2012-2013 BOSS 302

Black Paint Code

Search this Thread

Old 1/27/11, 06:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Black Paint Code

Does anyone know the paint code for the black accents like the roof, hood, spoiler etc.?
Old 1/28/11, 09:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
854 Gloss Black
Old 1/29/11, 11:20 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by chief_charlie
854 Gloss Black
Thanks ordering a new wing.
Old 1/30/11, 06:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Which one? I've been toying with the idea of the LS/CS style in black.
Old 1/30/11, 07:30 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Dig-It Racing
Which one? I've been toying with the idea of the LS/CS style in black.
Yea that is what I am going with. I found this

http://www.sportwing.com/ford-mustan...k-spoiler.aspx

from Sportwing. The site is up to date with colors and I searched the web, including this site, and found no negative comments about them. Most people said they are very happy with the quailty.

I was unsure what the exact paint code was, black is black but there is different shades of gloss. I hope they got it right since the answer came after they finished and shipped it (they had it out the door in less than 2 days). I spoke with CS on the phone and he talked to the paint shop. The paint shop seemed pretty confident they had the correct color.

Anyway price was right, $203 right now on sale and searched a discount code for an extra 5% off. $193 shipped

Last edited by 2012YellowBoss; 1/30/11 at 09:10 AM.
Old 1/30/11, 08:15 AM
Bullitt Member

That's great - thanks for the info. Do you know if the attachment points are the same? Or does it require drilling?
Old 1/30/11, 08:23 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dig-It Racing
That's great - thanks for the info. Do you know if the attachment points are the same? Or does it require drilling?
The standard spoiler has four holes. The CS spoiler uses the original four plus four more. Both have adhesive on them. I think the original four holes and the adhesive should be enough but you may want to drill the extra four holes.

While I think the CS spoiler looks great I'm not thrilled with the construction of it and the black plastic on the bottom. If you want to see one installed check one out at your local dealer on a CS.
Old 1/30/11, 09:10 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
The standard spoiler has four holes. The CS spoiler uses the original four plus four more. Both have adhesive on them. I think the original four holes and the adhesive should be enough but you may want to drill the extra four holes.

While I think the CS spoiler looks great I'm not thrilled with the construction of it and the black plastic on the bottom. If you want to see one installed check one out at your local dealer on a CS.
Thanks Rick, I have seen the spoiler in the CS and I do like it much more than the others. If I were to order a non-Boss Mustang I would get no spoiler unless it was the CS/LS type.

I will need to see how it mounts but I am thinking to get a new deck lid if the original requires and modification at all. I will just store the original. While I plan to keep the car I still want to keep it as original as possibile. It may not matter all that much with the newer cars but as a classic Mustang collector I just have it in my (blue) blood.

That is one of the reasons I am back and forth on the LS gauge pack, really want it but don't want to do a lot of cuttin and drillin.
Old 1/30/11, 10:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks again for the info.

A second trunk lid - a good but expensive idea. That's probably the way to go though in order to modify while maintaining the ability to go back to stock.

I'm going to go ahead and spend the money on the stupid-outrageously expensive LS gauge pack and cut the required hole in the dash. I figure it's a BOSS part that'll go nicely in my BOSS.
Old 1/30/11, 11:17 AM
Cobra R Member

Yea the deck lid is $577 (462 at newfordparts but shipping $$$). I will keep my eyes open on eBay for new take-offs also. Paint is another cost...

Speaking of newfordparts I will wait to see if they get the gauge pack, I will also look at places like American Muscle or other vendors. Sometimes good deals can be found. I was quoted $1400 here and cloud9 says he heard $1200. If I can find one for around 800 I will most likely do it.

I agree with you about adding things like the pod since it is a part for the Boss, same kinda goes with the spoiler.