2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

NEW Shelby GT350 .

Search this Thread

Old 2/4/14, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nope, given recent actual Recaro seats, could be real deal BBSs.
Old 2/4/14, 08:13 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Im legitamately excited! Those quad tips fit right in and i cant wait to see the front fascia. I wonder if the wheels are optional for reduced drag
Old 2/4/14, 08:23 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by montreal ponies
These must be production ready wheels under those plastic wheel covers held in place with zip ties. Nice set up Ford.
that or hiding brakes.
Old 2/4/14, 08:51 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 2/4/14, 09:21 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by rmurer
that or hiding brakes.
Hmm hiding the brakes brings up some questions. Cross drilled and/or slotted rotors? New brembo or even baer or wilwood brakes maybe? Bigger calipers or more pistons? Bigger rotors front and rear? Will there be integrated brake cooling ducts? So many questions!
Old 2/4/14, 09:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by CCTking
Hmm hiding the brakes brings up some questions. Cross drilled and/or slotted rotors? New brembo or even baer or wilwood brakes maybe? Bigger calipers or more pistons? Bigger rotors front and rear? Will there be integrated brake cooling ducts? So many questions!
There's already been previous spyshots of the carbon ceramic rotors, 6-piston calipers. They're in the same gallery as above, just further back.
Old 2/4/14, 09:40 PM
FR500 Member

If we do get carbon ceramics that will just be (some pricey) icing on the cake.the brake fade issue will dissipate like the massive amounts of heat produced by slowing tha montser down. Thatll greatly add to driver confidence in both daily driving but especially on the track. Im just gonna guess even though its irrelevant, a nurburgring time of around 5-10 seconds faster at most compared to the outgoing model. The IRS if dialed in properly will hold better grip through the turns, carbon ceramics means better braking and possibly later braking going into the turns, and the overall better dynamics of the chassis will come into play as well
Old 2/4/14, 10:02 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Krohn
Of course! I just want it to be the SVT Cobra again, not the Shelby GT500.

I remember when it first came out though, I used to call it the Ford SVT Shelby GT500 Cobra. lol ... since all had a part in it.
Wow, that's a lot of name. Is it a Ford or is it a Shelby? is it a Horse or is it a Snake? Make it fast, comfortable and handle well and I'll be happy as long as they don't call it a probe.
Old 2/5/14, 06:06 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Moving/Merging to '2015 - Next Generation' section, but will leave a link for a few hours . .

Last edited by Evil_Capri; 2/5/14 at 06:46 AM.
Old 2/5/14, 06:25 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
The video sure doesn't sound like a 5.0L, to me anyway. Doesn't sound like popcorn popping, a much smoother sound. First car in history where Ford has put on the right width tires. In my opinion
Old 2/5/14, 06:33 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
There's already been previous spyshots of the carbon ceramic rotors, 6-piston calipers. They're in the same gallery as above, just further back.
Thats true but the might have made changes, really no sense in covering the rims like that other wise.
Old 2/5/14, 06:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by eric n
Wow, that's a lot of name. Is it a Ford or is it a Shelby? is it a Horse or is it a Snake? Make it fast, comfortable, and handle well and I'll be happy as long as they don't call it a probe.
Amen to that! lol

I was referring though to the 2007 model just to clarify to others. lol
Back when I was like 16 or 17.
Old 2/5/14, 08:51 AM

Heres a quick overview of everything that we have seen on this car:
-New front fascia and hood, along with fender scoops.
-Quad exhaust.
-295/35/19 tires front and rear.
-We have seen both drilled steel and drilled carbon ceramic brake discs.
-6 piston front calipers.
Old 2/5/14, 09:47 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by David Young
The video sure doesn't sound like a 5.0L, to me anyway. Doesn't sound like popcorn popping, a much smoother sound. First car in history where Ford has put on the right width tires. In my opinion
Now let's see if the production version has it. They tested plain old GTs with Boss tires before, so I won't hold my breath.
Old 2/5/14, 10:21 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by rhumb
I suspect a GT 350 (confidence level moderate) with tweaked bodywork, chassis (fat tires included) and 5.x motor included (potentially flat crank screamer). Beyond the quantity of stick (fat tires, easy to do) will be the quality of stick (massive suspension improvements). If Ford's recent tuning successes with the Focus/Fiesta twins is any indication, great driving joy lies ahead, along with imposing raw numbers.

PS rims just cardboard covers over actual BBS'esque actual hoops.
I'm thinking those are the same 10 spoke wheels we've already seen.
Old 2/5/14, 01:09 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by rmurer
that or hiding brakes.
It needed the carbon brakes as an option. The carbon are leagues better than the standard steel brakes, so it's a no brainer for a super performance upgrade.

Some part of me thinks the auto manufacturers don't actually need to do this testing with the camo on. If they wanted to do some real testing for aero or w/e, it couldn't be done with the tarps on, and anything else would basically be hidden. I think most people, if they didn't see a manufacturer plate, would think it was someone making some mods. I think they do these camo tests to get people excited about the upcoming cars.
Old 2/5/14, 01:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn
It needed the carbon brakes as an option. The carbon are leagues better than the standard steel brakes, so it's a no brainer for a super performance upgrade.

Some part of me thinks the auto manufacturers don't actually need to do this testing with the camo on. If they wanted to do some real testing for aero or w/e, it couldn't be done with the tarps on, and anything else would basically be hidden. I think most people, if they didn't see a manufacturer plate, would think it was someone making some mods. I think they do these camo tests to get people excited about the upcoming cars.
I bet that and maybe to see how it feels on a quick real world run.
..... anyone know how long they drive around with the camo on? Like an hour or just from facility to facility?
Old 2/5/14, 01:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Krohn
I bet that and maybe to see how it feels on a quick real world run.
..... anyone know how long they drive around with the camo on? Like an hour or just from facility to facility?
i would assume until they get the data they need.
Old 2/5/14, 02:33 PM
FR500 Member

I still cant get over those tires! Theyre massive!
Old 2/5/14, 03:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Maybe Ford is going to offer a Ken Block gymkhana package, complete with Fifteen52 turbofan wheels as an option to better cool the brakes...

Quick Reply: NEW Shelby GT350 .