2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Out with the 2014 and in with the 2015 Roush

Search this Thread

Old 11/29/15, 12:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks good without the fake airboxes. Did you take them off or can the cars be ordered without that feature?

Last edited by Palerider; 11/29/15 at 12:39 PM.
Old 11/29/15, 02:18 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,678 Likes on 1,199 Posts
Originally Posted by Palerider
Looks good without the fake airboxes. Did you take them off or can the cars be ordered without that feature?
They can be ordered that way.
You can pretty much add/delete what you want.
Old 11/29/15, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Palerider
I actually just ordered the side scoops, quarter louver windows, Roush coil covers and redline hood struts. Just waiting for rain to stop and temp to go up a few degrees to install everything. Just need to get the Roush pedals and I'll have every option on the car. This one was one on my dealer lot so they choose the options they wanted.
Old 11/29/15, 05:47 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by svostang
I actually just ordered the side scoops, quarter louver windows, Roush coil covers and redline hood struts. Just waiting for rain to stop and temp to go up a few degrees to install everything. Just need to get the Roush pedals and I'll have every option on the car. This one was one on my dealer lot so they choose the options they wanted.
That's awesome. Your car is gorgeous.
Pretty much all the same options I would go with minus the side scoops. Nothing wrong with the side scoops, I just think it looks cleaner without. But, I do like them on the cars that I have seen with them on as well. The 3 way adjustable coil overs. I'd have to have those as well.
Are you going to do the Phase 2 upgrade when publicly available?
Old 11/29/15, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Stage_3
That's awesome. Your car is gorgeous.
Pretty much all the same options I would go with minus the side scoops. Nothing wrong with the side scoops, I just think it looks cleaner without. But, I do like them on the cars that I have seen with them on as well. The 3 way adjustable coil overs. I'd have to have those as well.
Are you going to do the Phase 2 upgrade when publicly available?
Thanks, the side scoops are something I just like. That's what's great about these cars, everyone can make something of their own. The phase 2 upgrade is a definite, just waiting for my dealer to get a price when released. I was told it's just a tune upgrade as I supposedly already have the new pulley installed. First upgrade though is stainless steel brake lines and high temp fluid so we ready for the track in the spring.
Old 11/30/15, 03:01 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Thanks, the side scoops are something I just like. That's what's great about these cars, everyone can make something of their own. The phase 2 upgrade is a definite, just waiting for my dealer to get a price when released. I was told it's just a tune upgrade as I supposedly already have the new pulley installed. First upgrade though is stainless steel brake lines and high temp fluid so we ready for the track in the spring.
That I will agree with sir!
I think the Phase 2 kit is more than just a tune. I think it's pulley and tune. Not positive on that though. Are you sure you have the new pulley? I don't think it's available yet.
I wonder what the Phase 3 kit will bring when that comes out? I'm guessing close to 800 HP and probably 650 lbs. of TQ. Awesome stuff.
Old 11/30/15, 07:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
We've already seen a GT350R on here with a $50K mark up, so I wouldn't be surprised.

And anyone stupid enough to pay over sticker price is a ****ing idiot, hell if you're stupid enough to pay sticker price you're a ****ing idiot.
Right but what are regular (non R) GT350's going for? They're not limited production right? I think I read they'll build as many as they can sell. I mean there were ADMs on SVT Cobras back in the day so I wouldn't be surprised to see $5K or even $10K over sticker. But even with that you're still looking at $60-$70K total.

Do Dealers deal on Roush Stage 3's? To the OP, you said you negotiated a deal and I'm not looking for specifics but can the average buyer deal on a Stage 3?
Old 11/30/15, 10:02 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Congrats on the new car. It is stunning.

I also fell in love with the RS3 but couldn't find one without all the scoops on it that I don't like. So, plan B, buy a 50 Year LE in Kona blue and add the Roush blower / tune, suspension & driveline upgrades. The Roush exhaust is the perfect addition to the car.

Enjoy your car. Let us all know how it compares to your wife's GT350 on the track.
Old 12/1/15, 02:17 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 684 Likes on 347 Posts
"
Quote:
THANKS! HP 670, Torque 545 with 611 at the wheels. Roush just announced the phase 2 Hellcat killer upgrade that bumps to 727 HP and 610 in torque.

Congrats on the new ride.
......Stage 3 kit costs 22K + the cost of the car !
What kind of dyno did you put it on to get 611rwhp ?
What SAE corrections were applied.
SAE J1349 & SAE J607 are the most common. "
...........................???
.......Suspect the " 611 at the wheels " was using Obama math ?

Last edited by 1 Alibi 2; 12/1/15 at 02:21 AM.
Old 12/7/15, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Fords4Ever
Right but what are regular (non R) GT350's going for? They're not limited production right? I think I read they'll build as many as they can sell. I mean there were ADMs on SVT Cobras back in the day so I wouldn't be surprised to see $5K or even $10K over sticker. But even with that you're still looking at $60-$70K total.

Do Dealers deal on Roush Stage 3's? To the OP, you said you negotiated a deal and I'm not looking for specifics but can the average buyer deal on a Stage 3?
Hey Fords4Ever,
You can definitely deal on the Roush's. I went in using my x-plan and ended getting a better deal without it. We couldn't make a deal when I first went in and walked away. Then got an email a few days later during their end of month push and they gave me what I wanted. I would say you could probably get anywhere from 4k-6k off total sticker. Generally you'll get the same discount off the base car itself as if you were negotiating for a GT and then a bit off the Roush package itself. Best part is these VIN as GT's so my insurance was the same as my 14 GT. I know I'll get a good bump when my wife gets her GT350 since that is how it will VIN to insurance.
Old 12/7/15, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2
"
Quote:
THANKS! HP 670, Torque 545 with 611 at the wheels. Roush just announced the phase 2 Hellcat killer upgrade that bumps to 727 HP and 610 in torque.

Congrats on the new ride.
......Stage 3 kit costs 22K + the cost of the car !
What kind of dyno did you put it on to get 611rwhp ?
What SAE corrections were applied.
SAE J1349 & SAE J607 are the most common. "
...........................???
.......Suspect the " 611 at the wheels " was using Obama math ?
Haven't had time to make a dyno run, just going by a few articles I read and some videos I saw as well. Brenspeed did some tests and had similar results but I can't find that one again. Below is a video that Ray Skillman posted. I'll probably end up getting the phase 2 upgrade installed before I get a chance to Dyno the base car itself. If I can get one done I'll definitely post the results.

Old 12/8/15, 10:24 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 684 Likes on 347 Posts
Haven't had time to make a dyno run, just going by a few articles I read and some videos I saw as well. Brenspeed did some tests and had similar results but I can't find that one again. Below is a video that Ray Skillman posted. I'll probably end up getting the phase 2 upgrade installed before I get a chance to Dyno the base car itself. If I can get one done I'll definitely post the results.

2015 Roush Stage 3 On the Dyno 700HP! RS3 15 16 2016 Shelby - YouTube
Most people don't spend the money to baseline their cars, I had both of mine done.
Numbers vary from car to car & from dyno to dyno.
What somebody else's car makes has nothing to do with what YOUR car makes.
Prior to taking delivery of my 14, I read several threads on 13/14 baseline dyno #'s.
........ Factory rated @ 662 ( crank ) hp.
All of them claim to be stock, but you only know what they tell you. I saw 603, 607, 609, & 613 base line #'s.
I had my 14 base-lined @ the same shop that did the work on my 11.
My 14's baseline was 585 !!
Ford claimed the drivetrain loss on the 13' 5.8 motor was around 8 %, my car on that dyno lost 11.3 %..
A car rated @ 670 ( crank ) hp putting 611 to the tires is less than 9% drivetrain loss.
Old 12/8/15, 02:46 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Fords4Ever
Yes, they most definitely do. There are 3 top Roush sellers out there right now. I traded in my 14 year old Camaro SS with about 15k on the clock and what I paid for my brand new '13 Roush Stage 3 is what people pay for a brand new S550 GT PP car now. (The killers were the taxes and enclosed trailer delivery.)
Old 12/8/15, 03:33 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,171 Likes on 1,619 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
Yes, they most definitely do. There are 3 top Roush sellers out there right now. I traded in my 14 year old Camaro SS with about 15k on the clock and what I paid for my brand new '13 Roush Stage 3 is what people pay for a brand new S550 GT PP car now. (The killers were the taxes and enclosed trailer delivery.)
Well I still like you Tony even though you did admit you slept with the enemy!
Old 12/8/15, 04:45 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Well I still like you Tony even though you did admit you slept with the enemy!
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Thanks Gary. I was lost, but now I'm found.
Old 12/8/15, 05:03 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
... Best part is these VIN as GT's so my insurance was the same as my 14 GT. I know I'll get a good bump when my wife gets her GT350 since that is how it will VIN to insurance.
Which is why the Roush, as well as Saleen, take a hit on resale. Regardless, I always like(d) Roush, and who cares about resale on a new car... Congrats!
Old 12/9/15, 04:05 PM
V6 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

I love your car! I own a 2014 Stage 3 with 575hp and happy with the performance. Ford was smart by taking the 2015 5.0 to a new level of forged internals so it can handle the higher HP without engine failure. I will eventually go to a phase 2 on my car which would yield 625hp and it will be safe. Unless I have the Aluminator, phase 3 is not an option, the fear of the engine not holding together scares me, even though others say it is not a problem. Love the car and if you get the opportunity see what numbers you get at the track. I figure you will be about 11.2 or lower with proper drags on it.
Old 12/9/15, 09:36 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
We've already seen a GT350R on here with a $50K mark up, so I wouldn't be surprised.

And anyone stupid enough to pay over sticker price is a ****ing idiot, hell if you're stupid enough to pay sticker price you're a ****ing idiot.

Old 12/10/15, 07:10 PM
GT Member

Here's a few pictures from Cars and Coffee.

Old 12/10/15, 07:21 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

^^^ Are those the standard or upgraded wheels?

Quick Reply: Out with the 2014 and in with the 2015 Roush