2012-2013 BOSS 302

All of you that are taking delivery of their 1Q11 cars

Search this Thread

Old 3/20/11, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cloud9
Any chance you'll get it on a track for comparison first? I know I'm going to want to lower mine, but I want to get it right the first time this time. I went from the FRPP kit to a Griggs suspension with Koni coilovers on the GT500. I don't want to do anything twice this time.
Doubt it but the Comp series worked well on the GT500 considering they didn't make a spring for it when I put them on.

I'm only home about 30 days a year. This next trip has the car being picked up, my youngest graduating HS and my oldest just finished her collage so.... a trip to somewhere in Caribbean I'm told!

I'd rather be at a track somewhere with either the Boss or the GT500 then on a beach.
Old 3/20/11, 08:56 AM
Cobra Member

Also need videos so we can hear that engine!!

-ace72
Old 3/20/11, 12:04 PM
V6 Member

My CO Boss 302

For those of you asking for a few more photos:
Attached Thumbnails All of you that are taking delivery of their 1Q11 cars-dsc_0010.jpg   All of you that are taking delivery of their 1Q11 cars-dsc_0014.jpg   All of you that are taking delivery of their 1Q11 cars-dsc_0049.jpg  

Last edited by Jason29; 3/20/11 at 03:11 PM.
Old 3/20/11, 12:10 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

WHERE ARE THE VIDEOS!!??!
Old 3/20/11, 12:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How is everyone liking the Recaros?
Old 3/20/11, 12:49 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Very nice Jason. How do you like the Recaro seats?
Old 3/20/11, 12:53 PM
Cobra Member

Any regrets with the Recaro's--->
Old 3/20/11, 01:14 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Looks great Jason. Enjoy!
Old 3/20/11, 01:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

I LOVE the Recaros...just have to remember to move the seat rearward before getting in or out and the bolster will wear VERY quicky. Plenty of support though i wish for a little more lumbar support. BTW the best OEM Recaro seats in the world are the 04.5/05 Jetta GLi seats. They had lots more lumbar and an adjustable headrest...but these are great seats! I am glad i got them...esp since they cam with the Torsen
Old 3/20/11, 01:53 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2006stiguy
the bolster will wear VERY quicky.
I figured that would be a problem.

Anyone know of a seat cover for Recaro's?
Old 3/20/11, 01:55 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 2006stiguy
I LOVE the Recaros...just have to remember to move the seat rearward before getting in or out and the bolster will wear VERY quicky. Plenty of support though i wish for a little more lumbar support. BTW the best OEM Recaro seats in the world are the 04.5/05 Jetta GLi seats. They had lots more lumbar and an adjustable headrest...but these are great seats! I am glad i got them...esp since they cam with the Torsen
I've never seen seats listed as a "wear item" for warranty purposes so should be good for 3 years at least
Old 3/20/11, 03:08 PM
V6 Member

Thanks about the pictures. I really am enjoying the car. Like a lot of you, I waited impatiently for its arrival. I am Cincinnati, so my experience with ordering a previous Mustang was that as soon as it left the plant on a truck, it would be here within 24 hours. That proved to be the case again with the Boss.

It is funny about Ford's system because when I called the customer service number, they were still telling me it hadn't left the plant yet on Friday morning, only minutes before the dealer called and said it had arrived. I picked it up that afternoon. Despite the fact that it was raining Friday, I didn't want it sitting at the dealer for a day or two. As it was, people were stopping in and getting in and out of the car while I was there. The dealer's detail crew did a great job cleaning up the car so I could make sure it was damage free.

I really enjoy the Recaro seats. I think they look great and are comfortable. The car drives great, though I have been taking it easy on it as the manual recommends for break-in. My only complaints about the car are the lack of technology items. I know this has been discussed previously, but it is hard living without a USB port for your ipod and satellite radio when you know lesser Mustangs have them. I realize they probably elected to take those out to save weight and costs given the true purpose of these cars, but at least give customers the option. I also agree with others that the dash lacking an oil pressure gauge seems bare. They should have at least done the standard Mustang GT information gauges. All small items to pick at for an otherwise wonderful car. Definitely worth the wait.
Attached Thumbnails All of you that are taking delivery of their 1Q11 cars-dsc_00582.jpg  
Old 3/20/11, 03:16 PM
FR500 Member

Any chance you'll get it on a track for comparison first? I know I'm going to want to lower mine, but I want to get it right the first time this time. I went from the FRPP kit to a Griggs suspension with Koni coilovers on the GT500. I don't want to do anything twice this time.
By the way, did you notice in the Road and Track video that the splitter bottomed out in the Corkscrew?
Old 3/20/11, 03:21 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Jason29
Thanks about the pictures. I really am enjoying the car. Like a lot of you, I waited impatiently for its arrival. I am Cincinnati, so my experience with ordering a previous Mustang was that as soon as it left the plant on a truck, it would be here within 24 hours. That proved to be the case again with the Boss.

It is funny about Ford's system because when I called the customer service number, they were still telling me it hadn't left the plant yet on Friday morning, only minutes before the dealer called and said it had arrived. I picked it up that afternoon. Despite the fact that it was raining Friday, I didn't want it sitting at the dealer for a day or two. As it was, people were stopping in and getting in and out of the car while I was there. The dealer's detail crew did a great job cleaning up the car so I could make sure it was damage free.

I really enjoy the Recaro seats. I think they look great and are comfortable. The car drives great, though I have been taking it easy on it as the manual recommends for break-in. My only complaints about the car are the lack of technology items. I know this has been discussed previously, but it is hard living without a USB port for your ipod and satellite radio when you know lesser Mustangs have them. I realize they probably elected to take those out to save weight and costs given the true purpose of these cars, but at least give customers the option. I also agree with others that the dash lacking an oil pressure gauge seems bare. They should have at least done the standard Mustang GT information gauges. All small items to pick at for an otherwise wonderful car. Definitely worth the wait.
Excellent! Enjoy, so jealous of u guys that got ur cars. Thanks for posting, it helps the anxiety
Old 3/20/11, 04:17 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by PTRocks
By the way, did you notice in the Road and Track video that the splitter bottomed out in the Corkscrew?
Didn't catch that. Springs seem too soft up front. I did see an LS in one of the videos nearly do a headstand under hard braking.
Old 3/20/11, 04:22 PM
FR500 Member

Didn't catch that. Springs seem too soft up front. I did see an LS in one of the videos nearly do a headstand under hard braking.
As the page loads, click on the video area until it plays, then hit '6' as many times as you want.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB1G-8J2Jag
Old 3/20/11, 04:27 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

The guy driving the YB Boss in the Inside Line video also bottomed the suspension hitting a pot hole at speed. Even thought the guy bottomed out at the bottom of the corkscrew at full tilt notice he stayed in complete control and the car didn't miss a beat.
Old 3/20/11, 04:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Jason, I was under the impression that there is an aux. Input behind the glove box. You could plug in your iPod there.
Old 3/20/11, 04:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by PTRocks
As the page loads, click on the video area until it plays, then hit '6' as many times as you want.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB1G-8J2Jag
If you lower it with stiffer springs you'd be less likely to bottom out. I'm not sure I'll add the front Laguna Seca splitter anyway. It's going to be almost impossible to get it on/off my trailer with it on and messing with 23 screws at the track doesn't sound like much fun. My GT500 is a full inch lower than the Boss up front and I've never bottomed it out at the track.

It's all speculation until we get some track experiences to go by. Based on the experiences we've heard from guys driving it on the street it's probably a little on the soft side for aggressive track driving, but we'll see I guess.
Old 3/20/11, 04:35 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by 4pipes
Jason, I was under the impression that there is an aux. Input behind the glove box. You could plug in your iPod there.
Yes there is. All you need is one of these. It's less than a buck!

Quick Reply: All of you that are taking delivery of their 1Q11 cars