implications) mods done...thought I'd show off the new look.

I did:
- 302s grill - kept it black, which I really like - they forgot to ship me the emblem so there's no emblem on there now
- GT500 rear spoiler - I was torn between it and the LS spoiler...just knew I wanted something more substantial that the stocker...and given the ease of install / uninstall on the gt500 unit, I chose it. OE unit I had painted gloss black with the gurney flap painted white. Not sure I'll keep the flap white...but it's fun to try it.
- copied Rick with the LS gas cap with the outer area painted flat black to match...hard to see in the pics, but looks great up close. LS is my 'home' track for driving and I camp with my family and race bicycles there every year (have for the last 16 years in a row at the sea otter classic) so I have a lot of connection to the place...
- had the mirror caps painted flat black. I've been wanting to do this since day 1. I REALLY like how this came out.
- added 302s wheels shod with OE Corsa's that I bought as new take-offs for ridiculously cheap.
- added the Roush side skirts. I like them...don't love them. but, again, nice to mix it up.

hopefully pics attach properly...enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails Cosmetic Mods - trying a few new things-boss-side-view-test.jpg   Cosmetic Mods - trying a few new things-boss-side-veiew-2.jpg   Cosmetic Mods - trying a few new things-boss-front-view.jpg   Cosmetic Mods - trying a few new things-boss-side-mirror.jpg   Cosmetic Mods - trying a few new things-boss-gt500-spoiler.jpg  

Last edited by fuhrius; 6/17/12 at 04:40 PM.
Old 6/17/12, 04:38 PM
Bullitt Member

a few more

a few more
Attached Thumbnails Cosmetic Mods - trying a few new things-boss-gt500-spoiler-2.jpg   Cosmetic Mods - trying a few new things-boss-ls-cap.jpg   Cosmetic Mods - trying a few new things-srp-pedals-installed.jpg  
Old 6/17/12, 04:46 PM
Bullitt Member

how about a few more?

why not, huh...
Attached Thumbnails Cosmetic Mods - trying a few new things-boss-close-up-skirts.jpg   Cosmetic Mods - trying a few new things-boss-one-more.jpg   Cosmetic Mods - trying a few new things-boss-mirror-close-up.jpg  
Old 6/17/12, 05:03 PM
V6 Member

Hi fuhrius,
Nice mods, car looks great. I had on order a white Boss 302 but changed it to the LS, so white was my first color of choice, it's hard to keep black clean.
I like the pedals but would like to know if they sell just the dead pedal alone ?
Regards,
Rob
Old 6/17/12, 05:16 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Really like the wheels on PW
Old 6/17/12, 07:29 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Holy crap... how many bikes do you have hanging up in that garage!!!!

Oh, I like the car mods as well
Old 6/17/12, 07:30 PM
V6 Member

Awesome!!! I may have missed it however what pedals are those, thanks in advance
Old 6/17/12, 07:36 PM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Love the black/white theme
Old 6/17/12, 08:07 PM
Bullitt Member

following up

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
Holy crap... how many bikes do you have hanging up in that garage!!!!

Oh, I like the car mods as well

you mean on that side of the garage? ;-)

I'm a bike fanatic...as is my son. I buy / sell a lot of stuff too to keep my habit going...so I usually have a few extras around.

the pedals are SRP. I got the grid 'go' pedal this time...usually have smooth ones...frankly, can't tell that big of a difference so far.

One thing I really like so far is the Orange brand TPMS that I put in these wheels...they give you a pressure and temp readout for each wheel...as well as getting nice metal stems with them. the guys at the wheel shop commented about how well made / good fitting they were.
Old 6/17/12, 08:32 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Looks really nice. Don't see too many people modding the appearance of the boss that much so this is good and different! Good job
Old 6/17/12, 09:50 PM
Cobra R Member

Nice. I also went with the 302s Grill although I did paint mine. I also ordered the GT500 wing and like you painted the Gurney flap white. I'm holding off install till I get the splitter for the front end, not the big LS one but the shorter version whatever it's called. Your car looks great.
Old 6/17/12, 10:24 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Man that looks nice! How much were the rims? Im really looking for a set to throw on my sixxer once i get the gt suspension upgrade.
Old 6/17/12, 10:40 PM
Bullitt Member

answers

Originally Posted by CCTking
Man that looks nice! How much were the rims? Im really looking for a set to throw on my sixxer once i get the gt suspension upgrade.

fenderaddict, thanks.

the wheels were a $203 a piece from tousley ford. if you buy $1650 or more of FRPP parts, you get free shipping....which I did.

So the wheels were $812 shipped, killer TMPS sensors $105, mounting and balancing $60 for all 4.
Old 6/18/12, 03:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by fuhrius
a few more
I like the bikes Always read about the sea otter classic is MBAction. Wish there were actually "Mountains" to ride here in Florida haha. Also, is that the standard size SRP Gas Pedal? I want to get a set of the pedals because I have a hard time heel toeing with the stock ones (I use the ball of my foot to break and roll the outside onto the gas so I'd like them a little closer than they are now). If you get a chance some time do you think you could measure the distance between your gas and break pedal and let me know what size gas pedal you got? Thanks
Old 6/18/12, 04:33 PM
Bullitt Member

it's the standard size srp pedal. it's only a little wider than stock. my issue with the stock pedals was more about the lack of grip on the stock brake pedal than with the distance to the gas pedal.
Old 6/19/12, 07:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Very clean look! I like your taste!
Old 6/20/12, 10:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by roketman
Very clean look! I like your taste!
thank you.
Old 6/24/12, 10:15 AM

Car looks good. I was thinking of doing the mirrors on my white one too.
Old 6/24/12, 09:54 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by fuhrius
fenderaddict, thanks.

the wheels were a $203 a piece from tousley ford. if you buy $1650 or more of FRPP parts, you get free shipping....which I did.

So the wheels were $812 shipped, killer TMPS sensors $105, mounting and balancing $60 for all 4.
on the Orange TPMS wheel sensing system, where did you put the receiver in your dash so you could read it?
BTW, I can't find the dual temp & pressure Orange tire sensor kit for much less than $170 on ebay. May I ask where you bought yours?
Cheers,
Jouster
Old 6/24/12, 11:00 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
fuhrius - Looks really good, enjoy it. Question for you, do you still have your OEM wheels/tires? I may be interested in them.

Quick Reply: Cosmetic Mods - trying a few new things