2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Reuters: Sneak Peek week of 10/21, unveil in December

Search this Thread

Old 11/16/13, 11:57 AM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,173 Likes on 1,750 Posts
Originally Posted by Ethanjbeau
We've learned not to trust anything dealerships say.
The info which I posted was obtained by the dealership's Ford representative in Detroit in which the sales rep/financial loan officer who I know works there spoke with him about this.. So again, I'm just going by what was provided to him !
Old 11/16/13, 12:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ditto for district reps.
Old 11/16/13, 09:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
What I posted was info I received from my local Ford dealership's rep and that due to production of the upcoming S550 being delayed until at least July now.. The current 2014 production run has been extended and will not be ending until this upcoming March/April.. So as a direct result that is the reasoning behind the current 2014 being carried over and supposedly will be designated as a special limited edition 2014.5..
I don't doubt that production might be delayed and I am glad they would take that precaution rather than produce a subpar product. However I don't see how they would change their plans for the limited run 2014.5 SE that has already been reported to be on the new platform:

"Mustangs Daily now reports that the new Stang will, indeed, be launched as a 2014.5—or at least the first 1000 examples, which also reportedly will be 50th Anniversary editions, will be.

The new Mustang will make use of the S550-designated platform and the long-promised independent rear suspension..."
Old 11/17/13, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Fords4Ever
I don't doubt that production might be delayed and I am glad they would take that precaution rather than produce a subpar product. However I don't see how they would change their plans for the limited run 2014.5 SE that has already been reported to be on the new platform:

"Mustangs Daily now reports that the new Stang will, indeed, be launched as a 2014.5—or at least the first 1000 examples, which also reportedly will be 50th Anniversary editions, will be.

The new Mustang will make use of the S550-designated platform and the long-promised independent rear suspension..."
I honestly don't know how credible Mustang Daily is.. But I have learned to only take what certain websites and magazine articles claim with a grain of salt..

And now that we know the new Stang won't be arriving until at least July thanks to the production delay timing.. Chances are we're going to end up having to wait until April/2014 at NYIAS before the new S550 is even introduced to the public..

At any rate, I hope what Mustang Daily reported is credible and perhaps accurate, however I'll take the word of an actual Ford representative over some magazine article any day..
Old 11/17/13, 04:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Chances are we're going to end up having to wait until April/2014 at NYIAS before the new S550 is even introduced to the public..
I think it will be much earlier. I deduce this from the fact that a) there are prototypes running around (heck, I saw one in August at a Mustang Alley event), b) various and sundry posts on different forums have suggested a media event that happened not long ago (based on past history, these seemed to occur about 2 months ahead of publication dates), and c) the 2005 was shown at the Detroit Auto Show in January of 2004.

If one believes the reports about some media event in early December, it seems we'll be seeing something even sooner.
Old 11/17/13, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
I think it will be much earlier. I deduce this from the fact that a) there are prototypes running around (heck, I saw one in August at a Mustang Alley event), b) various and sundry posts on different forums have suggested a media event that happened not long ago (based on past history, these seemed to occur about 2 months ahead of publication dates), and c) the 2005 was shown at the Detroit Auto Show in January of 2004.

If one believes the reports about some media event in early December, it seems we'll be seeing something even sooner.
I hope that It will be much sooner, however I have my doubts for three reasons a) when the 2005 was introduced in Detroit at NAIAS in January of 2004 this was not the 50th anniversary for the Mustang..

This time around is and for that reason, Ford will more than likely introduce the upcoming 15MY just as they did when the original 65 Mustang was first introduced to the public at the New York State Worlds Fair on April 17th of 1964..

The upcoming NYIAS falls exactly on the 50th anniversary so I just can't see Ford introducing the all new S550 Mustang before then, if they intend to stay true to the original anniversary date.. b) There is also a 3 month delay for going into production as the very first S550 models aren't even expected to arrive in dealerships until this upcoming July as a direct result and c) are those media events that were reported to take place next month really accurate and were they released by Ford ?

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 11/17/13 at 05:31 PM.
Old 11/17/13, 09:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I hope that It will be much sooner, however I have my doubts for three reasons a) when the 2005 was introduced in Detroit at NAIAS in January of 2004 this was not the 50th anniversary for the Mustang..
No, but it was the 40th!

This time around is and for that reason, Ford will more than likely introduce the upcoming 15MY just as they did when the original 65 Mustang was first introduced to the public at the New York State Worlds Fair on April 17th of 1964..

The upcoming NYIAS falls exactly on the 50th anniversary so I just can't see Ford introducing the all new S550 Mustang before then, if they intend to stay true to the original anniversary date..
While certainly it would be a wonderful tribute to history, I don't think the company would necessarily be locked into it at the expense of other business factors that might be in play now. I saw somewhere posted that it was thought the announcement was being moved up so Lee Iaccoca could be involved, as his health was in question. Of course, that is hearsay and might be inaccurate.

b) There is also a 3 month delay for going into production as the very first S550 models aren't even expected to arrive in dealerships until this upcoming July as a direct result
That extra time could still be taken even though the first builds are done many months in advance. I'd be more likely to say its later if we did not already have running cars that have been photographed in the state they are in now.

and c) are those media events that were reported to take place next month really accurate and were they released by Ford ?
There's enough forum posts in various key sites that seem to get the news that I tend to believe there's some substance behind them. I would not expect Ford to acknowledge those meetings publicly.

Lastly, thread about Mustang clubs in Europe being invited to a Ford event in early December seem to lend credence to things being fully revealed much sooner than the New York Auto Show.
Old 11/17/13, 10:08 PM

One thing is for certain ! if we don't see the S550 by this upcoming January at the NAIAS in Detroit.. Then we'll know it won't be introduced until April at the upcoming 2014 NYIAS..
Old 11/18/13, 01:41 PM

That extra time could still be taken even though the first builds are done many months in advance. I'd be more likely to say its later if we did not already have running cars that have been photographed in the state they are in now.
And those running cars which have been photographed in the state they are in now are the same test mules that are still heavily camouflaged from months ago..

You would think by now we'd actually see some new spy photo's with less camo if we're getting that close to seeing the actual production model..

Hopefully we'll see the production model introduced in January at the upcoming Detroit NAIAS, but I still doubt we'll see it before then

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 11/18/13 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11/18/13, 01:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

And those running cars which have been photographed in the state they are in now are the same test mules that are still heavily camouflaged from months ago..

You would think by now we'd actually see some new spy photo's with less camo if we're getting that close to seeing the actual production model..

Hopefully we'll see the production model introduced in January at the upcoming Detroit NAIAS, but I still doubt we'll see it before then
I think the camo level is still appropriate, and I hope we are both clapping in 2 weeks as opposed to being sad and waiting 5 more months.
Old 11/18/13, 02:07 PM

I think the camo level is still appropriate, and I hope we are both clapping in 2 weeks as opposed to being sad and waiting 5 more months.
That makes 2 of us Tony