Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Clutch Pedal Vibrations

Search this Thread

Old 3/15/12, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch Pedal Vibrations

I know I'm new here so I wanted to start off by saying that I have done a ton of research on the Boss transmission issues. If I've missed a post or an article on this particular issue I apologize in advance.

Symptom:
When the clutch pedal is fully depressed under high RPM the clutch pedal buzzes and has a vibrating feeling to it. This occurs during Up or Down shift regardless of gear selection.

Once the gear change is completed and the clutch pedal is released there is no noticeable vibration or buzzing on the pedal or anywhere else in the vehicle.

The car has about 200+ miles on it and I haven’t had any of the other issues reported by other owners.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by elsoloscuro; 3/16/12 at 09:57 AM. Reason: typo
Old 3/15/12, 07:36 PM
V6 Member

While I think nearly everyone here is familiar with the spongy shifting at high revs, I haven't heard of this.

Perhaps it's something I haven't noticed, but I'm going to make a mental note to see if I can duplicate what you're experiencing.

I would suggest a visit to your dealer and try to have the service guys reproduce the issue.

If you start running out of options, you'll probably hear from the Ford rep gal (Deysha - an HONOR to her profession) who lurks in here.
Old 3/16/12, 09:55 AM

Thanks I did a heck of a lot of research before I got my boss and have heard of the spongy, dead or travel issues with the clutch pedal.

For the life of me I cant find anyone or any article that relates to the feeling my clutch pedal has.
Old 3/16/12, 09:58 AM

I am going to take the boss out this morning before it starts raining. Here in LA it rains so infrequently that the streets turn to a slippery mess when it does rain.

I will try and find the exact RPM at which the clutch pedal vibration starts to occur and report back to this thread.
Old 3/16/12, 04:24 PM

I put about 80 miles on the boss. A mix of freeway and mountain twisties.
I can reproduce the symptom consistantly when RPM is over 4,000 RPM...again this is regardless of gear and unbaised between up or down shift.

1 interesting thing I noticed today is that the vibration/buzz feeling in the pedal only occurs when the clutch is nearly 100% depressed or almost down to the floor. At any other position the clutch pedal does not exhibit that behavoir.

I am going to phone my dealer and have them look at the issue for my 500 Mile check up. At that point I will also replace all the fluids.

I'll let you all know how things go and of course if there are others out there who havent noticed the buzz...please take your boss out and try this:

in 2nd gear or 3rd gear accelerat up to 5,500 RPM then quickly depress the clutch 100% to the floor during an upshift. Please notice if you feell a buzzing vibration on your foot where it is in contact with the clutch pedal.

thanks!
Old 3/16/12, 06:48 PM
GT Member

I would have to guess one of the fingers of the pressure plate is at a different level when depress by the release bearing............go to the dealer.
Old 3/20/12, 12:54 PM

A quick update...I haven’t taken the car in for service as I'm waiting for 500 miles so I can change out all the fluids...however I noticed that the vibrations at high RPM when fully disengaged(pedal to the floor) have become less noticeable.

I'm not sure if this is just me getting used to it or if it’s really not as bad.
I'll update again after my 500 mile service.

thanks to everyone who has chimed in...