2012-2013 BOSS 302

BOSS first mod

Search this Thread

Old 4/19/11, 04:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BOSS first mod

So what's it going to be for you?

I plan on lowering before anything else. Not sure of what springs to go for since I've been away from Mustangs for a while though. Thinking about these.

http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-c...d-mustang.html
Old 4/19/11, 04:29 PM
DFV
Bullitt Member

I bought my Boss, specifically to try to not modify the hell out of one of my rides. If I succeed it will be the first time in 20 years. (I've even modified my wife's rides without her knowledge or consent).

Hats off to the Ford engineering team that came up with something that could keep me from modifying it.
Old 4/19/11, 04:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by DFV
I bought my Boss, specifically to try to not modify the hell out of one of my rides. If I succeed it will be the first time in 20 years. (I've even modified my wife's rides without her knowledge or consent).

Hats off to the Ford engineering team that came up with something that could keep me from modifying it.
I'm right with you but I just don't know if I can do it. The problem is, once you start, it never seems to end......
Old 4/19/11, 05:40 PM
Bullitt Member

You see we ain't modifying. Just correcting the manufacturer's mistakes...or doing it the way the factory should have done it. Yes, even the wife's car without her consent or knowledge. I have to admit guilt on that one too.
Old 4/19/11, 06:04 PM
Bullitt Member

I might slap on a watts link. I loved mine on my SN95, Great improvement in handling through hard corners. Its a simple bolt-on. I'm hoping to stop there. I'm hoping the track key is as good as any tune. Anyone found an K&N filter for our air cleaner?
Old 4/19/11, 07:17 PM
Bullitt Member

My first mod is going to be a new pedal set. I order a set from Sullivan Racing Products this week end. I got the black/silver anodized ones so it will be 2 to 4 weeks before I get them.
Old 4/19/11, 07:33 PM
Bullitt Member

I had the intent of not modifying mine also. Or the wifes for that matter. But, I just dont like the 4x4 stance. I'm going to call steeda tomorrow to see if those springs will infact improve the handling. Not sure if a 1" drop is going to make that much of a difference.

Other than lowering I'm not looking at much else. But Dean hit it right on the head. Once I start its on. Oh, I'm getting the windows tinted. Does that count.
Old 4/19/11, 08:04 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bossdog
I might slap on a watts link. I loved mine on my SN95, Great improvement in handling through hard corners. Its a simple bolt-on. I'm hoping to stop there. I'm hoping the track key is as good as any tune. Anyone found an K&N filter for our air cleaner?
It doesn't need one. I already sold the one I bought for it.

Last edited by cloud9; 4/19/11 at 08:15 PM.
Old 4/19/11, 08:05 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Zoldier
I had the intent of not modifying mine also. Or the wifes for that matter. But, I just dont like the 4x4 stance. I'm going to call steeda tomorrow to see if those springs will infact improve the handling. Not sure if a 1" drop is going to make that much of a difference.

Other than lowering I'm not looking at much else. But Dean hit it right on the head. Once I start its on. Oh, I'm getting the windows tinted. Does that count.
Try running a 35 profile tire on an 18" wheel on the track. It lowered the front 1.5" on mine
Old 4/19/11, 08:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Dean#4AI
I'm right with you but I just don't know if I can do it. The problem is, once you start, it never seems to end......
Exactly. As an early guinea pig, and a compulsive modder, let me plead with you to take it slow. Track the car at least once before you even think about touching the suspension. Go ahead and upgrade the brakes (cooling kit, rotors, pads, lines, fluid) if you're going to track it, and put on the trans cooler scoop. WAIT ON THE REST, particularly TracKey.

IMHO of course.
Old 4/19/11, 08:09 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by MJockey
My first mod is going to be a new pedal set. I order a set from Sullivan Racing Products this week end. I got the black/silver anodized ones so it will be 2 to 4 weeks before I get them.
Let me know how that goes. I'd be interested as well. It was easier on track with Piloti's than the street to heel/toe though.
Old 4/19/11, 08:13 PM

I already have the LS brake duct kit, just haven't installed it yet. I need to read the directions and see what the recommended method is for "creating" the holes in the fascia. I don't want to be tearing it up. I also have a set of race red bumper plugs, at the suggestion of one of our members here in my boss's intro thread. I will definitely be getting tint done soon. Outside of that, not too much in mind, certainly not until after the red key tune is released anyway. I'd be interested in seeing how the tune would work with other aftermarket parts, like intake or exhaust, etc.
Old 4/20/11, 12:55 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by cloud9
It doesn't need one. I already sold the one I bought for it.
That was fast.

I hope you guys have the ride height figured out before my Boss arrives.

Last edited by 5 DOT 0; 4/20/11 at 12:58 AM.
Old 4/20/11, 06:53 AM

Track Key, Tint, Spings and Shifter. Not going crazy with this one.
Old 4/20/11, 06:57 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by manOwar
Shifter
Please elaborate.
Old 4/20/11, 07:58 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

We already have a short throw shifter. I'd be curious to know what you'd gain by changing it.
Old 4/20/11, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by LQQK
Please elaborate.
I've seen a lot of great reviews on the Barton Shifter with 40% less throw than stock.

http://www.bartonindustries.com/MUSTANG-PRODUCTS.html
Old 4/20/11, 09:30 AM
Bullitt Member

SRP makes great pedals

no affiliation...just that I've used their pedals on a few cars and think really highly of them.
Old 4/20/11, 10:43 AM
Bullitt Member

I've seen a lot of great reviews on the Barton Shifter with 40% less throw than stock.

I may need to add this to my short list of mods. May just try the Barton Shifter Bracket first.
Old 4/20/11, 11:13 AM
Bullitt Member

That's 40% from a GT, isn't it? I thought the Boss had an upgraded / shorter throw shifter than the GT.

Quick Reply: BOSS first mod