2012-2013 BOSS 302

Boss is up for sale :0

Search this Thread

Old 4/25/12, 02:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boss is up for sale, comp orange, recaros $36,500

$36,500 and it's yours clear title in hand. tuner, mods, factory parts included.

https://themustangsource.com/f721/fs...n-more-508084/

Last edited by ShaneM; 5/2/12 at 03:21 AM.
Old 4/25/12, 08:20 PM
JPC
Bullitt Member

Old 5/2/12, 03:20 AM
Cobra Member

price drop to $36,500 guys, found another car i want.

https://themustangsource.com/f721/fs...4/#post6327446
Old 5/2/12, 10:10 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
If I had the money I totally would! But I don't. No surprise. What other car are you looking at? If you don't mind my asking.
Old 5/2/12, 10:17 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Automagically
If I had the money I totally would! But I don't. No surprise. What other car are you looking at? If you don't mind my asking.
i took a ride with an instructor at msr cresson this weekend in a spec miata. i always scoffed at those cars, but man was it impressive when set up properly. and costs a fraction of what a boss does to operate at the track. ive been increasingly worried about someone hitting my DD on the track after seeing more than a few close calls lately. decided a stripped out, cadged, race car is the way to go plus the wife wants an suv, which will be the tow vehicle.

ive found a nice race prepped spec miata ive got my eye on. would be killer with a SC or turbo attached, or stock for some wheel to wheel action. i also rode with an instructor in his american iron 90 fox coupe, i can honestly say the spec miata was much more fun. the cornering speeds are just insane, i thought we were going to die a few times, then the car just turned.
Old 5/2/12, 12:28 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ShaneM

i took a ride with an instructor at msr cresson this weekend in a spec miata. i always scoffed at those cars, but man was it impressive when set up properly. and costs a fraction of what a boss does to operate at the track. ive been increasingly worried about someone hitting my DD on the track after seeing more than a few close calls lately. decided a stripped out, cadged, race car is the way to go plus the wife wants an suv, which will be the tow vehicle.

ive found a nice race prepped spec miata ive got my eye on. would be killer with a SC or turbo attached, or stock for some wheel to wheel action. i also rode with an instructor in his american iron 90 fox coupe, i can honestly say the spec miata was much more fun. the cornering speeds are just insane, i thought we were going to die a few times, then the car just turned.
Very awesome. My wife and I decided that our next car will be a Raptor. So I'm very up in the air about the Mustang with us trying to buy a house soon. I do completely agree with the possible collision on track. I've thought that I would probably just go with an E36 M3 to destroy on the track.

I guess I thought the Boss would be easier to use as a track car than you make it sound. I don't know what all goes into a spec Miata. So I don't really know financially how different they are. I would assume the Miata doesn't go through parts as quickly. I'm interested to know now.
Old 5/2/12, 12:41 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Automagically
Very awesome. My wife and I decided that our next car will be a Raptor. So I'm very up in the air about the Mustang with us trying to buy a house soon. I do completely agree with the possible collision on track. I've thought that I would probably just go with an E36 M3 to destroy on the track.

I guess I thought the Boss would be easier to use as a track car than you make it sound. I don't know what all goes into a spec Miata. So I don't really know financially how different they are. I would assume the Miata doesn't go through parts as quickly. I'm interested to know now.
its not that the boss is hard to use for a track car, it's a great track car. it's just heavy and fast which makes it gobble consumables, at least the way i drive. the spec miata cars are so light, iirc in the area of 2300lbs at race weight that they don't wear things as quickly. they aren't cheap to build exactly, a new one will run ready to race can be up to $30k. but used ones are reasonable at 10-15k already gutted, caged, and such. the tire budget for a season of multiple race events for the people that ive talked to is in the $800 range. for me i can go all year or more on one set of tires since it will be mostly HPDE's.

the other thing i like is if i blow a tranny in a spec, its about $750, and an engine that is race prepped is $3k, not 12k like the boss motor. if you do track days, find someone driving one and take a ride. they are impressive considering how little power they have. i found one turbo car with 325whp set up for TTU. it may be mine if my car sells in time! 325whp and 2200 pounds with race suspension would be a track day beast.
Old 5/2/12, 12:43 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Closing thread. No need for two threads when you already have one in the 'For Sale' section.