Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

2012 Sync refit

Search this Thread

Old 9/8/11, 09:05 AM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jouster
Thank you Jaclyn for visiting this site and helping move the possibility of a Sync retrofit along.
Cheers,
Jouster
Thanks, Jouster!

I'm happy to here, helping where I can

~Jaclyn
Old 10/3/11, 10:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bump....
Old 10/18/11, 12:39 PM

Any more developments on this? The ford story website seems to have tapped out...

http://www.thefordstory.com/your-ide...ence/boss-302/
Old 10/18/11, 07:27 PM
Bullitt Member

def going to try to put this in my boss
Old 10/19/11, 01:42 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Resolution78
Me too
Old 10/19/11, 06:46 AM
GT Member

If you want that kind of stuff on your car then why did you buy a Boss? They make the GT with sync so you can yack on your phone while driving. And then you can get an automatic so you can pay even less attention to driving.
Old 10/19/11, 07:17 AM

Yes indeed!!!! Count my vote as positive. I sure hope Ford listens to all of us, Sync is a great feature, it's a safety must have.
Old 10/19/11, 07:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by zwede
If you want that kind of stuff on your car then why did you buy a Boss? They make the GT with sync so you can yack on your phone while driving. And then you can get an automatic so you can pay even less attention to driving.
Thanks Lamont, some of us WANTED a Boss 302 and we can't afford a dedicated track car, and SYNC lets us do our yacking with the wife on the way home from work AND shift.
Old 10/19/11, 08:02 AM
Cobra R Member

Umm maybe because it takes Hrs on hrs to get to tracks and unlike some people my car sees road trips, So now ask why? Boss is made for road and track....
Mr.2 week forum person, pretty snippy with the attitude for being here 2 weeks.

Last edited by UnrealFord; 10/19/11 at 08:06 AM.
Old 10/19/11, 09:34 AM
GT Member

Attitude comes from being rear ended twice by people on their phones. If it was up to me any cell phone call while driving, hands-free or not, would be illegal.
Old 10/19/11, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Resolution78
Ive been watching on Ebay for an entire sync system (radio with cd player, face plate/screen with buttons, and usb hook up). They seem to be hard to find. The sellers dont know what they have, if its a 1000 or 500, or if its even a SYNC system etc.

I wonder how the wiring would be, if there was a difference between the connectors to the radio and hvac. I wish these SYNC shaker systems were easier to come by used so someone could do a trial installation on a non sync car.

If I can find a complete used system I will buy it just for the pioneering effort to see if its even possible.
Old 10/19/11, 09:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Then maybe you should say that, instead of saying instead of your snarky comment about buying an automatic GT.

I didn't rear end you, and I would like SYNC in my rig, it seems to work great in my wife's Raptor. It doesn't seem that hard to move my lips and talk while driving with it, so unless you want to outlaw talking and driving, your point is pure snark, and we have alscobra and GT500 guy for that- and those guys get to have sync.
Old 10/19/11, 09:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Wheelmanrob
Ive been watching on Ebay for an entire sync system (radio with cd player, face plate/screen with buttons, and usb hook up). They seem to be hard to find. The sellers dont know what they have, if its a 1000 or 500, or if its even a SYNC system etc.

I wonder how the wiring would be, if there was a difference between the connectors to the radio and hvac. I wish these SYNC shaker systems were easier to come by used so someone could do a trial installation on a non sync car.

If I can find a complete used system I will buy it just for the pioneering effort to see if its even possible.
I saw one a few months ago, but didn't do it because of this issue. I'll keep my eyes open.
Old 10/19/11, 11:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

http://www.scosche.com/car-audio/product/2255

This is going to give us alot more options.
Old 10/19/11, 06:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by dean_acheson
http://www.scosche.com/car-audio/product/2255

This is going to give us alot more options.
Electronics package....lol.
Old 10/20/11, 07:43 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
1.) I bought it because I WANTED it. The one thing missing that I wanted was SYNC. Love it in the Flex and my previous Mustangs. like the integration with my iPod as well. Line-in sucks.
2.) My work requirement is that I be "Hands Free" while driving. I've never had an accident while talking on the phone or even been involved in one that was of my doing.
3.) Had I wanted an automatic I would have bought a GT.
4.) Since your not making my car payment... nor would you be paying for this retro-kit installation.... why do you care?
Old 10/20/11, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
1.) I bought it because I WANTED it. The one thing missing that I wanted was SYNC. Love it in the Flex and my previous Mustangs. like the integration with my iPod as well. Line-in sucks.
2.) My work requirement is that I be "Hands Free" while driving. I've never had an accident while talking on the phone or even been involved in one that was of my doing.
3.) Had I wanted an automatic I would have bought a GT.
4.) Since your not making my car payment... nor would you be paying for this retro-kit installation.... why do you care?

I agree that line in sucks, if we can figure out a factory solution such as a sync retrofit I would be extremely happy.

It will probably be the only mod I do to my car. I think the rest of the car is perfect.
Old 10/20/11, 08:40 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Wheelmanrob

I agree that line in sucks, if we can figure out a factory solution such as a sync retrofit I would be extremely happy.

It will probably be the only mod I do to my car. I think the rest of the car is perfect.
I have a few mods in mind. I like the tiger racing hood and the LS rear spoiler. Throw on some rear window louvers and I'd be finished on cosmetics. Performance wise the Track key, DOT 4 brake fluid and maybe MGW shifter. otherwise... I'm good
Old 10/20/11, 08:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm planning on the Schoshe unit and installing my AVIC unit that I took out of my Bullitt which will give me hands free and work my Ipod.
Old 10/20/11, 09:02 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by dean_acheson
I'm planning on the Schoshe unit and installing my AVIC unit that I took out of my Bullitt which will give me hands free and work my Ipod.
I thought about that as well Dean... but I really don't like where the screen will be sitting. Too low in my opinion. I loved the OEM nav I had in my 2010 Grabber Blue. It was in the perfect location. that being said, I'm not looking for another nav unit, just SYNC with Blue-tooth steering wheel and iPod integration.

Quick Reply: 2012 Sync refit