Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
I just love it
Old 3/6/15, 08:46 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Garbone
Well said^^^.
The original post was over a year ago, and we are seeing quite a few new '15's on the street now, so all of those who didn't like it, has seeing it in person, and on the street made any difference in your opinion?

The first thing my mom said is "it looks way meaner than your red one".

The red one was a lowered New Edge, with huge tires, and a Kenne Bell SC, and looked ready to eat a Camaro or 2.

C'mon all those who didn't like them, speak up...you are among friends here...we are all Mustang lovers, after all.
ok, here's my 2 cents. I think the 2015 Mustang GT is a work of art. It's a very attractive looking car, with an awesome interior, and apparently some great suspension improvements. However, as with any piece of art, the beauty is subjective. I see them on the streets, and i notice them but i don't yet want one. I feel the same about the 05-09, but would actually consider getting one of those. For me it's just the looks I don't like. For those who say it has looks similar to models way back when...that doesn't mean anything to me. The '13 spoke to me and i got one. I have improved the suspension and the output to a point that I thoroughly enjoy, with huge smiles, goosebumps and plenty of "HOLY SH*T" moments The '15 is beautiful to me but not stunning.

Originally Posted by Rod181
All I Know is that every where I go everyone looks at my 2015 and asks questions about it. hell some people think I'm driving a more expensive car and are surprised that it is a mustang.
Oddly enough my '13 gathers a crowd almost everywhere I go. Some one beside me in traffic regularly has something to say, like 'that's the sickest mustang i've ever seen'. I bought my base premium as a canvas to create my own work. So far I haven't had to spend a whole lot to get the car i dream of

Finally, I welcome every mustang old and new and would happily park beside a '15 at any car show. I'd be all over it, but mine would not be lost in it's shadow.
Old 3/6/15, 10:04 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is soooo true! Im at the point to were it is getting old being mobbed over my car. Dont get me wrong im gratefull for the complements but it does get old when you just run to the store for something and when you come out theres a crowd around your car asking a million questions! Or people snaping pics of your car, that one bugs me as i am a recluse by nature.

Last edited by Astenax; 3/6/15 at 10:07 AM.
Old 3/6/15, 10:14 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
I get compliments on my '13 GT convertible on a regular basis. I was surprised when I bought it because I figured Mustangs were common enough that only other Mustang owners would notice.

Driving the Corvair is like driving a one-car car show. Questions wherever I go and 99% the time the comments are positive.
Old 3/6/15, 10:55 AM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
I saw one in the LeMay museum in Tacoma a couple of months back. There were things I liked about and others I didn't care for. This was just looking at the exterior. I am not a hater by any means and I hope Ford sells a ton of them, but I like my 2014 better.
Old 3/8/15, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There really is no pleasing some people, good lord. My little ole 2015 V6 gets great comments in my workplace parking lot daily.
Old 3/8/15, 11:51 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by AUBStang
There really is no pleasing some people, good lord. My little ole 2015 V6 gets great comments in my workplace parking lot daily.

As you should
Mustangs are gorgeous
Old 3/8/15, 01:19 PM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I am a Mopar guy but when I saw the 15 Mustang in person I had to have one. I purchased an Ecoboost Premium with Nav and Performance Package in Competion Orange.

I have people pulling up beside me giving me thumbs up as often as I get them in my 68 Barracuda. As the 15 becomes more common I expect the attention to subside but at this time it's been all positive.

Name:  ForumRunner_20150308_151901.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  22.9 KB
Old 3/8/15, 04:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Great color
Old 3/9/15, 07:10 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I took a good long look around, and inside a new '15 GT PP today. Why? I'm curious, and I love Mustangs. I still love my '12 GT, but am curious about the '15.

Well, I still can't warm up to the exterior. It's okay, not exceptional, and not boasting singular identity as a Mustang. It blends a little too well into the sea of Fusions, Toyotas and others with squinty eyes. That's really too bad, because you could always pick out a Mustang at a glance and from far away. The gloss black panel between the taillights is cheap. The stance is good. The gloss black wheels on the PP are not good.

One thing that stood out to me was fit and finish. The body panel gaps are not consistent (on one car or even car-to-car), and painted plastic bumper wraps and the like don't mate up flush with the metal body panels.

The interior on the base is better than the premium, as I think the premium is too blingy. The *****, etc seem cheap. Even the turned metal dash panel seemed a bit cheesy. The view over the hood is missing the power hump of Gen 5 cars.

I did not drive the car, so that may change everything. For me to consider a move out of my '12 GT, I think Ford will have to improve the fit/finish...and the '15 or '16 GT (or...GT350) will have to be miles ahead of my (upgraded) '12 performance.

All of that said, I believe the new stang will appeal to the masses. I just hope that Ford improves them in future years.

Just my opinion.
Old 3/10/15, 10:49 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1 year is a model design tweak. Things may be different then. I like certain aspects of the interior. I like the grill of the exterior. I don't like the front lights or the back lights. The front lights look like a 99-04 mustang, the back lights just look cheap to me.

I will tell you this. My wife can't pick it out of a crowd, and even I have a hard time noticing it on the road. It just doesn't stand out. It is extremely low key from the front.

I think they deviated too far from home for this design, and that hasn't changed since I first saw it.

I can spot a 13/14 from a good long ways away. And when I first saw the 13's I thought they made the headlights look like eyes that were crossed, but I grew to like them. My 2014 is the closest I can come to "loving" a "thing".

I just feel the 2015 Mustang design is a side step in too many ways. Both in design and performance. Much like the Mustang 2's were a step back in the 70's. I feel like Ford compromised the design because they were afraid nobody in Europe would buy it if they left it the way it was on the outside and focused on refinement and upgrades, and that's a shame since it is a wider car and their roads in Europe are very tight in many places.

Last edited by CriticalmassGT; 3/10/15 at 10:55 AM.
Old 3/11/15, 09:49 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,227 Likes on 1,780 Posts
Definitely love Ruby Red as my first choice followed by DIB
Old 3/12/15, 12:19 PM

I personally love the car. Since the reveal it's the mustang I've been waiting for and being the first new car for me to buy it's pretty **** awesome it's just waiting that I have to deal with I got an eta of 20 days till it arrives. Call it a fusion all you like I won't care cause it'll be the taillights you are looking at
Old 3/12/15, 02:17 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by Noblesteed
I personally love the car. Since the reveal it's the mustang I've been waiting for and being the first new car for me to buy it's pretty **** awesome it's just waiting that I have to deal with I got an eta of 20 days till it arrives. Call it a fusion all you like I won't care cause it'll be the taillights you are looking at
First of all, welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Mustang!

Second of all, there are threads here discussing this, as well as videos showing that the 11-14s are actually faster in a straight line, so get used the the tail lights of the S197s.
Old 3/12/15, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
First of all, welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Mustang!

Second of all, there are threads here discussing this, as well as videos showing that the 11-14s are actually faster in a straight line, so get used the the tail lights of the S197s.
Haha yeah I know this but the new interior and the handling are far better but as far as I know the 2015 picks up power much better with a few bolt ons and once you fix the wheel hop the 11-14s shouldn't be a problem
Old 3/12/15, 04:21 PM

Haha yeah I know this but the new interior and the handling are far better but as far as I know the 2015 picks up power much better with a few bolt ons and once you fix the wheel hop the 11-14s shouldn't be a problem
There's no denying the new interior and handling are definite improvements indeed however to claim the 2015 is far better over the 11-14's is just another fine example of placebo affect lol.

With just a few bolt on's such as LCA's, strut/shocks or coilovers.. The 11-14's will handle just as well as the 2015's

With that being said ! Welcome to TMS

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 3/12/15 at 04:29 PM.
Old 3/12/15, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
There's no denying the new interior and handling are definite improvements indeed however to claim the 2015 is far better over the 11-14's is just another fine example of placebo affect lol.

With just a few bolt on's such as LCA's, strut/shocks or coilovers.. The 11-14's will handle just as well as the 2015's
What can I say I'm a fan boy of the design XD
Old 3/12/15, 04:36 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Unless the other car is equally modded. I'm sure the S550 will catch up with a few mods. And I'm sure it will respond better to power adders too, so it would be interesting to see blows versions of both cars go at it at the strip.

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT

I'm really hoping to run into a stock S550 at the track this summer. I have no power adders on mine, and stock suspension and I'd love to see the time difference between my car and a S550 at Grattan or Gingerman raceways.
Old 3/12/15, 04:38 PM

What can I say I'm a fan boy of the design XD
Nothing wrong with that at all As were all fanboys of the Ford Mustang..
Old 3/12/15, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
Unless the other car is equally modded. I'm sure the S550 will catch up with a few mods. And I'm sure it will respond better to power adders too, so it would be interesting to see blows versions of both cars go at it at the strip.

I'm really hoping to run into a stock S550 at the track this summer. I have no power adders on mine, and stock suspension and I'd love to see the time difference between my car and a S550 at Grattan or Gingerman raceways.
I'll be very interested in seeing the time differences between the S550 and S-197 myself as well

Quick Reply: Those of you who dislike/hate the 2015