Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

2013 Boss 302 ordered (Questions)

Search this Thread

Old 6/29/12, 11:10 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fishking
Dealer has a print out with order number and it shows "Locked" with a partial VIN and material hold show on their computer. It has been 7 weeks since order. They are trying to get more info
If it has a partial VIN right now, my guess would be that it will have a full VIN by Monday; but the order is legit, the car will get built. Otherwise the status would just continue to show "In Order Processing" and nothing else. The fact that it says "Material Hold" is a good thing, it's just waiting to be scheduled.

Get a copy of that print out and PM the info to Deysha (FordCustomerService) and she can help keep you updated on its status.

on edit:

After further thought, the completed VIN date is totally dependent upon when the allocation is scheduled.

Here is my example:

The dealer ordered it & received the VOC on April 10th

on May 11th it was "Unscheduled- Clean" & had a VIN

on May 24th it was "Scheduled to Week" (Week of June 11th)

on May 26th it was "Scheduled to Day" (June 11th)

on June 1st it was rescheduled to "Scheduled to Day" (June 16th)

on June 8th it was "Sent to Plant"

on June 13th it was "Body Shop" (day the body was "bucked")

on June 15th it was "Trim Line" (when it started down the line)

on June 16th it was "Produced" & "Released"

and now it still sits at Ramp 51 and we don't know when it will arrive at the dealership..........

But note that the dealer could have ordered this car in January and it still would not have changed any of these other dates; this is just when Ford planned to build the car that was going to this particular dealership.

Last edited by 66sprint200; 6/29/12 at 12:10 PM. Reason: added content
Old 6/29/12, 01:01 PM

66print200 is absolutely you have nothing to worry about. i placed my order with the dealer on sept 26 2011 for my 2013 boss 302 laguna seca he placed the order with ford when they started taking orders in january. the dealership said they would receive 2 laguna seca in total, but thats about all the information they had for awhile for me. in about feb i was told my car was a Q2 car but still no vin or production date. then i was told it was in material hold in the begining of april. april came and passed with nothing at that point i was sitting in your shoes getting worried that something was wrong or i was getting played for a fool. then came the day finally in late may when i got a vin and an idea for a production date, and it was smooth sailing from there everything went well and im now the proud owner of a 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca Car# 229
Old 6/29/12, 01:26 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by r5costella
66print200 is absolutely you have nothing to worry about. i placed my order with the dealer on sept 26 2011 for my 2013 boss 302 laguna seca he placed the order with ford when they started taking orders in january. the dealership said they would receive 2 laguna seca in total, but thats about all the information they had for awhile for me. in about feb i was told my car was a Q2 car but still no vin or production date. then i was told it was in material hold in the begining of april. april came and passed with nothing at that point i was sitting in your shoes getting worried that something was wrong or i was getting played for a fool. then came the day finally in late may when i got a vin and an idea for a production date, and it was smooth sailing from there everything went well and im now the proud owner of a 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca Car# 229

hehehe.......I didn't mention the fact that I had put my deposit down in December 2010............ They only had 1 LS allocation last year and davesvt2000 got it. I had to wait for this years allocation.........
Old 7/26/12, 09:14 AM

Called Ford Customer Service , got routed to Florida. Still shows Material hold and they cannot tell me why or give any other info
Old 7/26/12, 12:55 PM

Vehicle arrived at Dealer. Turns out they did a color swap at the factory with another dealer. Sticker shows it was sold to one dealer and shipped to my dealer which I am told is straight from the factory. 6.6 miles on vehicle. Have to check build date, forgot.