Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Anyone changing the Boss 302 graphics . . .

Search this Thread

Old 9/18/11, 06:18 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone changing the Boss 302 graphics . . .

Some have removed the graphics on the Shelbys Mustangs.
The Boss 302 side striping can be modify or removed to the owners taste.
The roofs have been painted to match the body color. Which is a great mod. The hood is paint, I think, I don't know what is paint, a what is decal.

I know . . I know . . it's a collector car.

Just thinking out loud.
Old 9/18/11, 07:06 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

The hoods are a decal. I was originally thinking about changing from white to black stripes and roof but after my car arrived that idea faded quickly. Mine will be staying stock except for the added white LS spoiler. Oh and maybe a 302S hood with white accents and white grill surround. I'm not worried about any potential collector car status. I bought mine to drive the wheels off.
Old 9/18/11, 09:42 PM

+1 on the stripe deletes, i was thinking about getting the roof kona blue matched with the body. After a couple weeks i grew to like the white roof.

Only exterior mods i am going to do is hyrdocarbon the Splitter, lower front fascia, side skirts, and rear diffuser. The flat black looks plain to me.
Oh and maybe a CF GT500 spoiler
Old 9/18/11, 10:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I plan on having my stripes and roof painted in the same style of black (matte, satin, etc) and am thinking of modding the hood stripe a bit. If I keep the stock wheels I may have them powdercoated to match.

Last edited by black_bullitt; 9/18/11 at 10:10 PM.
Old 9/19/11, 10:37 PM
GT Member

I'm planning to leave my most excellent Yellow Blaze paint and Black decals alone 'as is.'
The one thing I would do is put a discrete matching matte Black decal across the back of the trunk simply identifying the vehicle as "Boss 302".
Some people have said they weren't quite sure what the car was when they saw it from the rear. Since I can't run flat out all the time to 'show' them what it is,.... I thought a little verbage might be in order to tell 'them' what it is!
Cheers,
Jouster
Old 9/20/11, 05:29 AM

I have a white Boss with Recaro's. Removed the hood decal and side stripes after about 2 weeks. I prefer the stealth look, and it's also eliminated the street racing idiots at lights (usually rice burners and SUV's). The side stripes can be purchased for $150 if I want to reverse it. The hood should have been painted from the factory, and I may still do that. The side stripes are really cheap mylar and peel right off. The hood decal is a heavier material. Once I warmed it up with a hair dryer starting at one corner, it peeled off OK. I like the black roof as is.

I think the car is now less of a target for chop-shop thieves. I've also added a Blendmount for my RD, and plan on buying an OBDII compliant HUD. I get moving pretty fast, and the speedo is hard to read. Disconnected the engine sound snorkel and plugged the firewall hole, and hole on the intake side. Much better just to hear the exhaust sound. LS style gauges may be next.

You may not agree with what I did - but here's our common ground - it's a fantastic car and Ford did something really special with the engine/suspension/brakes/exhaust as a total package. I hope the Boss continues to be a hot seller for them. A bigger color choice for the 2012 Boss would have been nice.
Old 9/20/11, 06:36 AM
V6 Member

Roamer can you post some pics?
I totally agree with all your comments.

"I think the car is now less of a target for chop-shop thieves."

If you are going to drive it as a semi DD.

Thanks
Old 9/20/11, 05:24 PM

Here's a photo . . . Anyone who knows Mustangs can tell it's a Boss from the wheels, splitter, grille, etc., but it really feels like flying under the radar without the decals.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone changing the Boss 302 graphics . . .-boss-302.jpg  
Old 9/20/11, 11:46 PM

I have the same exact color and have been wanting to pull the stickers too.
Old 9/21/11, 08:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

I agree with the whole.. it's my car I'll do what I want thing. Cause honestly, at the end of the day, what does anyone else's opinion matter?

My ONLY problem is with the comment about how anyone who knows Mustangs can tell it's a Boss etc comment from Roamer. And the problem I have with it is, now that it is debadged it just appears to be a Mustang that has had some Boss parts put on it. Which everyone knows is real easy to do. How many guys out there with SN95s used the Mach1 grille delete on their regular Stang? How many used KC's GT500 conversion kit on their regular s197 GTs? It is real easy to clone a vehicle given the parts.

But again, I am with everyone about modifying and altering their vehicles to their liking. You paid for it you can make it whatever you want it to be.

On another note, Roamer, your car is gorgeous. Very under the radar and very clean. Kudos!
Old 9/21/11, 10:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Roamer
Here's a photo . . . Anyone who knows Mustangs can tell it's a Boss from the wheels, splitter, grille, etc., but it really feels like flying under the radar without the decals.
Roamer,

Hmmmmm, i do see a Beautiful Mustang in that pic.

After spending time evaluating three Boss's graphics at a recent car show with 2012yellowBoss, i was disappointed at how little care was taken to make sure the factory graphics were perfect.

Luckily mine are pretty good. I have a CO Boss and i am not sure a pumpkin chariot would be as nice without the Black graphics. What do you think?
Old 9/21/11, 02:41 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Roamer, car looks pretty good, but man that takes *****,
Old 9/21/11, 04:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Roamer your car looks great. Kudos for being different.
Old 9/22/11, 05:56 PM

I appreciate the comments. I posted a picture on a Boss only site and got a lot of negativity, which was strange to me. Before I bought the Boss, I stopped into the Ford dealership and they had a white GT500 with the black glass roof, and stripes deleted. I thought it looked pretty good, so the idea stuck in my head. If you go to the new Mustang customizer site, you can specify a Boss in any color, with or without stripes, different grille options, etc. Of course, it's all a fantasy, but it's a great way for Ford to find out what we the customers are thinking. The site is www.ford.com/cars/mustang/customizer/
Old 9/22/11, 06:06 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
You won't get negativity from me. I personally think the Boss is very tacky from the factory and the LS even worse. But I feel the same way about the Shelby also. I much rather the look of yours now.
Old 9/22/11, 06:12 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Looks great. The clean look fits it well.
Old 9/22/11, 06:26 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
You won't get negativity from me. I personally think the Boss is very tacky from the factory and the LS even worse. But I feel the same way about the Shelby also. I much rather the look of yours now.
It is tacky. Oddly I've grown to love that.
Old 9/22/11, 06:27 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2

It is tacky. Oddly I've grown to love that.
It takes all kinds.
It's a special car but stripes can always be put back on later.
Old 9/22/11, 06:34 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by TheDarkSide
now that it is debadged it just appears to be a Mustang that has had some Boss parts put on it. Which everyone knows is real easy to do.
This...^^^

I think it looks like a white GT with Boss wheels, grill and splitter. Not for me, but I also agree that it is your car, your money, your perogative.

Glad you are making it what you want
Old 9/24/11, 10:59 AM

If I had gotten a red Boss instead of white, I'm pretty sure the stripes would have stayed. Red was my second color choice. Kona blue is nice too, but I couldn't get past the white roof when I saw one on the lot. I would have taken off the white stripes.

Anyway, there's an aftermarket source for replacement C stripes for $150, plus labor. So it's a reversible mod. Anyone with a GT can buy those stripes too, so it takes lifting the hood to see if it's a real Boss.

Cosmetics aside, it's a rewarding car. I had a 2006 GT, and after spending a lot on mods, decided that it wasn't much of an improvement for the money spent. And where can a GT owner buy a side exhaust system, or find Recaro seats with airbags and an LSD for $1,600? Probably only at a junkyard that has a wrecked Boss, and hopefully that will never happen to any of us lucky Boss owners.

Quick Reply: Anyone changing the Boss 302 graphics . . .