2012-2013 BOSS 302

Boss at Dealership in Mi

Search this Thread

Old 3/14/11, 11:03 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Turd
Price was MSRP.

No info on the track key. Although I did use the red key to start it up.

89Turd = my current mustang. Convertible GT. Started life as an Auto car. It was just terribly slow - hence the name. (It's better now - 5 speed, Vortech, etc...)
Congrats
Old 3/14/11, 11:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Congrats! Thanks for the pics too
Old 3/14/11, 11:34 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The Source is where it's at!!

Congratulations!! So much for...whatever the hell it was you weren't going to buy the Boss for!

Just FYI, I'm currently making Boss noises at my desk like a child.

Last edited by Automagically; 3/14/11 at 11:35 AM.
Old 3/14/11, 11:46 AM
V6 Member

Thanks guys.

Drove it just in the parking lot.

He offered to let me take it out on the road but I dont want to til I'm going home with it.

Had 8.6 miles on it.

The intake plate said it was number 0144.
Old 3/14/11, 11:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Congrats!!! I knew you'd cave in when you saw it ! wink wink
Old 3/14/11, 11:52 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Awesome. The invasion has begun.
Old 3/14/11, 11:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Grats ! THe white roof looks better in those pics me-thinks
Old 3/14/11, 12:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Thumbs up

Thanks for the pics
Congrats on your Boss.
Old 3/14/11, 12:56 PM
Cobra Member

Wait; you mean a stock order was delivered before a retail order?!?

Old 3/14/11, 03:03 PM
V6 Member

OK - so help me out here guys...

I spoke with the dealer again. They have the bumper off and are repainting it to fix the scratch. He said he didnt think he would have the rear stickers in on Wednesday. I can take it without them and bring it back to have them installed when they are available.

Part of me is upset that my brand new car is not perfect. It will always be 'tainted' a little bit.

Would you take this one, or take the next one that will built 2nd quarter and hope for no issues?

Tell me it wont bother me in 10 years that the bumper was repainted..
Old 3/14/11, 03:11 PM
Cobra Member

I spoke with the dealer again. They have the bumper off and are repainting it to fix the scratch. He said he didnt think he would have the rear stickers in on Wednesday. I can take it without them and bring it back to have them installed when they are available.

Part of me is upset that my brand new car is not perfect. It will always be 'tainted' a little bit.

Would you take this one, or take the next one that will built 2nd quarter and hope for no issues?

I would take it without the bumper! Call me when it's done and I'll be back to pick it up!! Unless your a collector and trying to keep the car completely original and very low miles would I see it mattering to someone! Enjoy ur new ride and post up as soon as you can, if you can get yourself out of it!!!
Old 3/14/11, 03:12 PM
Bullitt Member

keep it! consider it a birthmark.

theres no telling if the next one wouldnt have a little scratch either. then what will you do, wait for a 2013? it's not like its a lemon or anything. If they are repainting it and match it perfectly than what's the big deal?
Old 3/14/11, 03:15 PM
V6 Member

thats like finding out your hot chick had surgerey you still want to get your hands on it but in 10 years you always have second thougths but give it to me now!!!
Old 3/14/11, 03:15 PM
Bullitt Member

It's a blessing in disguise - there is nothing worse than finding the first ding in a new car. In your case, the car got its first ding and was repaired free of charge by the dealer!
Old 3/14/11, 03:20 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

I wouldn't worry about it but if it bothers you that much don't take the car. I may paint my roof within weeks of taking possession of my car and it won't bother me. Today's paint process is vastly superior to what it used to be and the dealer should be able to match the paint color and it should be the same years from now. My wife's car has a color called Moon Shell Mica and has had two minor accidents with it over the past four years. This color is hard to describe let alone match. You cannon tell where it has been painted and the sections are aging the same as the rest of the car. And while I'm sure the factory applies a great coat of paint your car has been painted before. If your car had been in a small accident where repairs were made other than just paint I would not accept the car.

Last edited by 5 DOT 0; 3/14/11 at 03:22 PM.
Old 3/14/11, 03:25 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome! I might have to drive up there and take a peek at it tonight.

Pat Milliken and Village both have received one now. They're only about 5 miles apart.
Old 3/14/11, 03:27 PM
Bullitt Member

As a bodyshop owner, I can tell you it's no big deal. Everyone has this perception that their car is perfect until wrecked. You would be surprised how poor fitted body parts are on 95% of all vehicles, no matter how much you paid for it. As for the stripes I can tell you right now that you probably won't see them for a few weeks, stripes are harder to get than most sheetmetal/bumpers. Just take the vehicle and enjoy the heck out of it. Just uncap it and all your worries will disappear Like 5 dot 0 said, today's painting process is so much superior to what it was before you won't even notice.
Old 3/14/11, 03:31 PM
Cobra Member

Did you get the recaro seat/torsion dif? If so, we could trade. I ordered same one on Dec 1 for Msrp. I wouldn't mind the repainted bumper and you can get my allocation when it comes! Pm me if your interested and we can work out the details
Old 3/14/11, 03:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Take it, get it fixed, enjoy it!
Old 3/14/11, 03:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

You should have them paint the roof black while they are fixing the bumper!

Enjoy the car, you are one of the first in the country!

Quick Reply: Boss at Dealership in Mi