Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Boss Stripes 1/24 Scale Needed

Search this Thread

Old 2/2/14, 02:09 PM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Boss Stripes 1/24 Scale Needed

Does anyone know where I can purchase a decal stripe kit for a 2012 boss in 1/24 scale.
I've given up waiting for any of the companies to produce a 1/24 scale 2012 Boss in Yellow Blaze. I bought one in Race Red and plan on painting it. I bought factory YB paint and plan on making my own. Just need the stripes.
I thought that there was a member of this site that made his own, but I was unable to locate it..

Please help end my long wait for a 2012 YB diecast.
Old 2/4/14, 07:09 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boss man
Does anyone know where I can purchase a decal stripe kit for a 2012 boss in 1/24 scale.
I've given up waiting for any of the companies to produce a 1/24 scale 2012 Boss in Yellow Blaze. I bought one in Race Red and plan on painting it. I bought factory YB paint and plan on making my own. Just need the stripes.
I thought that there was a member of this site that made his own, but I was unable to locate it..

Please help end my long wait for a 2012 YB diecast.
Check here:

http://bossmustangsonline.com/index....95518#msg95518

Start at about post 103 and keep reading down. I am in the same situation as you are. I have not tried this, but it looks promising.
Old 2/5/14, 01:40 PM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Thanks YellowJacket. Thats what I was looking for. Now my next thing to do is find a hobby store that carries this decal papper so I can make my own.
Thanks for restoring my hope.
Jerry
Old 2/5/14, 02:37 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Jerry,
Link for 1 option for the clear decal sheets, various companies make this;
https://store.spruebrothers.com/Sear...&Submit=Search
Old 2/6/14, 05:14 AM
Cobra Member

Guys.....Thank you very much! My project went from dead in the water to smooth sailing. My next task is getting the stripes the right size or as close as I can. I'll post some pictures when I complete my Boss repaint.
I started sanding with steel wool to knock off the gloss finish and found out how easy the stripes come off. It seems like there not paint or decal but some kind of ink. Where the body color is real tuff paint or power coated.
Thanks again
Old 2/6/14, 10:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
thought about doing this for a 1/18 scale...
i have a 2010 mustang gt die cast that i can convert to look like my boss
minus the wheels and front splitter...at least it would look close to it...
just need the 1/18 c-stripe decals....we have a decal shop here in town
but not sure if they can do that small...ive seen thier work and they can get pretty
detailed...ill have to check it out one day.
Old 2/6/14, 01:49 PM
V6 Member

Jerry,
You have rekindled my interest in this. Where did you get the yellow blaze paint and how much did you have to buy?
Thanks
Jim
Old 2/7/14, 09:19 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by YellowJacketBoss302
Jerry,
You have rekindled my interest in this. Where did you get the yellow blaze paint and how much did you have to buy?
Thanks
Jim
Hope your sitting down when you see the price... You need 1 can of each, a base coat which is color and also a mid coat which is peral. then you need a can of clear coat. The clear coat you can pick up at a paint store or get it form the same company that you buy the Yellow blaze spray paint. If you have a spray gun and can paint its cheaper than buying spray cans. mine came out ok for me. I'm no painter so this is the route I had to take.

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/12-5-oz-...231608732.html
Old 2/7/14, 04:17 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by boss man
Hope your sitting down when you see the price... You need 1 can of each, a base coat which is color and also a mid coat which is peral. then you need a can of clear coat. The clear coat you can pick up at a paint store or get it form the same company that you buy the Yellow blaze spray paint. If you have a spray gun and can paint its cheaper than buying spray cans. mine came out ok for me. I'm no painter so this is the route I had to take.

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/12-5-oz-...231608732.html
Hi Jerry,
Yikes! $79 plus shipping. I'm a little confused by the website. It shows two cans included (a base coat and a mid coat). But the description says that included are the base coat and the clear coat. What did you actually get for $79?
Thanks
Jim
Old 2/8/14, 04:40 AM
Cobra Member

I bought my paint about 1 1/2 ago and dont remember what I paid. I do know it was pricey. You need the base coat and mid coat and clear. No primer needed. Paint sticks better to paint. Just scuff up the finish on the surface to be painted. (steel wool or scuff pad). I swear the base coat almost looks like a dull school bus yellow. but when you spray the mid coat over the base coat it makes the paint come alive. The clear is just to give it that high gloss shine and to protect the paint. Call them. when you order yellow blaze tri coat, you will get two cans. A base coat and mid coat. It takes those two to make up YB tri coat paint. There trying to sell a kit with tape and compound. Or check the web for another company to deal with. There not the only one who sells touch up paint in a spray can.
here is the order form. order 1 base coat spray can and 1 clear coat if you want. Like I said you can get clear coat at an auto store cheaper. when you order 1 can of base coat spray can you will receive 2 spray cans, a base coat and mid coat. I hope this helps. bottom line is the paint will cost 51.00.
https://www.paintscratch.com/cgi-bin/place_order2.cgi
Old 2/8/14, 07:32 AM
V6 Member

Thanks Jerry. Trying to work up the energy to get started on this project. Very interested in your results. Please post pics. There are many frustrated yellow blaze boss owners who want diecast models.