Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Cool Tech Roll Bar - Sneak Peek

Search this Thread

Old 1/5/12, 08:58 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nota4re
Thanks for asking! We're almost there! Sorry it has been so long. I expect 2-3 weeks and this forum will be first to know. I REALLY appreciate the interest!
Are you going to do a limited supply or make them as ordered?

My car is in storage and I am planning on getting a roll bar set up come spring time.
Old 1/5/12, 10:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Are you going to do a limited supply or make them as ordered?

My car is in storage and I am planning on getting a roll bar set up come spring time.
We have the first 5 more or less spoken for which is good for us because 3 of the cars are local and we will do the installs here and make sure we are happy with everything in terms of fitment/installability. After that we would like to have them in stock - minimally built but not powdercoated until we know what the customer's fininshing (if any) preferences are. If we know that black and race red (for example) sell well, then we would strive to keep those in stock. Mary Kay colors would always be special order
Old 1/6/12, 12:15 AM
Cobra Member

So I will have to wait for pink, ****! I will be looking for white around spring time. Any idea of cost yet?
Old 1/6/12, 11:38 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Jza1736
So I will have to wait for pink, ****! I will be looking for white around spring time. Any idea of cost yet?

PINK WTF
Old 1/6/12, 11:41 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by boss man

PINK WTF
I was kidding dude
Old 1/6/12, 11:55 AM
Bullitt Member

I was kidding dude
Oh crap, they're painting it now!
Old 1/6/12, 12:08 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

All updates on the rollbar are greatly appreciated. Always enjoy hearing about your progress.
Old 1/9/12, 07:14 PM
V6 Member

Hi Kendall !
Always great to hear about the progress you are making with the bar. Do you have anything on the custom Boss five point harness for the bar ? I would prefer to order the bar and harness together. If you have any prices please PM me as I have to decide between the bar, kooks full system or the divorce.
Best regards,
Rob
Old 1/9/12, 08:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kendall...you previously mentioned a possible option of "pre cut/fit panels"..If that is an option when it comes time to build/powdercoat(LS Red) my bar..please shoot me a price for this option..Thanks Don
Old 1/11/12, 09:10 AM
V6 Member

Mary Kay colors would always be special order
That's a shame, I work at Mary Kay and thought pink would look great in my LS. I guess I'll have to order a red one.

I am one of those **** owners that would like to be able to keep the car as original as possible, that being said, how many holes will need to be drilled to accommodate the roll bar? Also, I would be interested in having the pre-cut interior pieces available with the kit.
Old 1/11/12, 11:06 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by MrGT5oh
That's a shame, I work at Mary Kay and thought pink would look great in my LS. I guess I'll have to order a red one.

I am one of those **** owners that would like to be able to keep the car as original as possible, that being said, how many holes will need to be drilled to accommodate the roll bar? Also, I would be interested in having the pre-cut interior pieces available with the kit.
Robert,

That makes two of us at Mary Kay. Are you at TMKB? You need to drive it to work sometime. Mine's a daily driver so it's in the parking garage almost every day.
Old 1/11/12, 11:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
... I am one of those **** owners that would like to be able to keep the car as original as possible, that being said, how many holes will need to be drilled to accommodate the roll bar? Also, I would be interested in having the pre-cut interior pieces available with the kit.
I'm also interested in keeping the original interior pieces intact and ordering pre-cut replacements.
Old 1/11/12, 11:37 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Maybe you should try this:

Old 1/11/12, 11:38 AM
Bullitt Member

**** owners unite!!! (I'd like to think I am one too!!)

Let me address the questions.

Regarding the panels. There are two reasons that people may want the panels from us. One, getting new panels will allow the owner to retain his/her existing panels in their virgin OEM form. Second, getting panels from us that are "pre-modified" will aid in the installation process - less for the customer to do. Obviously, many prospective customers would say yes to both reasons.

I purchased a pair of these panels with the intention of confirming 1) that I got the right panels and; 2) what the packaging was. The good news is that I did indeed get the right panels and the bad news is that the boxes are very large. Our challenge is in packaging/shipping and how do we achieve this in the most economical way. We are still looking at that. Additionally, we are looking at the "degree of difficulty" of the panel mods that would be needed and how easily the average DIY'r could do these mods themselves. Just to be completely transparent - we seek to sell roll bars and have no interest in making profits from selling OEM panels. As such, we are aligned with our prospective customers in that we want to keep panel costs and shipping as low as possible - all of which may add to the attractiveness of our roll bar solution.

In summary: We will provide an option to order panels from us and pre-modifying them is the least of our concern. We DO have concerns about shipping costs. We still have work to do to determine the amount of mods and best methods for the DIY'r to achieve. We would like to make this as easy as possible - potentially enabling you to purchase/obtain your panels locally. The good news here is that the panels are hardly unique. To the best of my knowledge, they are NOT unique to the Boss and there's probably a LOT of current gen Mustang models that share this panel. As such, they are hardly a "treasure" and should be easily obtainable many, many years into the future.

The other interior mod will be where the support tubes transition into the trunk. We tried to be as smart as we could in lessening panel mods when we came up with our design. The horizontal sheetmetal rear shelf (that houses your rear speakers) comes forward and then has ~4" vertical lip on it. The LS cross brace attaches to this lip and the Boss rear seats have a latch on this lip. Our support tubes transition to the trunk just below this lip. The design objective was 1) to avoid making any cuts in this sheetmetal and; 2) get as close as we can to this lip.... thus enabling LS owners the ability to "notch" the upper edge of their trim panel instead of cutting a hole. Frankly speaking - I still don't know what mod is required here. I will have more info and pics soon. After all... if you're still reading this there's no denying that you ARE ****!

Aside from the minor interior trimming/mods that will be needed, the other question was what holes/cutting/sawing must be done for installation. Again, we've tried to make this as easy and least intrusive as possible! There will be 4 holes total that will need to be drilled - and you won't even need a template to make them. In the trunk and around the rear shock towers, you will see that Ford uses double-wall sheetmetal as reinforcement. The sheetmetal layer on the trunk side and easily visible to you has a couple of holes in it - but the sheetmetal layer that it sandwiches against doesn't have these holes. We will have you drill out the holes through the second layer of sheetmetal - 2 holes per shock tower and this is where we will have you bolt in the shock tower brace along with momentarily dropping the top of the shock to use it as an additional attachment point for the brace. That is the totality of drilling/cutting that you will do. Everything else is complete bolt-in.

Sorry for the long post. As I say way too often...... "more soon".

Last edited by nota4re; 1/11/12 at 12:02 PM.
Old 1/11/12, 01:02 PM
Cobra Member

"anxiously" waiting
Old 1/11/12, 05:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man, Kendall.....this just makes me anxious to get it!
Old 1/11/12, 05:16 PM
V6 Member

Can't wait to see the finished bar on your car !
I fully understand about the shipping costs.

P.S. Don't forget the seatbelt kit

Rob
Old 1/11/12, 05:35 PM
Bullitt Member

P.S. Don't forget the seatbelt kit
We're working on that. I just recieved some pieces to try. The objective is to have harnesses ready when the bars are. Trying to get a little bit of "Boss 302" customization on the belts/latch.... enough to entice you to consider our harness compared to many others that are available.
Old 1/11/12, 05:38 PM
Cobra Member

We're working on that. I just recieved some pieces to try. The objective is to have harnesses ready when the bars are. Trying to get a little bit of "Boss 302" customization on the belts/latch.... enough to entice you to consider our harness compared to many others that are available.
I'm enticed already, quit teasing us
Old 1/11/12, 08:39 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Maybe you should try this:

Too funny!

I love it!

Maybe Mary Kay will sponsor a BOSS for me.

Quick Reply: Cool Tech Roll Bar - Sneak Peek