Vendor Showcase Forum for Vendors to display their products and specials

Performance air intake for 2015 Mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 6/9/15, 05:44 AM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Performance air intake for 2015 Mustangs

Even though stock Mustang engines have pretty remarkable performance characteristics, aftermarket still has a couple of solutions to spice them up a little.
One of the most popular power add-ons is a performance air intake. The one we are about to discuss today is AEM® - Cold Air Intake System.

AEM® - Cold Air Intake System

- Estimated performance improvement: 12 HP @ 4500 RPM and 14 lb-ft of torque at the wheels
- developed to accommodate the engine’s factory emissions control devices including the mass air flow sensor and vacuum/breather tubes.

- The air filter is located in the original air box space and is protected by a heat shield which is designed to reduce intake air temperature and increase horsepower.

- AEM Dryflow air filter is made from an oil-free, synthetic filter media that can be used for up to 100,000 miles before cleaning is needed (depending on driving conditions).

- Installation instructions are available here.

* Not legal for sale or use in California

AEM air intakes are also available for Base, EcoBoost and EcoBoost Premium models Providing the same +12 HP performance increase!

These are in stock as of right now, inquire for the price quotes in the comments below! Don't forget to include your shipping zip!

What are your thoughts about this intake?
Old 6/25/15, 08:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
Not to sure about what my thoughts are on the intake mentioned, as I haven't reviewed one yet, but would love to test a few before I would "give an opinion" on a product, I have made purchases from carid before so I know that the customer support is great and easy to deal with, even if there were order issues/mix up
Old 6/26/15, 01:49 AM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
thanks for your feedback! We already sold a couple of these. According to the feedbacks it's sound and power output are on the highest level They are still good in stock + we have similar models for all older Mustang Models. Let me know if you're interested.
Old 6/26/15, 10:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

I am curious to get a hold of one and review it and test it out and compair it with a few others like K&N and other various ones out there and really post feed back of these things!

Yes I under stand all the "performance" intakes claim "more power" and things like that, but I am a show me type guy, and I like to take my bone stock car and use it to compare the different "power gains" (if any) using the good ol fashioned dyno and a tune that takes into account the extra air flow provided by these things!!

Last edited by Jim74656; 6/26/15 at 10:05 AM.
Old 6/26/15, 10:09 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Buy a K&N drop in and you will have the best airflow you can get. There are tones of reviews and other data to suggest keep the Stock intake. Most data had the car with the Hood open and on a Dyno. The stock intake gets its air from the fender adn colder areas of the front end not he engine bay. My track Key came with a K&N drop in.
Old 6/26/15, 02:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

umderstood, and thats why I don't believe any charts until I see them my self as I am aware mosts tests are with hood open, not closed as it should be