Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Anyone Else 3rd Quarter and no vin?

Search this Thread

Old 8/26/11, 08:16 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone Else 3rd Quarter and no vin?

Am I the only one without a Vin in Third Quarter?
It seems like even fourth quarter cars have their vin already!!!!!!!!!!
Old 8/27/11, 06:03 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by c6dreamvette
It seems like even fourth quarter cars have their vin already!!!!!!!!!!
nope we are still in the same boat no schedule or vin yet.
Old 8/27/11, 06:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Nada here. Joked at the dealer that I'll get the car in time to put it away for the winter. He told me that Mustangs in general are taking much longer than normal when special ordered. Never know if I should believe anything they say.
Old 8/28/11, 07:08 PM

I basically screwed up back in Feb/March. There were so few cars on the ground back then I started looking for allocations rather than cars – wrong decision. I found a third quarter allocation, was euphoric and ordered my car in March. I should have waited a few months and just drove a few hundred miles and picked up the car I wanted from a dealer. There seems to be plenty on the ground nowadays. No, I do not have a VIN and the race is on to see if the car will beat the snow flakes to my shop. Not a very happy long time Ford customer.
Old 8/29/11, 08:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Got my VIN # and build date last week for what was supposed to be a fourth qtr car.

https://themustangsource.com/f813/ive-got-vin-499196/
Old 8/29/11, 08:33 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SoDakMac
I basically screwed up back in Feb/March. There were so few cars on the ground back then I started looking for allocations rather than cars – wrong decision. I found a third quarter allocation, was euphoric and ordered my car in March. I should have waited a few months and just drove a few hundred miles and picked up the car I wanted from a dealer. There seems to be plenty on the ground nowadays. No, I do not have a VIN and the race is on to see if the car will beat the snow flakes to my shop. Not a very happy long time Ford customer.
I was also told the latest I will have my car is Sept but I know that is not going to happen
From what i seen after you get the Vin its two to four weeks then it gets built and then another four to ship, so best case for me is a mid Oct car..........And thats ONLY if I get a vin soon!

Any luck this week for any of us Deysha?
Old 8/30/11, 07:34 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by c6dreamvette
We should have an update on Friday, c6dreamvette!
Originally Posted by jim woodruff
nope we are still in the same boat no schedule or vin yet.
Originally Posted by BOSS_man
Nada here.
Hopefully next week, guys.
No, I do not have a VIN and the race is on to see if the car will beat the snow flakes to my shop.
Hey SoDakMac,

I can track your order for you if you'd like. PM me with your dealer name and order number!

Deysha
Old 8/30/11, 07:38 AM

Well, I have some personal good news. I called my dealer (in another state) to check on my car’s status since I have not heard from them for over a month and they said the car will be delivered to them NEXT week. So much for “we will certainly let you know when we get the VIN or other information.” I downloaded the window sticker and it appears that the car was built in the first week of August. It was supposed to be delivered to the dealer this week but was delayed. While I am not too happy with how the dealership handled the whole thing (I suspect they figure that I will never purchase another car from them so who cares) I should have my Boss in about a week so I am in high spirits.
Old 8/30/11, 09:29 AM
GT Member

Well, I have some personal good news. I called my dealer (in another state) to check on my car’s status since I have not heard from them for over a month and they said the car will be delivered to them NEXT week. So much for “we will certainly let you know when we get the VIN or other information.” I downloaded the window sticker and it appears that the car was built in the first week of August. It was supposed to be delivered to the dealer this week but was delayed. While I am not too happy with how the dealership handled the whole thing (I suspect they figure that I will never purchase another car from them so who cares) I should have my Boss in about a week so I am in high spirits.
I just recived good news as well. My car's order has been submitted to the plant and I should have a Vin and Build Date by Friday!!!!!!
Looks like mid Oct it is
Old 8/30/11, 01:19 PM
GT Member

Woo-hoo! Got the news today from Deysha Claus that I have a 9/12 Build date! Next call to the insurance company and then I start rounding up the coinage.
Old 8/30/11, 01:36 PM
V6 Member

I have a 9/12 build week as well. Nice to know my Boss will have friends on the line. How long after I get my VIN and build week should the window sticker be posted?
Old 8/30/11, 08:27 PM
Bullitt Member

now if i could find mine also we would all be happpppy here lol
Old 8/31/11, 06:39 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by kyfigfam
Woo-hoo! Got the news today from Deysha Claus that I have a 9/12 Build date!
Originally Posted by Kristin
I have a 9/12 build week as well. Nice to know my Boss will have friends on the line. How long after I get my VIN and build week should the window sticker be posted?
Congrats guys!! The window sticker shows up about a week before the actual build day. Here is the link, just add your VIN at the end:http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webvie...cker.aspx?vin=

Originally Posted by Resolution78
now if i could find mine also we would all be happpppy here lol
Soon, Resolution78! I'm keeping an eye on it for you.

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 9/1/11 at 12:11 PM.
Old 10/24/11, 10:57 AM
Bullitt Member

OK, I ordered my car 7 months ago and the dealer promised June delivery. Found out later it was a 3rd quarter order. Has anybody else still not even received a VIN for a 3rd quarter build? This is getting out of hand.