Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Boss 302 Dump Valve Thoughts/Questions

Search this Thread

Old 8/22/11, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boss 302 Dump Valve Thoughts/Questions

Hey All,

I brought home Boss 302 #787 in Houston TX (Competition Orange with Recaros) about two weeks ago, and it's quite a car! A total blast to drive, even compared to my 2008 GT I traded in. Let me get the "pros and cons" out of my system before I go ahead with my question:

Pros:
Fast and then some, great seats, amazing exhaust, great suspension, gorgeous wheels, a real head-turner

Cons:
Shifter is a step down from the MGW unit I had in the 2008 and the sound system is a bummer, but these aren't really secrets. The good news is that these are two really easy things to fix!

So, I think we've all established that the car sounds BEASTLY with the restrictor plates out. However, I like to turn the noise down from time to time if i'm going on a road trip or something like that. Just to quiet the peanut gallery about how easy it is to change the plates, yeah, I know, but it would be nice to be able to get at these a little faster. I have some 3/4 inch plates in right now and they're good, but to be honest I think for my habits it would be best to be either really loud or really quiet relatively spontaneously.

So, any update on FRPP electronic cutouts? I read something about them from someone named quicktime? Also, I don't have any problem reaching the plates without a lift, is there such a thing as just a mechanical/manual cutout system that I could just reach under the car and change without having to break out my ratchet set? That would solve the problem a lot of people have with electronic cutouts: drilling a hole in the floor of a new car!

Thanks guys!
Old 8/22/11, 08:56 PM

We tried to implement electric valves from the factory, but couldn't do it for many reasons. The Ford Racing parts should be available soon (I am not up to speed on status of those parts, but will try to find out for you).

You do not have to cut a hole in your floorpans to install the valve wiring. There are a few grommets on the underbody that can be used to pass through any wiring needed. That's what we did on our prototype Boss. I recommend drilling out the stock 5/16" orifice in the butterfly valves to get the factory sound level (or whatever diameter you prefer for the "quiet" setting). Hope this helps.
Old 8/23/11, 04:51 AM

S197ford:

Thats cool info about the grommets, that makes me really excited to get the FRPP part whenever it becomes available. Any word on interior switch placement? (Sirius button, anyone? )

Thanks!

-Tyler
Old 8/23/11, 11:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by s197ford
We tried to implement electric valves from the factory, but couldn't do it for many reasons. The Ford Racing parts should be available soon (I am not up to speed on status of those parts, but will try to find out for you).

You do not have to cut a hole in your floorpans to install the valve wiring. There are a few grommets on the underbody that can be used to pass through any wiring needed. That's what we did on our prototype Boss. I recommend drilling out the stock 5/16" orifice in the butterfly valves to get the factory sound level (or whatever diameter you prefer for the "quiet" setting). Hope this helps.
QTP (Quick Time Performance) has gone wireless. This is the way I am going to go. I also would like to be able to simply quiet the Boss for a trip to the store with the wife from time to time.
Check it out. http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/
Just spoke to QTP, Wireless is the only way the Boss Dump Valves will be available and should be available early September

Last edited by Bossdog; 8/23/11 at 11:54 AM.