2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

What is the best aftermarket license plate holder for a 2015 mustang GT?

Search this Thread

Old 3/6/15, 06:17 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excellent pictures, guys. Your ride and the plate mounting do look excellent, hschade!

But I just ordered the Craig's bracket for mine. I like the center (higher) placement. I am going to pester the heck out of the dealer in hopes he doesn't forget and mount his clunky bracket, which will leave me holes.

Beautiful job on yours, too, Tony, and I love that 50yrs holder. I think I will copy you on that!
Old 3/6/15, 06:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Salguod
But I just ordered the Craig's bracket for mine. I like the center (higher) placement. I am going to pester the heck out of the dealer in hopes he doesn't forget and mount his clunky bracket, which will leave me holes.
Pestering is probably a good thing. I was fortunate to have the salesperson intercept the prep folks to get them to NOT do this.

Beautiful job on yours, too, Tony, and I love that 50yrs holder. I think I will copy you on that!
I copied off someone else
Old 4/21/15, 01:17 PM
V6 Member

Does anyone know if the sto and sho works with the adaptive cruise control?

The sensor is supposed to be on the bottom...would the sto and show licenseplate block the sensor?
Old 4/23/15, 10:38 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi, all. Noticed thread and had a question. Sorry to be late-arriving. If the vehicle is being delivered to a state that requires a front plate, is the bracket installed by the factory? Or does the dealer install as part of prep?

I had assumed the latter and told my dealer to not install the bracket (when the car is delivered). I like the concept of the sho n sto, but I really have a hard time with smacking those concrete barriers that fit just under my older mustangs plastic bumper and s-c-r-a-p-i-n-g back out after I realize it. If I did that, I think I would ram the sho n sto right through the baffle. I don't trust myself on that. So I think I would choose the Craig's unit. Thanks for the good descriptions and pics.
I live in a "front plate state", and I told the dealer when I ordered the car- if you mount the front plate, "I WILL NOT ACCEPT DELIVERY", and I made him write it on the order. It's funny how that get's them to do what you ask.
Old 7/3/15, 08:19 AM

So has anyone had a problem with the Craig's bracket falling off? I saw on youtube how the tape can hold 41 pounds but I'm still worried about it going through a car wash.
Old 7/3/15, 09:59 AM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Get a Sto N Sho. Then you won't have to worry about the tape coming off. Mine works great on my GT Premium.
Old 7/3/15, 12:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Tangofoxtrot5
So has anyone had a problem with the Craig's bracket falling off? I saw on youtube how the tape can hold 41 pounds but I'm still worried about it going through a car wash.
I'd recommend taking the plate off if you are going to run it through an automated car wash. That said, if you hand wash and squirt the plate with a stream, nothing will happen. I've had mine through winter driving with salted roads with no issue.

The only time I had a problem was early on when I applied it during cooler temperatures and the tape delaminated from the base. There was a running change made (use of adhesion promoter) to ensure the tape didn't separate.

While the Sto-and-Go is a solid competing product, I don't like mounting the plate that low, nor drilling into the car (which I know some have avoided by choosing to not use a third attachment point).

Last edited by Tony Alonso; 7/3/15 at 12:27 PM.
Old 7/5/15, 09:27 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Tangofoxtrot5
I have had mine on for several months without any problem. I do recommend you remove the plate before going to the car wash. I take mine off and leave it in the car. I am a little ****, so I always wax the front after a wash, since the bugs love to commit suicide on my front end. I also have driven 3000 Miles at 80 mph, in heavy winds and rain, on I-90, without a problem.

Just follow the instructions for installation. I cleaned the mounting area twice with alcohol to remove wax and grease that may have been on the paint. I also heated the car and the tape with a hairdryer before installing the bracket.
Old 7/6/15, 10:03 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Kay5Oh
Does anyone know if the sto and sho works with the adaptive cruise control?

The sensor is supposed to be on the bottom...would the sto and show licenseplate block the sensor?

I have the adaptive cruise, and the sto and show does NOT effect it at all.

The only issue I have had w/ the sto and show is occasionally at the automated car wash the top corners get bowed out a touch. Nothing that a little push on the corner of the plate does not fix.
Old 7/11/15, 02:17 PM

Anyone know how long Craig's takes to ship once you place an order? I just got my plates today so I bought one. Probably shouldn't have waited so long, lol
Old 7/11/15, 07:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by suckerv
Anyone know how long Craig's takes to ship once you place an order? I just got my plates today so I bought one. Probably shouldn't have waited so long, lol
I received mine within 3 days.
Old 7/11/15, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
I received mine within 3 days.
Excellent, thanks!
Old 4/5/16, 01:04 PM

He Everyone,
I got a lots of valuable information from the thread. Not sure still which route to take Craigs or sto n sho, because i am in Toronto and lots of snow on the drive way, street and road.....and yes i intend to drive all year...so the mention of scrapping above, does it affect the plate or the bracket.
My plate is custom, so do not want to ruin it....any thoughts?
Old 4/6/16, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by shezi
He Everyone, I got a lots of valuable information from the thread. Not sure still which route to take Craigs or sto n sho, because i am in Toronto and lots of snow on the drive way, street and road.....and yes i intend to drive all year...so the mention of scrapping above, does it affect the plate or the bracket. My plate is custom, so do not want to ruin it....any thoughts?
I love my Sto N Show. It affects the plate, not the bracket. My plate sticks out below the bracket 1/4 to 1/2 inch. I really appreciate that I hear a little scrape of the plate as I slowly touch a high curb when pulling into a parking space before I do any damage to anything else. Plate has gotten a little beat up underneath, but much better than my car.

If you install center, you may have to tweak a little to get it level.
Old 5/6/16, 10:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know this thread is a little old but I was wondering if anyone had any Pics of the Craigs bracket with the plate removed???

So Say you pull up to the car show, take your plate off. Is the Stud and such noticiable? Does it hang down far?

I would really appreciate it. The Sto-n-sho is nice however I have a performance pack...and I hate how it bends the Air diffuser back....looks cheap to me IMO. just on the PP cars.
The following users liked this post:
shezi (5/6/16)
Old 4/6/17, 03:08 AM

http://rxcustomproduct.com/services
The sketches display my design, but lacking a motor vehicle I am yet to manufacture.
I appreciate greatly any information that could assist with the fabrication :-)
My 2017 GT is expected to arrive around September this year, so I am getting an early start on this design.
My thoughts are, to utilise existing holes/fixings to attach the bracket to the underside of the front air dam?
I look forward to information that hopefully is forth coming
"astangatlast"
Old 4/6/17, 08:26 AM

Hi "astangatlast"
looked at the diagram of the plate. Seems ok to me. After installing a Stow n Show, i felt that there is a need for something that is more sturdy and can take the impact of rubbing against the side walk or any bumps on the road since mine has got scratched quite a few times as it sits quite low at the front.

I would be happy to see something that sit a bit high on the bumper, not that i intend to scrap the bumper, but want it to show as a show piece since the first thing that catches the eyes (sure after the make and model of your car) is the plate...so if you could work on these lines that would be ideal.....again its my thought
Old 4/6/17, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by shezi
Hi "astangatlast"
looked at the diagram of the plate. Seems ok to me. After installing a Stow n Show, i felt that there is a need for something that is more sturdy and can take the impact of rubbing against the side walk or any bumps on the road since mine has got scratched quite a few times as it sits quite low at the front.

I would be happy to see something that sit a bit high on the bumper, not that i intend to scrap the bumper, but want it to show as a show piece since the first thing that catches the eyes (sure after the make and model of your car) is the plate...so if you could work on these lines that would be ideal.....again its my thought
G"day Mate,
thanks for reading and your thoughts.
This leads me to think that a hanging bracket, from under the front bumper, with the liicense plate tilting back on bottom edge in a similar situation as my first design
Is there sufficient solid support on the inside underside of the front bumper?
astangatlast
Old 4/7/17, 07:42 AM

Water Repellent for the Hood

Hi Guys,
For some odd reasons, its been raining a lot in the last few days in Toronto and surrounding areas. I am not sure my Convertible is able to withstand the onslaught of the downpour.

Started reading about some Rain Repellent for the hood.

did someone had an experience of using such thing on the brand new vehicles, since mine is just a few months new and not sure its treated at the factory level with some sort of water repellent.

Any thoughts?????????
Old 4/11/17, 09:53 PM

Water repellent

http://www.protectmeproducts.com.au/?gclid=CjwKEAjw_bHHBRD4qbKukMiVgU0SJADr08ZZxrpfMjX qRuFadrhpAy21-DhnT5BjuznYjtHzHs0a0RoCZ6Tw_wcB

found this which might help with your convertible
​​​​​

Quick Reply: What is the best aftermarket license plate holder for a 2015 mustang GT?