2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Merry Christmas to Me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12/22/14, 08:36 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr. Frankenstang
OK. Got home later than I expected but here are some interior and engine pics. Again, forgive the quality of my camera.
Well then... time to yank that silly plastic engine cover off. FORD!!
Old 12/22/14, 08:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Well then... time to yank that silly plastic engine cover off. FORD!!

I think I agree with cdynaco on that. The engine would look just as good, if not better, if they had just painted the cam cover black or even Ford blue instead of putting that plastic engine cover over the top. It kind of looks out of place even. I can't quite put my finger on it but it just looks odd, almost like a hat that doesn't quite fit the head. A nicely painted cam cover would look awesome there. My guess is a lot of ecoboost owners will remove the cover and paint the engine cam cover instead. Congrats on the new Stang all the same, the interior looks really great.

Last edited by 3point7; 12/22/14 at 08:45 PM.
Old 12/22/14, 08:56 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 3point7

I think I agree with cdynaco on that. The engine would look just as good, if not better, if they had just painted the cam cover black or even Ford blue instead of putting that plastic engine cover over the top. It kind of looks out of place even. I can't quite put my finger on it but it just looks odd, almost like a hat that doesn't quite fit the head. A nicely painted cam cover would look awesome there. My guess is a lot of ecoboost owners will remove the cover and paint the engine cam cover instead. Congrats on the new Stang all the same, the interior looks really great.
Old or new, DOHC cam covers can look great!

Last edited by cdynaco; 12/22/14 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12/22/14, 09:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Exactly cdynaco. I think that's exactly the look Ford should have gone with to top off the ecoboost motor. That would look awesome under the hood. My guess is that aftermarket is going to come up with something right along those lines if Ford doesn't first.
Old 12/22/14, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 3point7

Thanks and I agree about the cover, too. Too bad Ford couldn't have made it as nice looking as the 5.0.
Old 12/22/14, 09:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks and I agree about the cover, too. Too bad Ford couldn't have made it as nice looking as the 5.0.
You still got a great ride, don't sweat it, it's such a minor thing. I'm betting the aftermarket will come up with something more visually appealing if you feel the need to change it out.
Old 12/23/14, 07:59 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Just got my EcoBoost yesterday and have been having a blast. It's a base model with automatic and Performance Package, and ceramic cloth interior. I should have went with ebony, not realizing ceramic would get dirty easier I'm amazed at how docile the car is in drive, but when you shift into sport, with or without using the paddles, it becomes an animal. Very Jeckyll and Hyde personality. It handles like it's on rails and probably shouldn't be this fast for a 4 cylinder. The speed does creep up on you. I don't get the big deal about the so-called "fake exhaust note." To me it's nothing major but to each his own, I guess. I feel that the EcoBoost engine is a welcome addition to the Mustang's engine lineup. You really can't go wrong with any engine, despite what anyone else says. After driving this car, owning a 4 banger Stang is nothing to be embarrassed about.
A special thanks to Deysha at Ford Service for all her help. Thank you, Deysha!!
Oh, forgive the quality of my pictures. I need a new camera.
Super congrats on your new EcoBoost and you’re very welcome, Dr. Frankenstang! It is gorgeous!

Deysha