Maybe
11.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

BOSS Owners Get Together

Search this Thread

Old 2/28/12 | 03:57 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Automagically
Is this get together too exclusive for me to come up and get some pictures of all the Bosses in mass? I am in need of material for my blog.

Everyone is welcome to come out and enjoy the event. The only exclusivity is the meeting room is reserved for BOSS owners and their guest due to size limitations.

Please feel free to enjoy lunch at Dixie House in the main dining room (their food is very good).
Old 2/28/12 | 04:17 PM
V6 Member

Sent Email, even if it is to late for meeting room ill be coming up i live in Mansfield.
Old 2/28/12 | 09:31 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by D1ck_Cheneyx
Sent Email, even if it is to late for meeting room ill be coming up i live in Mansfield.
No it's not too late, we still have plenty of room for more BOSS owners.

I look forward to seeing you on Saturday.
Old 3/1/12 | 01:38 PM
V6 Member

Update:

20 BOSS's confirmed - includes 5 coming from out of town (around 200 miles or more)

3 maybes

Over 40 people

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.
Old 3/1/12 | 02:30 PM
Cobra Member

I'm not going to be able to make it, Jerry is there though and can talk about a track day. His screen name is JCP.
Old 3/2/12 | 07:59 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
I'm not going to be able to make it, Jerry is there though and can talk about a track day. His screen name is JCP.
I'm a shame that you won't be able to make. If we have another one hopefully you can join us at that one.
Old 3/2/12 | 08:14 AM
JPC
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
it's actually ...JPC

Looking forward to the Boss GTG
Old 3/2/12 | 12:26 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by JPC
it's actually ...JPC

Looking forward to the Boss GTG
dyslexic fingers ftl
Old 3/2/12 | 09:47 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by GGGforce
I am definitely coming up from Austin!
Sorry that I can't make it this time, fellas. However, this evening I pulled into my driveway and was walking to the door whenI heard a car rumble up on the street. The driver yelled, "Hey, nice car." I turned around and there was a red Boss! Turned out to be George (GGGforce). It was great to meet another Boss owner and forum member. We chatted it up and he showed me some of the cool stuff on his fancy TracKey equipped car. Very cool. Anyway, I hope you guys have a good meet.

Jimmy

Last edited by Jimmy Pribble; 3/2/12 at 09:49 PM.
Old 3/3/12 | 02:14 AM
V6 Member

Not sure if you have confirmed me or not but I will be there.....cant pass it up....its right down the road....literally!
Old 3/3/12 | 06:31 PM
V6 Member

It was great to see 25 Bosses together. Thanks again to Robert for setting it up.
Attached Thumbnails BOSS Owners Get Together-image-806771418.jpg   BOSS Owners Get Together-image-3968743719.jpg   BOSS Owners Get Together-image-4235181734.jpg   BOSS Owners Get Together-image-3376721331.jpg  
Old 3/3/12 | 09:54 PM
V6 Member

First off I want to thank everyone for coming out to the First BOSS Mustang Round-Up. It was wonderful seeing all those BOSS’s in one place and meeting everyone. I had a great time!

I want to give a special “Thank You” to those of you who came in from out of the DFW area. I really appreciate you making the trip to join us.

We had a total of 26 BOSS’s show up and over 50 people in attendance. For those of you who stayed we had a BOSS S race car come by. Mark’s BOSS S has to be trailered and yet he was nice enough to bring it to the GTG and offload it and show it to us.

During our meeting we had some discussions of future events. It looks like there is enough support to have another GTG and go to a track day as a group as well as possibly having a regional GTG in San Antonio and Houston. We will continue to look into having an all BOSS track day or teaming with another group like possibly The Shelby club for a private day at the track.

Also at the meeting we handed out some door prizes. Congratulations to those of you who won. Unfortunately I forgot to write down the names of the winners so if you won a prize and want to chime in with your name and prize that would be great.

A special thanks to Travis and Matt of Gear Heads Automotive and Performance in Arlington for donating some t-shirts and a dynamometer session. I would also like to thank Henry Rasmussen of Henry’s T-Shirts for donating the BOSS t-shirts. You can reach Gear Heads Performance at 817-465-4327 and Henry’s T-Shirts at 972-235-1169 or 214-280-9056 (cell). You can also reach Henry via email at hmrasmussen35@hotmail.com or hrasmu3059@aol.com.

My apologizes for not being able to spend more time getting to know each of you, but I hope at future events I can get to know everyone a little better.

I hope that everyone had a good time. I’m looking forward to seeing each of you again in the future.

Robert

Last edited by MrGT5oh; 3/3/12 at 09:55 PM.
Old 3/3/12 | 10:27 PM
Cobra Member

Wish I could have made it! I'll be home on leave in Ft Worth in Sep-Oct time frame for a month, and once again in Feb-Mar for about a month. So if one is hosted then I'll do my best to try to come out.
Old 3/4/12 | 08:28 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Mustangfreak
Wish I could have made it! I'll be home on leave in Ft Worth in Sep-Oct time frame for a month, and once again in Feb-Mar for about a month. So if one is hosted then I'll do my best to try to come out.
Corey, there's a Boss track event already scheduled for September just to the North of you. It sounds like there will be at least one Ford exec and maybe more this year along with some brand new hardware in a school bus yellow trim The 2nd Annual Mustang and Ford Roundup http://bossmustangsonline.com/boss-3...-hastings!!!!/

The genesis of the event was Ford executive Todd Soderquist's idea to hold an annual track event for Bosses to compete on track. We didn't want it to be limited to just Boss Mustangs, but all sorts of track capable Mustangs to get more participation. It's a great three day event in the middle of the country for Boss and Mustang owners to compete against each other in timed racing and most importantly, just have a blast

Automagically we'd love to see you there this year for pictures and plenty of material for your blog. You'd also be more than welcome for the Friday night meet. Last year it was at the Super Screen Theatre which is a large format theatre (IMAX) with seating for a few hundred where we had a live presentation of the history of the Boss program from Todd, one of the Boss teams members, as they worked it through from concept to program execution at Ford.
Old 3/4/12 | 02:36 PM
V6 Member

Jimmy - We'll have to push for meetings in Austin! Plenty of Mustangs here
Old 3/4/12 | 03:18 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by GGGforce
Jimmy - We'll have to push for meetings in Austin! Plenty of Mustangs here
Hey man, I was at Cars and Coffee today (12-1 or so), but didn't see you. Saw two orange Bosses, but didn't get a chance to meet the owners. Anyway, weather is getting good. Should be lots of meeting opportunities.
Old 3/5/12 | 03:08 PM
V6 Member

Jimmy - I got there at about 1:15 with my daughter and it was already clearing out. Next month I will be there.
Old 3/5/12 | 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by MrGT5oh
First off I want to thank everyone for coming out to the First BOSS Mustang Round-Up. It was wonderful seeing all those BOSS’s in one place and meeting everyone. I had a great time!

I want to give a special “Thank You” to those of you who came in from out of the DFW area. I really appreciate you making the trip to join us.

We had a total of 26 BOSS’s show up and over 50 people in attendance. For those of you who stayed we had a BOSS S race car come by. Mark’s BOSS S has to be trailered and yet he was nice enough to bring it to the GTG and offload it and show it to us.

During our meeting we had some discussions of future events. It looks like there is enough support to have another GTG and go to a track day as a group as well as possibly having a regional GTG in San Antonio and Houston. We will continue to look into having an all BOSS track day or teaming with another group like possibly The Shelby club for a private day at the track.

Also at the meeting we handed out some door prizes. Congratulations to those of you who won. Unfortunately I forgot to write down the names of the winners so if you won a prize and want to chime in with your name and prize that would be great.

A special thanks to Travis and Matt of Gear Heads Automotive and Performance in Arlington for donating some t-shirts and a dynamometer session. I would also like to thank Henry Rasmussen of Henry’s T-Shirts for donating the BOSS t-shirts. You can reach Gear Heads Performance at 817-465-4327 and Henry’s T-Shirts at 972-235-1169 or 214-280-9056 (cell). You can also reach Henry via email at hmrasmussen35@hotmail.com or hrasmu3059@aol.com.

My apologizes for not being able to spend more time getting to know each of you, but I hope at future events I can get to know everyone a little better.

I hope that everyone had a good time. I’m looking forward to seeing each of you again in the future.

Robert
Congrats on the great Boss showing... now, isn't it time to get those cars out where they REALLY belong? On the track?

You've read about our program and events in Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords, 5.0 Mustang & Super Ford and even Mustang & Modified Fords magazines... There's STILL time to sign up for our March 31 - April 1 Track Guys Lone Star Roundup at Texas World Speedway in College Station, TX. (the full 2.9 mile course, map below)

This will be our NINTH year at TWS and we would LOVE to see even more Boss 302 cars and owners joining us, either on the track or in the paddock. And yes, at least two of my instructors will be on hand with their fully track-prepped Boss 302S cars...and several more bringing their street-legal Boss 302 hot rods.

Our events are true performance driving schools - NOT racing events. Mandatory driver's meetings, classroom sessions for Beginner and Novice drivers, in-car instructors for anyone who needs/wants one and PLENTY of track time. Best of all, you drive at YOUR OWN pace...whatever you are comfortable with. Fear not, you won't be "thrown to the wolves", as we run a four-group format to make sure everyone drives in a group of comparable skill and experience.

We also have a "Track Guys Test Drive" program if you want to see if this performance driving thing is for you or not. But, FAIR WARNING: performance driving on a road course is THE most fun you can have in your car with your clothes on...

Register and more info online here: http://www.trackguys.motorsportreg.com

If you have ANY questions about our events, please don't hesitate to drop me an email at: jeff@trackguys.com or our event registrar, Dell Hughes, dell@trackguys.com.

Even if you don't sign up to drive, you can join us for our lunch-time parade laps...And, if we get ENOUGH Boss 302 cars and owners showing up, we'll do a special photo shoot on TWS's front straight and submit it to the magazines I write for...
Hope to see you at TWS!

Jeff Lacina
Owner / Lead Instructor
Track Guys Performance Driving Events
www.TrackGuys.com