Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Central Florida Boss Track Day

Search this Thread

Old 4/4/12, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just moved to tampa fl from clevleand ohio I plan to be there, not sure if i'll be driving my boss or just watching.
Old 4/4/12, 10:19 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by shifterracer
just moved to tampa fl from clevleand ohio I plan to be there, not sure if i'll be driving my boss or just watching.
Hi ShifterRacer,

Welcome to the Sunshine State, hope you are enjoying the change in weather!
I hope you change your mind and bring your Boss to Sebring as this is a great event that you can enjoy in many ways. Last year I had recently purchased a 2008 Shelby GT-500 and I went to Sebring for the first time and I was blown away by it. This year I have the LS and I plan to take advantage of all the things this event has to offer. Hope to see you there.

Rob

P.S.
I was in Tampa last Saturday at the Mustangs & Mustangs event at Fantasy of Flight.
There were several Boss car there, was one yours?

Last edited by RJorge1950; 4/4/12 at 10:22 AM.
Old 4/5/12, 01:14 PM

Hi Rob,

I love the weather...althought not a big fan of all the cars with lights on them!!! I guess that's the difference between a state that's laying off teachers, police, and firemen; and a state that's not! LOL

I'll be there, just need to make sure i can swing rotors, pads, and a new helmet.

That wasn't me at the show, i just rolled into town last sunday night. Is there a site that list all the car shows around tampa?

Mike
Old 4/5/12, 04:15 PM
V6 Member

Hi Mike,

Glad to hear that you will be there. I hope I don't need to change my rotors and pads, but I do need to purchase a helmet with the SA-2010 certification. As far as shows in Tampa I can't help you as I am from the Miami area and was up there with my local club. I guees you can look in the MCA website (www.mustang.org) for local clubs in your area to join and go to shows. MCA also lists shows nationwide on their site.

Regards, Rob
Old 4/5/12, 04:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi guys, I am Rene' Gomez, I don't own a Boss but I do know Boss owners LOL. Doug, Steve and TMS Tedd from SoFLo. I am an instructor at this event an have been participating in road racing and track events for 25+ years. This is a terrific event. If you are a first timer, don't be too concerned about modifying your cars for the event. Your stock Boss will be just fine. You will have an approved instructor with you that will keep you in check and not let you get over your head. You will be placed in a group with drivers that have comperable experience and there are safety rules in place that EVERYONE follows such as no passing in corners and only with point bys. Driver awareness is paramount. In other words, you cannot pass with out permission from the driver you are overtaking and only in authorized passing zones and no one will pass you with out you giving them permission so there are no suprises. This keeps everyone in touch with each other and safe.
Just come out a be ready to have a blast! All you need to do is air up the tires, make sure that you remove everything from the inside of the car including the mats and do a safety pre-tech inspection (torque lugs, etc....). The forms are on line. You will need a helmet but loaners are usually avail at the event. Info here: http://trackguys.motorsportreg.com/

For those of you not sure, there is the option for the Satruday "test Drive" for $50 that will allow you the classroom sessions and one 20 minute session on track with an instructor. After the test drive, you will be able to sign up to run for the full day on Sunday if you care to do so. Trust me....bring the extra money!!! This is what your car is built for! There is also a banquet on Saturday night at the Hall of Legends. It is usually BBQ ribs and chicken, etc... There are usually raffle prizes also so buy those tickets when you register.
Hope to see you all there!

I will be driving my SN95....

Here is a video at last years event. This is in the advanced class (very fast). I am in my silver SN95 in front of the camera car which is Erik From Torq in his modified 2010 Camaro SS. Enjoy!

Last edited by fastduo; 4/5/12 at 05:46 PM.
Old 4/5/12, 05:13 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mike
There are many show and cruise nights up in the Tampa area but like Rob I'm on the east coast so don't know the best place to find out about them.

If you are looking to getting out on our local tracks (PBIR, Sebring, HMS and Daytona) trackweekend.com is a great website that lists most of the activities in FL and up to GA and NC. I don't know your experience level but if you are new to tracking your factory rotors are fine with a set of Hawk HP+ pads. Some may disagree with me on that but when I was starting out and learning they worked fine. You WILL NEED to change the brake fluid to a good DOT 4 like Motorcraft, ATE or others but not the Autozone/Walmart DOT 4 fluids.

You can pick a helmet from Discovery Parts in GA at a good price, no tax and one day delivery to FL. With these items you will be fine to run in the student group for the TrackGuys event. If it does not come together in time you can still take the short ride down and check out all the nice Fords there. There will be many people coming to the event that are not tracking.
Old 4/7/12, 04:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by shifterracer
Hi Rob,

Is there a site that list all the car shows around tampa?

Mike
Mike,

There's a bunch of Cars and Coffee events in Tampa/St Pete

Two that spring to mind are;

1st Sat of every month Reeeves Motorsport 7-9 am

3rd Satuday of every month DuPont Registry in St Pete 7-9 am

Check out Motoring Tampa Bay for details on car things happening in the Bay area.

Weekly stuff;

Tuesday's - Steak and Shake N. Dale Mabry in Northdale
Thursday's - Quaker Steak and Lube in Pinellas Park
Friday's - Checker's on US19
Friday's - Dairy Queen at Citrus Park Mall
First Saturday of the Month - Ronnie Setser at the new Green Iguana on Dale Mabry near the Stadium.

Doug
Old 4/7/12, 04:44 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I will be there!! I don't have a BOSS but I'll have my nikon and will be taking photos for articles and taking the driving courses.
I'll be taking my DD V6 out on the course, should be fun! (dont hate)

Last edited by lalayla; 4/7/12 at 04:45 PM.
Old 4/7/12, 04:52 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

I'm really excited
Old 4/7/12, 04:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lalayla
I'm really excited
I guess so...have fun!!
Old 4/7/12, 05:54 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

I guess so...have fun!!
Thanks Joe!!
Old 4/7/12, 06:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by lalayla
I will be there!! I don't have a BOSS but I'll have my nikon and will be taking photos for articles and taking the driving courses.
I'll be taking my DD V6 out on the course, should be fun! (dont hate)
You don't have to have a Boss or even a Ford as far as I know. There will be all kinds of Mustangs there young and old, V6 and V8. It will be a good time. Since it is your DD think about having (or better yet do it) the brake fluid changed for safety reasons and checking the brake pads for wear.
Old 4/7/12, 06:40 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss

You don't have to have a Boss or even a Ford as far as I know. There will be all kinds of Mustangs there young and old, V6 and V8. It will be a good time. Since it is your DD think about having (or better yet do it) the brake fluid changed for safety reasons and checking the brake pads for wear.
Thanks!! I made sure my car is mechanically sound! I'm registering right now.
Old 4/7/12, 10:23 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Dude--where have you been? It was like you disappeared at S197Forum.

Originally Posted by fastduo
Hi guys, I am Rene' Gomez, I don't own a Boss but I do know Boss owners LOL. Doug, Steve and TMS Tedd from SoFLo. I am an instructor at this event an have been participating in road racing and track events for 25+ years. This is a terrific event. If you are a first timer, don't be too concerned about modifying your cars for the event. Your stock Boss will be just fine. You will have an approved instructor with you that will keep you in check and not let you get over your head. You will be placed in a group with drivers that have comperable experience and there are safety rules in place that EVERYONE follows such as no passing in corners and only with point bys. Driver awareness is paramount. In other words, you cannot pass with out permission from the driver you are overtaking and only in authorized passing zones and no one will pass you with out you giving them permission so there are no suprises. This keeps everyone in touch with each other and safe.
Just come out a be ready to have a blast! All you need to do is air up the tires, make sure that you remove everything from the inside of the car including the mats and do a safety pre-tech inspection (torque lugs, etc....). The forms are on line. You will need a helmet but loaners are usually avail at the event. Info here: http://trackguys.motorsportreg.com/

For those of you not sure, there is the option for the Satruday "test Drive" for $50 that will allow you the classroom sessions and one 20 minute session on track with an instructor. After the test drive, you will be able to sign up to run for the full day on Sunday if you care to do so. Trust me....bring the extra money!!! This is what your car is built for! There is also a banquet on Saturday night at the Hall of Legends. It is usually BBQ ribs and chicken, etc... There are usually raffle prizes also so buy those tickets when you register.
Hope to see you all there!

I will be driving my SN95....

Here is a video at last years event. This is in the advanced class (very fast). I am in my silver SN95 in front of the camera car which is Erik From Torq in his modified 2010 Camaro SS. Enjoy!
Lead - Follow at Sebring - YouTube
Old 4/27/12, 08:15 AM
GT Member

Anyone from the Orlando area heading down?

I really want to go to this, but have never been to an event like this before.
I have bought the necessities...pads, fluid, ss lines and rotors for something like this but haven't installed anything yet.
Old 4/27/12, 09:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by redfirevert06

I have bought the necessities...pads, fluid, ss lines and rotors for something like this but haven't installed anything yet.
Sent you a P.M.
Old 4/27/12, 09:04 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

From St Augustine
Old 5/1/12, 04:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really want to go to this as well (have a 5.0 not a Boss) but right now I have something that weekend but it may get moved to the 19th rather than the 26th. I would love to go down to the event now that I'm back in Orlando. I went 5 years ago I think when I was in High School with my friend and his dad in their Cobra. It was still an SVT event at the time but it was awesome. They had a Ford GT you could pay to take the passenger seat in for a lap.

Saw this is a Kenny Brown thing on the other website on the OP. Just saw one of his track cars getting work done at LaMotta last Friday lol
Old 5/1/12, 08:56 PM
Cobra R Member

This is not a Boss only event, I hope as many Ford owners as possibile will stop by even if they are not running on track.

Todd if you need anything drop me a PM. If you can make it to the east coast I would help you install the parts you have. It is fairly simple.
Old 5/2/12, 08:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Don't think I can make it as I leave for deployment on the 29th. Got a lot of things to do here.

Quick Reply: Central Florida Boss Track Day