The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2012-2013 BOSS 302 (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f813/)
-   -   The Boss is Back! 2012 Boss 302 (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f813/boss-back-2012-boss-302-a-486460/)

2k7gtcs 8/13/10 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by stangfoeva (Post 5929011)
Gary should get one of these in comp orange/black to match his Raptor

:doh:

I always wanted a comp orange termi. This will be difficult to resist, but I just got the R and the Raptor is three months old. Maybe I'll wait till after it depreciates.

Blue Notch 8/13/10 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs (Post 5929023)

I always wanted a comp orange termi. This will be difficult to resist, but I just got the R and the Raptor is three months old. Maybe I'll wait till after it depreciates.

I think you need a bigger garage first. :p

MustangFanatic 8/13/10 01:32 PM

I do hope the side stripes are optional or at least NOT painted on so they can be removed easily. Not a big fan of the '69 style stripe. Only disappointment is that Ford isn't going to offer the car in black - even with the stripes, that would have been amazing!

mseymour3 8/13/10 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by MustangFanatic (Post 5929032)
I do hope the side stripes are optional or at least NOT painted on so they can be removed easily. Not a big fan of the '69 style stripe. Only disappointment is that Ford isn't going to offer the car in black - even with the stripes, that would have been amazing!

I agree. I want the street version in black. Either with matte black stripes or none at all. And throw in the race versions wheels except without the bright red/orange on them.

stangfoeva 8/13/10 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by WeinerDog (Post 5929018)
Yeah, and I'm not exactly a pillar of patience. I mean, I bought a '10 after all! :rofl2:

BTW, I don't think I ever said congrats on your car. I missed it when you got it because I was mostly hanging out over at MF. But Boomer and his endless teasing with the Boss brought me back here. So congrats!

This is just one of many reasons no one should regret getting a '10. There is always something better. My 5.0 still has the new car smell and now the BOSS blows it out of the water :rofl2:

And thanks for the congrats buddy! :nice:

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs (Post 5929023)

Do it Gary, do it! You don't need no stinkin new house!

Originally Posted by Blue Notch (Post 5929026)
I think you need a bigger garage first. :p

:lol:

I have a simple solution for him. He can buy a BOSS, and let me hold on to it and store it for him. When he wants to drive it I'll bring it to him. And I'll do it all for free too Gary :D

Tony Alonso 8/13/10 01:37 PM

LIKES -
* engine enhancements
* adjustable shocks
* optional Recaros
* quad exhaust
* 3.73 rear gear
* wheels on standard Boss
* Alcantra-covered steering wheel
* LS rear-seat delete
* adjustable steering feel
* Torsen LSD
* less flexible front brake lines

DISLIKES
* color selection
* different colored roof
* not much weight reduction
* lack of full brake cooling system

Good job, Ford!

EDIT - Oops...brake duct system on LS model and available over the counter for standard Boss. Excellent!

mseymour3 8/13/10 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by stangfoeva (Post 5929038)
This is just one of many reasons no one should regret getting a '10. There is always something better. My 5.0 still has the new car smell and now the BOSS blows it out of the water :rofl2:

And thanks for the congrats buddy! :nice:

Do it Gary, do it! You don't need no stinkin new house!

:lol:

I have a simple solution for him. He can buy a BOSS, and let me hold on to it and store it for him. When he wants to drive it I'll bring it to him. And I'll do it all for free too Gary :D

He'll probably even put gas in it for you...I know I would.

Ministang 8/13/10 01:39 PM

I'm so glad I waited and didn't jump on a 2011 GT when they came out. I sold my '01 Bullitt a few months ago and used the money from that to pay off my '08 GT, and I'll have that as a trade in plus a bunch of cash I'll save up in the next 6-8 months, and order a 2012 Competition Orange Boss 302 with Recaros and the Torsen LSD next spring. The first Mustang I bought, 22 years ago when I turned 18, was an orange '81 Cobra, and I've always loved the orange Machs and Terminator Cobras as well. Now the waiting begins........

stangfoeva 8/13/10 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by mseymour3 (Post 5929040)
He'll probably even put gas in it for you...I know I would.

Another brilliant idea! What say you Gary?

Tony Alonso 8/13/10 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Ministang (Post 5929041)
... and order a 2012 Competition Orange Boss 302 with Recaros and the Torsen LSD next spring.

You and I might be in the same line submitting the same orders!

black_bullitt 8/13/10 01:45 PM

AMAZING!!!!

If I could piece one together for my tastes:

BOSS 302
LS's rear spoiler
LS's Recaro Seats
LS's Rear Seat Delete
Gloss Black w/flat Black graphics.

Well done, Ford!

2k7gtcs 8/13/10 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by stangfoeva (Post 5929043)
Another brilliant idea! What say you Gary?

Hey why not. You go down to Galpin right now and I'll meet you there in a little bit. :p

Ice Hawk 8/13/10 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by WeinerDog (Post 5929009)
You mean as in you want the rear seat in an LS or you don't want it in the regular one?

I mean I don't want the rear seat on the regular Boss. No need. No one rides back there now in the Cobra, why even have it in the Boss when it's all about weight, power and handling?

wsmatau 8/13/10 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Ice Hawk (Post 5929049)
I mean I don't want the rear seat on the regular Boss. No need. No one rides back there now in the Cobra, why even have it in the Boss when it's all about weight, power and handling?

Concur... Rear seat delete should be an option.

Topnotch 8/13/10 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Topnotch (Post 5928903)
USE THE NEW STYLE PONY ON THE FRONT GRILLE....DAMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNN

WE ORDERED TOOOOOOO F'n MANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3192/...5abae3.jpg?v=0

Dr Evil 8/13/10 01:50 PM

good write up at motortrend with a bunch of details....although they got the engine part wrong.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...302/index.html

Ice Hawk 8/13/10 01:55 PM

Does anyone know if the 302R's Yellow color is the Yellow Blaze? I really really hope so. If it is, then that is for sure what I will be getting. No more concerns about the Boss not being avaiable in Grabber Blue. I just hope if it's not the same color, that the Yellow Blaze is close to it. I don't want no stinking gold color on my Boss.

PTRocks 8/13/10 02:01 PM

I want the LS's gauge package to be available in the regular BOSS.

CalStang'07 8/13/10 02:05 PM

"Holy Moly"

1 Attachment(s)
Holy Moly!! Saw this new orange Boss 302 picture here today and then fell in love all over again! Thanks again FoMoCo for keeping us Mustang-er's Forever Crazy Happy! Love It.... :beer:CalStang

Berol 8/13/10 02:08 PM

I went to the Detroit Autoshow in 2003 to see the concept.

I followed the pre-production rumors, and loved the pre-production car (tungsten silver with fan blades), but never pulled the trigger.

Followed the pre-2010 hype towards the end of 2008. Liked the car, wasn't totally sold on the styling of the rear. Turned me off to it a bit.

Followed the 5.0L rumors before production and it got me excited again.

A competition orange 2012 BOSS has me more than excited. This one will be the one I pull the trigger on. I've always loved the BOSS, and Competition Orange is my favorite Mustang color (I loved the color on the 2003/4 Mach I and Cobra, and the name itself is cool).

Really liking almost everything about the standard BOSS package.

Things I might like to see added/changed:
More color options, maybe one more wheel choice just for kicks, and a rear seat delete option (with the X member included).

As far as the Laguna Seca:
Love the idea and the concept. Love the package and the performance. HATE the styling. I think I could almost stomach all the red paint except on the wheels. If they offered an optional 'subtle' Laguna Seca model, I'd snatch it up. As it stands, I dislike the styling enough that I would buy the standard BOSS. I just can't spend that much money and not be 100% in love with the looks.

Overall, awesome job Ford. I'm quite impressed.