The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2012-2013 BOSS 302 (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f813/)
-   -   The Boss is Back! 2012 Boss 302 (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f813/boss-back-2012-boss-302-a-486460/)

LagunaBeach 8/13/10 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by trahsub (Post 5929307)
And then. . . ahhhh! It's 2014 model time! Brilliant work Ford, so nice to see an american auto company competing with the best of them.

Which will be the same as the '13 model! Might as well get one now, the world might end by then.

LQQK 8/13/10 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfsburg (Post 5929319)
The Mustang Tri-bar emblem is corny?! Wow. To each his own! ;)

I retrack that comment, I should of said "I'm gonna replace it with a 2011 dark emblem" or go naked.

I like the Tri-bar but not the way it looks on this car, It just appears as though it's to smallish or lacking boldness????

LQQK

Wolfsburg 8/13/10 08:41 PM

Ah, gotcha. I kinda wish it was off-set to the left, '69 Mustang-style, but I'm a little biased. ;)

1 COBRA 8/13/10 08:41 PM

IMO the GT/CS looks better. Its specs look good, should be lots of fun to drive.

Originally Posted by 2010MustangGT (Post 5928809)
Guess: 38,900

It will likely be $4 - 5K over the GT. My guess is low to mid $40s. $39K might be closer to its invoice price.

94gt 8/13/10 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by LQQK (Post 5929325)
I retrack that comment, I should of said "I'm gonna replace it with a 2011 dark emblem" or go naked.

I like the Tri-bar but not the way it looks on this car, It just appears as though it's to smallish or lacking boldness????

LQQK

Look at a 1970 Boss 302. That is where it came from.

whysoserious 8/13/10 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfsburg (Post 5929326)
Ah, gotcha. I kinda wish it was off-set to the left, '69 Mustang-style, but I'm a little biased. ;)

http://www.prestigemotorcar.com/inve...-cars/boss-302

I agree with you. While I do like the front end they made for these, I would have been happier if it was a little more faithful to the '69. That being said the standard 05-09 GT front does look a lot like the '69, so I can understand that they wanted to diffentiate it in some way.

cdynaco 8/13/10 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by whysoserious (Post 5929337)
http://www.prestigemotorcar.com/inve...-cars/boss-302

I agree with you. While I do like the front end they made for these, I would have been happier if it was a little more faithful to the '69. That being said the standard 05-09 GT front does look a lot like the '69, so I can understand that they wanted to diffentiate it in some way.

Great link!!!

SynisterGT 8/13/10 09:08 PM

Fist of all Thank FoMoCo!:hail::metal:

This car is exactly what we all wanted. They are really destroying the competition.

List of improvements I would change or add to the Street Boss 302:

1. Rear Seat Delete optional
2. Have "Boss 302" on the door sills
3. Option to start with a premium GT
a. Sync
b. Shaker sound
c. My color and ambient lighting
4. Boss 302 rear faux gas cap
5. Black as a color option
6. GT500 rear spoiler or Saleen heritage edition rear spoiler
7. Unique Advance track TCS tuning
8. Shift knob cordinating color with the side stripes
9. Lower it 1 in
10. 400 lb/tq

Overall great job Ford.

2012 Competition Orange with White stripes please and thank you.:D

GRAYPNY 8/13/10 09:55 PM

With the average price of a 2011 GT at $37K I'll bet this car goes for between $42K to $45K.

Zastava_101 8/13/10 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by LagunaBeach (Post 5929320)
Which will be the same as the '13 model! Might as well get one now, the world might end by then.

I don't think it will. You know, 2014 being Mustang's 50th Ae, I'm pretty sure Ford will have something special for us.

Boomer 8/13/10 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Red Star (Post 5929372)
I don't think it will. You know, 2014 being Mustang's 50th Ae, I'm pretty sure Ford will have something special for us.

You SURE? :stirpot:

Dave07997S 8/13/10 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by stangfoeva (Post 5929161)
hey, dave's back!

Any interest in trading in the M3 now? :jester:

LOL..awesome car. It did have me ponder a tad...no way would I do it though. I think though it shows what Ford is going to do with the next generation Mustang in 2014 just about when my lease is up on my M3.

Juice 8/13/10 10:41 PM

The Bullitt had a very limited option list. I suspect the Boss will be similar. With the Bullitt, the only real options in 08 were: Nav System, HID Headlights and Sirius. In 09, they made the Sirius standard. I would've liked heated seats and the auto dim mirror for example. I bought my Bullitt for 1% over invoice and actually had a choice of cars.

I'd like to see the white and the Yellow Blaze.

Wife didn't say no yet. In fact she'd consider getting rid of the Charger so I could keep the Bullitt...hmmmm!

1trickpony 8/13/10 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by cdynaco (Post 5929220)
from C5...

I went over to C5 and the car is actually getting respect. The only negatives comments I saw was some of the color schemes are ridiculous. I personally agree with this and this is subjective. Most of the comments focused on an impressive vehicle and GM needs to find an answer quick.

I was going to buy a V6 but if the Boss is close to $38K I'll take it. The V6 I was going to order was $28K and I think the Boss is worth the extra money. I'll take white with black stripes thak you very much!

tbi0904 8/13/10 11:49 PM

First off, nice job Ford! Can't wait to see what the Boss does on the track with real drivers piloting them (no Motor Trend, that doesn't mean you, sit back down). While the LS version's styling is...ah...interesting, that shouldn't be the deciding factor in buying one. The LS is meant to be raced, plain and simple. How it looks in your driveway or cruising down Mainstreet is secondary. If that's your main concern than the LS isn't the car for you. Stick to a GT.

N8dawg 8/14/10 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Juice (Post 5929392)
The Bullitt had a very limited option list. I suspect the Boss will be similar. With the Bullitt, the only real options in 08 were: Nav System, HID Headlights and Sirius. In 09, they made the Sirius standard.

Those are the only three options I want! I really hope Ford offers them on the BOSS.

Ice Hawk 8/14/10 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by Flagstang (Post 5929255)
am I the only one that thinks yellow blaze where the black is and black where the red is would be more then amazing???

Nope! Not at all sir! Yay for our ideas! LOL :D

striker GT 8/14/10 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by 1trickpony (Post 5929422)
I went over to C5 and the car is actually getting respect. The only negatives comments I saw was some of the color schemes are ridiculous. I personally agree with this and this is subjective. Most of the comments focused on an impressive vehicle and GM needs to find an answer quick.

Are white or black stripes available on any available color?

I think it's interesting that the color selection is so similar to the 1969 offering. 1969 had calypso corral (comp orange), bright yellow (yellow blaze), acapulco blue (kona), and wimbeldon white (performance white). 4 colors was it. Of course the most famous color scheme of the 69 Boss Trans Am race cars was red with the white roof and stripes, which could be done with the 2012.

I have mixed emotions about the colors as well. IMO, you can't go wrong with comp orange or white. Yellow is a classic Boss color (2nd most produced color back in the day next to calypso), but I can't decide if I like the Blaze...a little too gold. Love Kona, but I'm not sure I love it with the Boss stripes.

The door is wide open for a bunch of new colors in 2013 (along with a 70 boss style hockey stick stripe and shaker hood)

stangdog 8/14/10 03:58 AM

I really like the stripe design. But I always liked the '69 look better than the '70. I'll take white, orange, or yellow. Or red if I have to--whatever comes in first. Also, I think the blacked-out fog lamps look really cool.

Berol 8/14/10 05:40 AM

Has anybody been able to find any audio of this car running? Even at idle? (Besides the 5 seconds of B roll video on youtube).

With all the people at the media release, somebody must have fired one of them up. I'm dying to see how this thing sounds.