Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Boss Track Attack Question

Search this Thread

Old 6/14/12, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boss Track Attack Question

Hey, I found a used boss for sale at a Chevy dealer It has less than 800 miles on it! Under $39k...

Since I will be the second owner will I be able to sign up for the Boss Track Attack program?? The original owner did not sign up.

Thank You
Possible new Boss owner
Old 6/14/12, 06:59 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

It's only for the original owner.
Old 6/14/12, 07:55 PM

The 12 Boss is about 2k more than the 13 GT Track Pack car. What would you do? Obviously the boss has much more potential. Its not going to be a daily driver. Weekend toy and occasionally drive to car shows.
Old 6/14/12, 08:12 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 89LXvert
The 12 Boss is about 2k more than the 13 GT Track Pack car. What would you do? Obviously the boss has much more potential. Its not going to be a daily driver. Weekend toy and occasionally drive to car shows.
Boss!

You get the owners package, track attack, limited run numbered car, and the engine is incredible!

Last edited by Jza1736; 6/14/12 at 08:13 PM.
Old 6/14/12, 08:19 PM

...and forged internals. If you have to ask you better get the GT with track pack. And if it's for car shows you better get a GT500.
Old 6/14/12, 09:28 PM

Haha its not just for car shows! Im a huge car guy I plan to go to atleast 1 track event this year. I just wanted to see the overwhelming responses of GET THE BOSS. Im going to the dealer tomorrow to see if they will budge anymore on the 39k.
Whats included with the Owners package? What else should I ask for that the original owner should have received?
All I know is that it comes with both keys (black,red) Car cover (unopened), boss floor mats, and theres a box in the car. It contained a key chain and a DVD im guess the DVD is from the speed channel?
BTW I've been drowling over the boss since it came out. Almost ordered one new last year but my bank account is in much better shape now haha
Old 6/14/12, 10:14 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
GET THE BOSS! For so many of the good reasons that others have listed above. I wanted one so badly, but I needed some more comfort features for wifey, so I got a GT and did some mods instead. But I LOVE the Boss! They are amazing. A very special car. Enjoy!
Old 6/14/12, 10:15 PM

While it would be nice if the original owner gave the dealer the owners package don't be surprised if it doesn't have it. The key chain and the letter are the only items specific to the car. Does it have the Recaro/Torsen option? Good luck!
Old 6/14/12, 10:42 PM
V6 Member

Buy it!
Old 6/15/12, 06:18 AM

Yes! It has recaros and torsen driving to see it again now before work
Old 6/15/12, 07:33 AM

Where and when will it say track key enabled? Dealer said it was activated but did nothing with red key... Drives amazing though I think I'm in love haha buying it today!
Old 6/15/12, 07:39 AM

Where and when will it say track key enabled? Dealer said it was activated but did nothing with red key... Drives amazing though I think I'm in love haha buying it today!
It states TracKey Active in the message center in the dash. You'll know if it's activated. Just because you have a red key doesn't mean it's activated. They all come with red and silver keys. It should also have the CARB decal with the car and many mount them under the hood.
Old 6/15/12, 08:31 AM

Thanks for the info! It's definitely not activated then but will be soon I have 2 brothers that are Ford mechanics. Any other questions I should ask about the car? did they come with Any certificates like svt used to give out? I just want to be sure I get everything the original owner would have received
Old 6/15/12, 11:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
...and forged internals. If you have to ask you better get the GT with track pack. And if it's for car shows you better get a GT500.
Low Blow Rick on the GT 500 Comment
Old 6/15/12, 07:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yes, you get a certificate with the production number and color number. Would be great if you can get your hands on that. It should also hopefully come with a book on the history of the Boss 302 in racing, engineering and design, of the old and the new. It is a great book, hopefully you will get that as well.
Good Luck! Get the Boss, you will never look back!
Old 6/15/12, 07:34 PM

Doesn't he get the special Boss car cover, also?
Old 6/15/12, 08:21 PM

I signed for the Boss today! I will be driving it home monday (working all weekend). Yes the car does come with a car cover but they do not have a certificate for the car. The owner bought it in September and only put 800 miles on the car then traded it in for a ZL1. I cant see why, the ZL1 is fugly with cartoonish wheels haha they just looked waaay too big and out of place.
Maybe I can order a certificate... Does anyone know who to speak to about the Boss Track Attack program? Hopefully if I can get in touch with the right people I can still sign up for the event.
Thank for all the help this is a great forum!
New CO Boss 302 Owner - Brian
Old 6/15/12, 08:32 PM

Hey, I found a used boss for sale at a Chevy dealer It has less than 800 miles on it! Under $39k...

Since I will be the second owner will I be able to sign up for the Boss Track Attack program?? The original owner did not sign up.

Thank You
Possible new Boss owner

I've been so busy working with all the Boss guys (amid the other programs) that I've not been on here lately. (Currently at the Steamboat Springs event...found a few guys from the site here today at the autocross!)

IMO it all comes down to value. BTA 1-day is free from Ford, but the normal Mustang 2-day school is just $3550 including FR500S and Limited Liability upgrades. BTA for a similar 2-day program costs about $1650, so if you save $1900 or more there is greater value in a pre-owned car than a new one. Precious few got their Boss without some premium added to list price new as well...that has to be considered.

I drove here in a 2013 Boss...one thing is certain, you NEED this car!
Old 6/15/12, 10:29 PM

I signed for the Boss today! I will be driving it home monday (working all weekend). Yes the car does come with a car cover but they do not have a certificate for the car. The owner bought it in September and only put 800 miles on the car then traded it in for a ZL1. I cant see why, the ZL1 is fugly with cartoonish wheels haha they just looked waaay too big and out of place.
Maybe I can order a certificate... Does anyone know who to speak to about the Boss Track Attack program? Hopefully if I can get in touch with the right people I can still sign up for the event.
Thank for all the help this is a great forum!
New CO Boss 302 Owner - Brian
---
Congrats Brian! I think you got a great deal - a few thousand off the price for only 800 miles, it is essentially brand spanking new. You will love it. Glad you got the car cover - that's a nice GWP (Gift With Purchase). There is Boss Track Attack posts on this forum, do some searching, and you'll get all the info you need. As for your certificate, try contacting FoMoCo North America directly, maybe they can help you. Also, there is a Ford Rep on this site, UserName is "FordCustomerService", person's name is "Deysha", maybe she can help you if you contact her via this forum. Good luck, and I'm sure you will LOVE that Boss, especially on the track.
Old 6/17/12, 02:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome, theres alot of Boss owners in NY area, Me and ( 06Mach1, Mike)
are only a few hrs away.

Quick Reply: Boss Track Attack Question