Notices
'10-14 Steeda Mustangs

Something to hold us over?

Search this Thread

Old 4/26/10, 04:56 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Something to hold us over?

Hey Gus, you guys got anything to hold us over while we wait for steeda to sell the front bumper from the 2010 Q550? Pics, pre-production pics, info, anything? Does Steeda have any plans for 2011?

Throw us a bone here man
Old 4/27/10, 01:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wanted to post the same thing yesterday, but I got distracted. So whats up guys?
I'd like to know if I can get a race wing painted and installed on my '11 sometime early June. I'm also going to need a CAI and a tune, and maybe lowered.
Old 4/30/10, 02:39 PM
Cobra Member

I dont have too many new pictures right now. The production pieces are going to be a little different from the prototypes.

Here is a picture of a prototype piece.

Now I personally have not seen a production piece, so don't hold me to this But if you look at the above picture, the brake ducts at the bottom of the prototype are ad on separate pieces. For the production piece we are supposed to be molding them as part of the lower bumper.

Making this change required a whole new mold which has been the biggest delay to release since we basically had to start over with new tooling.

Current ETA for release is end of May to beginning of June
Old 4/30/10, 02:48 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Big Poppa
I wanted to post the same thing yesterday, but I got distracted. So whats up guys?
I'd like to know if I can get a race wing painted and installed on my '11 sometime early June. I'm also going to need a CAI and a tune, and maybe lowered.

We never did release a race wing for 10+, the decklid is different from 05-09 and the 05-09 wing wont work. We ended up using the 3DCarbon ducktail on our cars for the time being.

As far as cold air and tune, should not be a problem by sometime in June as long as SCT tuning support comes online on time. We have been working diligently on the 5.0 and 3.7L V6 applications for the cold airs themselves.

Here are a few teasers for you...

Old 5/1/10, 02:16 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
thanks for the teasers gus!
Old 5/1/10, 07:49 AM
Cobra Member

good stuff!!

What wheels are on that black car with the G-trak on it? Man that looks AWESOME!!!
Old 5/2/10, 07:27 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by SteedaGus
We never did release a race wing for 10+, the decklid is different from 05-09 and the 05-09 wing wont work. We ended up using the 3DCarbon ducktail on our cars for the time being.
Thats too bad about the wing, I was really looking forward to it. I guess I'll have to settle for the ducktail or go wingless for the time being.

As far as cold air and tune, should not be a problem by sometime in June as long as SCT tuning support comes online on time. We have been working diligently on the 5.0 and 3.7L V6 applications for the cold airs themselves.
I was pretty happy with the canned tune I got from you guys for my '05 but this time I was hoping to get a full blown dyno tune. I'm planning to ship the car to Europe not long after I get it, but I'll consider letting you guys have it for a month or so for a test bed for a reasonable consideration.
Old 5/3/10, 09:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Will there be any changes to the suspension parts? I'm thinking about throwing the whole Steeda catalog at it, will there be any new springs and shocks to take notice of?
Old 5/4/10, 09:36 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by todd03blown
good stuff!!

What wheels are on that black car with the G-trak on it? Man that looks AWESOME!!!
The wheels on that car are custom made HRE Monoblok P40 wheels. Awesome wheels. We have access to Fikse, HRE, and Forgeline wheels so we can do custom wheels for customers that ask for it such as the owner of the black car shown in the picture.
Old 5/4/10, 09:38 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by ferrarimanf355
Will there be any changes to the suspension parts? I'm thinking about throwing the whole Steeda catalog at it, will there be any new springs and shocks to take notice of?
The CAD data we have on the vehicle indicates no major suspension changes. All our current suspension parts will fit, including springs.
Old 5/4/10, 10:51 AM
Cobra R Member

the stock CAI box that was in the 2010 GT is the same as the 2011 GT, right? Will you then be using the same setup? Just different hoses/inlets...

Can't wait to see.

BTW awesome work with the 2010 CAI, fit & finish and performance boost is superb.
Old 5/4/10, 12:21 PM
Bullitt Member

The CAD data we have on the vehicle indicates no major suspension changes. All our current suspension parts will fit, including springs.
Okay, I'm filling up a Summit Racing whishlist as we speak. For the coil-over kit, what springs do you recommend for street driving?

And could you guys put a wishlist up on the main Steeda site? You have a wishlist for the Focus site... why not the main Mustang site?
Old 5/4/10, 02:29 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gus, can you comment on the bumper and what the cost might be? Also, will the bumper include the brake cooling kit or will you offer that as a separate item?
Old 5/4/10, 04:22 PM
Cobra Member

The wheels on that car are custom made HRE Monoblok P40 wheels. Awesome wheels. We have access to Fikse, HRE, and Forgeline wheels so we can do custom wheels for customers that ask for it such as the owner of the black car shown in the picture.
That is great. Man those wheels look amazing on the black car. Would you be able to share a side shot of that car at this time
Old 5/5/10, 09:53 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2010MustangGT
the stock CAI box that was in the 2010 GT is the same as the 2011 GT, right? Will you then be using the same setup? Just different hoses/inlets...

Can't wait to see.

BTW awesome work with the 2010 CAI, fit & finish and performance boost is superb.
Thanks for the CAI feedback!!

Ford did use the same MAF size on the airbox for 2010 GT as they did in 2011 5.0L GT. Its interesting that it seems they were preparing for the 5.0L all along with this intake box.

It is also encouraging because it may potentially mean that there is room for improvement over the stock airbox for cold air intake design. We managed to squeeze as much as 20hp in the midrange on the 2010 GT over an already well optimized intake box from the factory. The fact Ford is squeezing nearly 100hp more from the same intake box could possibly mean there is even more room for improvement which will be great news for enthusiasts.

We only hope that this theory turns out to be true after real world testing.
Old 5/5/10, 09:56 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by ferrarimanf355
Okay, I'm filling up a Summit Racing whishlist as we speak. For the coil-over kit, what springs do you recommend for street driving?

And could you guys put a wishlist up on the main Steeda site? You have a wishlist for the Focus site... why not the main Mustang site?
The Mustang site is on a different shopping cart than the rest of our sites so it does not support those features.

We just recently started building a site on a new shopping cart, but we just started and with thousands of pages, part numbers, testing, etc it will probably be sometime in the fall before we have a new site with new features running.

On the spring rates for the adjustable suspension, I would suggest 225lb front and 200lb rear.
Old 5/5/10, 10:41 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
Gus, can you comment on the bumper and what the cost might be? Also, will the bumper include the brake cooling kit or will you offer that as a separate item?
Final cost on the bumper is expected to fall between 649 and 699. As far as attaching a cooling kit to the built in ducts, that will be separate hardware.
Old 5/5/10, 10:44 AM
Cobra Member

That is great. Man those wheels look amazing on the black car. Would you be able to share a side shot of that car at this time
I'll see what we have.....
Old 5/5/10, 11:18 AM
Cobra Member

I'll see what we have.....
Thanks again!!
Old 5/5/10, 12:13 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks again!!