2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

What benefit is a GT premium over a GT?

Search this Thread

Old 7/8/14, 12:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What benefit is a GT premium over a GT?

For the price difference I really don't see much reason to go with the Premium?

leather? meh.
Nav? I can use my external one or phone
Can't get the 20" rims? Can always get better aftermarkets.

Still have access to the performance package.

I was pricing it out and I can get what I need for about 4k less than the premium
Old 7/8/14, 12:43 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
I agree with you unless the the premium package follows with the words "California Special."
Old 7/8/14, 12:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Getportfolio
I agree with you unless the the premium package follows with the words "California Special."
Agreed. I wouldn't be crazy for the Premium package unless it meant I couldn't have my CS package as well
Old 7/8/14, 01:12 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm a sucker for cool lighting so the ambient lighting stuff is ****-near mandatory. I wish that feature was something I could add piecemeal.
Old 7/8/14, 01:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Ohh, and the base steering wheel sucksss!
Old 7/8/14, 01:26 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
The Premium adds the leather of course, Shaker 500W, power seats, cruise, LCD display w/track apps, different interior trim, etc. On the convert premium it upgrades the top from vinyl to cloth. In '13 the Premium added the strut brace, not sure if the strut brace was available on the '14 base.

Nav is not included...that's part of the electronics package.

I've noticed (and this is just a generalization) that many owners who select the base GT tend to race their Mustangs and weight is a factor in that regard.

My '14 is a GT Premium Convertible and I use it as a cruiser....a black, beautiful, powerful and wicked cruiser!!!

Tom
Old 7/8/14, 01:32 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
The Premium adds the leather of course, Shaker 500W, power seats, cruise, LCD display w/track apps, different interior trim, etc. On the convert premium it upgrades the top from vinyl to cloth. In '13 the Premium added the strut brace, not sure if the strut brace was available on the '14 base.

I've noticed (and this is just a generalization) that many owners who select the base GT tend to race their Mustangs and weight is a factor in that regard.

My '14 is a GT Premium Convertible and I use it as a cruiser....a black, beautiful, powerful and wicked cruiser!!!

Tom
Old 7/8/14, 01:38 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
The Premium adds the leather of course, Shaker 500W, power seats, cruise, LCD display w/track apps, different interior trim, etc. On the convert premium it upgrades the top from vinyl to cloth. In '13 the Premium added the strut brace, not sure if the strut brace was available on the '14 base. Nav is not included...that's part of the electronics package. I've noticed (and this is just a generalization) that many owners who select the base GT tend to race their Mustangs and weight is a factor in that regard. My '14 is a GT Premium Convertible and I use it as a cruiser....a black, beautiful, powerful and wicked cruiser!!! Tom
Just a quick correction. Premium adds a power drivers seat. You need to get the comfort pkg to get the passenger seat power as well.
Old 7/8/14, 02:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Tom
looking at the Ford Build site for the 2015, the GT with package 300A, the only you can get has standard

6 way power driver and passenger seats
I don't see either the GT or GT premium listing Cruise or LCD w/Track apps
I don't see how a $32k car doesn't have cruise control.

And I could care less about the stereo I want to hear the engine!
Old 7/8/14, 03:13 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
Somehow I just knew you would Darren!!!

Tom
Old 7/8/14, 03:15 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by typesredline
Just a quick correction. Premium adds a power drivers seat. You need to get the comfort pkg to get the passenger seat power as well.
Yes, I stand corrected. I think it's the comfort package that also has the Pony Projection Lamps too.

Tom
Old 7/8/14, 05:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Guys I don't know where you are getting this, but here are screen caps from Ford.com under the build + price for a 2015 GT package 300A

it has power driver and passenger seats, cloth, has the pony projection lights.
Attached Thumbnails What benefit is a GT premium over a GT?-capture1.jpg   What benefit is a GT premium over a GT?-capture2.jpg   What benefit is a GT premium over a GT?-capture3.jpg   What benefit is a GT premium over a GT?-capture4.jpg  
Old 7/8/14, 06:08 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Grifftech
Guys I don't know where you are getting this, but here are screen caps from Ford.com under the build + price for a 2015 GT package 300A

it has power driver and passenger seats, cloth, has the pony projection lights.
Sounds like they are confusing 2014 specs for 2015 specs
Old 7/8/14, 06:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
Sounds like they are confusing 2014 specs for 2015 specs
Was kind of thinking that.
Old 7/8/14, 07:53 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Yep. We were all referring to the 2013/14. I had kinda thought you meant 2015 but I went with the flow. Lol.

From what I've seen even the base gt is pretty loaded compared to the 13/14. I had to get the comfort, back up cam, premium etc to get std stuff on the new gt. So that being said, even a base is pretty stout. And even the 401a now instead of interior upgrade gives shaker pro and other cool things. I also like that packages are now more consistent. Both Eco and gt get performance pack options as opposed to brembo pkg or track pk and stuff. It's a cleaner line up for sure.
Old 7/8/14, 09:17 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
The reason for the backup camera being standard is that it's going to be mandatory on new cars by 2018, so they're getting a head start. I was also surprised that a lot of the "premium" features from the 2014s are now standard (like the full power seats).
Old 7/8/14, 09:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mustangfan410
The reason for the backup camera being standard is that it's going to be mandatory on new cars by 2018, so they're getting a head start. I was also surprised that a lot of the "premium" features from the 2014s are now standard (like the full power seats).
Yeh same here. Once I started comparing features and the price difference I was like "why the hell spend all that extra for the premium!"

Makes getting the 15 that much more affordable.

If I ever need nav I can use my phone or our external garmin we have had.

I think the first thing going on mine will be Magnaflow Competition Axle Backs!
Old 7/8/14, 09:23 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Grifftech
Yeh same here. Once I started comparing features and the price difference I was like "why the hell spend all that extra for the premium!" Makes getting the 15 that much more affordable. If I ever need nav I can use my phone or our external garmin we have had. I think the first thing going on mine will be Magnaflow Competition Axle Backs!
Ehhhh... Borla S :-) :-)
Old 7/8/14, 11:06 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
One of the most important features of why I went with the premium is the extra rebate on the premium only. Not to mention all the extra Track apps better interior leather ....
Old 7/9/14, 08:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Jazzman442
One of the most important features of why I went with the premium is the extra rebate on the premium only. Not to mention all the extra Track apps better interior leather ....
Are you talking about the 2015? I wouldn't expect any rebates on the new model year?

Quick Reply: What benefit is a GT premium over a GT?