Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Anyone added foglights and/or halo lights to their boss?

Search this Thread

Old 12/21/13, 06:33 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone added foglights and/or halo lights to their boss?

I was thinking about fog-light deletes on the boss. I really like the grille lights and have always loved how well they light up the road. I was thinking that if your only going to the track 2 or 3 times a year then it doesn't seem like it would be too hard to take the lights out for the extra cooling for those few events. I think the smoked lens lights could keep the darker look of the front while adding the functionality. Also, has anyone added halo lights? I know some say the lights are dumb etc. but I think it would be a nice add on.
Old 12/21/13, 07:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mustangs have the worst fog lights. I turn my brights on when the oncoming Mustang has those dinner plate sized fog lights on...them and Wranglers are the worst fog lights.

Dave
Old 12/21/13, 07:16 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Dayve
Mustangs have the worst fog lights. I turn my brights on when the oncoming Mustang has those dinner plate sized fog lights on...them and Wranglers are the worst fog lights.

Dave
They are positioned as driving lights rather than low like actual foggers. They would be totally useless in fog.
Old 12/21/13, 10:41 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Either way. The boss is set apart by the deletes. I don't want to look like a GT that bought an aftermarket stripe package.
Old 12/21/13, 10:43 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
They are positioned as driving lights rather than low like actual foggers. They would be totally useless in fog.
This is true. My real intent was for night time road critters. I live in southern IL where there are a lot of deer in the spring and fall. I have just seen new GTs with all the lights on and those cars absolutely had it lit up like day time. I once had a GT500 follow me while I was in my '70 and it was almost like my lights weren't on.

On a side note - Fog lights down low dont work in fog anyhow lol
Old 12/21/13, 10:49 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ninjacrooks
Either way. The boss is set apart by the deletes. I don't want to look like a GT that bought an aftermarket stripe package.

Looks are one thing. I would need them for function. And honestly, people either know its a boss with or without deletes. Everyone else just thinks "hmm thats different looking mustang, I wonder what year it is" Like, people either say to me "that is a nice mustang, is it a 69 or 70?" then the other people say "thats a cool camaro" or "is that a dodge?"

So, people either know it or they're going to say its a GT with a stripe package anyway.
Old 12/22/13, 11:41 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by mikes70mustang
Looks are one thing. I would need them for function. And honestly, people either know its a boss with or without deletes. Everyone else just thinks "hmm thats different looking mustang, I wonder what year it is" Like, people either say to me "that is a nice mustang, is it a 69 or 70?" then the other people say "thats a cool camaro" or "is that a dodge?" So, people either know it or they're going to say its a GT with a stripe package anyway.
The HID's on the boss are the best lights I've used. Better than my range. I don't see how adding some stock gt fogs would help much for your situation. IMO. I mean, your adding more light to the road, but it's gonna be lower quality and I would think it wouldn't improve your night vision much.
Old 12/23/13, 09:18 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ninjacrooks
The HID's on the boss are the best lights I've used. Better than my range. I don't see how adding some stock gt fogs would help much for your situation. IMO. I mean, your adding more light to the road, but it's gonna be lower quality and I would think it wouldn't improve your night vision much.

This is true. Doesn't the GT500 have HID grille lights as well? If so, then thats what I would get in that situation.
Old 12/24/13, 04:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

The fogs make a massive difference actually. I deleted them on my 13 and regretted it. I have a 14 now and they're staying on.