2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

It may be too soon to ask, but.....

Search this Thread

Old 2/4/15, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It may be too soon to ask, but.....

Have there been any issues or problems with the 2015 Mustang that might be attributed to a first year of a redesign? I'm thinking that the issue with the squealing brakes might be one. Anything else?
On another note, what is the Job 2 date, or when was the Job 2 date? What type of changes does Ford typically make to start Job 2, other than a price increase?
Old 2/4/15, 07:07 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
The other may be body panels not fitting right.

Job 2 is bug fixes for Job 1. "Running changes" for defects found in last minute testing so to speak. If you're asking for specifics someone with insider knowledge should chime in
Old 2/4/15, 09:11 PM
GT Member

I have had mine for 5 weeks and logged nearly 600 miles. I can report my car is issue free.
Old 2/4/15, 11:58 PM
V6 Member

how's she running??

Originally Posted by MuddyLX
I have had mine for 5 weeks and logged nearly 600 miles. I can report my car is issue free.

How's she running?? Break in should be starting to happen I would think. Your mileage & power getting any better?? Can't wait to get mine.
Dennis
Old 2/5/15, 07:40 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
I will never buy a first year car. What they learn about the first year they fix in the following years. it could be bigger axles because they brake to easy. It could be a way to better fit the body panels. These are just an example of complaints they will fix. Not issues per so fir most but in the coming years be fixed.This is just part of manufacturing.
Old 2/5/15, 07:54 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by daniel92
Have there been any issues or problems with the 2015 Mustang that might be attributed to a first year of a redesign? I'm thinking that the issue with the squealing brakes might be one. Anything else?
On another note, what is the Job 2 date, or when was the Job 2 date? What type of changes does Ford typically make to start Job 2, other than a price increase?
Hi daniel92,

The typical definition of a “Job 2” is the addition of a new model (such as the 2012 BOSS or for the 2015MY the Convertible is a “Job 2”) or significant change within 60-90 days of “Job 1”.

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 2/5/15 at 07:57 AM.
Old 2/5/15, 09:06 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only thing I've seen mentioned as far as a pretty widespread issue is body panel fitment, which any dealer with a competent body shop can fix if it is a major issue. I think it will take more than a few months to find out about mechanical issues. We already know the rear axle is weak for drag racing. I'm assuming this is going to be one of the bigger issues down the line when more and more 2015's begin going to the strips - and I believe the aftermarket is already working on stronger replacement half-shaft axles to resolve this issue.

Personally, I'm wondering if the tick in the 5.0 will be back for this iteration or if they have fixed it.

Last edited by CriticalmassGT; 2/5/15 at 09:08 AM.
Old 2/5/15, 09:41 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Jazzman442
I will never buy a first year car. What they learn about the first year they fix in the following years. it could be bigger axles because they brake to easy. It could be a way to better fit the body panels. These are just an example of complaints they will fix. Not issues per so fir most but in the coming years be fixed.This is just part of manufacturing.
I try to always buy the newest designs.That way it takes longer to get envious of the new models. I have never had any problems with cars because of this.
Old 2/6/15, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by FordService
Hi daniel92,

The typical definition of a “Job 2” is the addition of a new model (such as the 2012 BOSS or for the 2015MY the Convertible is a “Job 2”) or significant change within 60-90 days of “Job 1”.

Deysha
Thanks Deysha. Do you know if Job 2 for the 2015 model year includes anything of significance other than the introduction of the convertible?
Old 2/6/15, 08:10 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Thanks Deysha. Do you know if Job 2 for the 2015 model year includes anything of significance other than the introduction of the convertible?
What's your definition of "anything of significance"? Hate to play the Bill Clinton card, but devil is always in the details.

Deysha has magical powers on this forum, but I doubt she will be able to give you a list of all the Engineering Change Requests that made it into Job 2.

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 2/6/15 at 08:12 PM.
Old 2/6/15, 08:14 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Going back to the original question, I did have an issue with less than 50 miles on my car - the A/C compressor was out and had to be replaced. I don't think that can be attributed to a first year issue, though. It's likely a fairly common part across the ford line - I just had bad luck and it was put into mine.
Old 2/7/15, 08:23 AM
Team Mustang Source

Picked my car up the same day it arrived at the dealership, the day before Thanksgiving. It was built in September so it is an early build car and I have had Zero issues. The car exceeds my expectations for performance, refinement and quality. Just turned 2000 miles. I've owned many Mustangs and Fords, this easily is the best one yet!
Old 2/7/15, 09:03 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't believe "noisy" brakes is a fact of Year One production. European cars have had squealing brakes for a long time, but they also stop. The CEO for Mercedes, many years ago, made the comment, we (Americans) complain about noisy brakes, but they stop the car while our "quiet" brakes don't do as good a job.

As for initial problems, I have had none. I have almost 1800 miles on the EB, and I am averaging 28.9 Mpg on Premium, which is what the dealer filled it with, and I continue to use. 99% of my driving is interstate at 75 mph. I admit my MPG drops off to around 21 when in the city as I use Sport mode which is much more responsive then Normal.

Prior to signing the paperwork for the car, I test drove it, and went over it with a fine tooth comb. The interior, the paint and the fit of the panels. It is as close to perfect as a production car can get. After the dealer "prepped" the car, I again checked the paint for scratches or small dings.

The car runs great, and has used no oil. I check it every other day since it is new. The electronics all work as designed and I use the voice activated programs as a norm. There have been no issues with the system recognizing voice commands, picking up my phone or my music on the Memory Stick. The heater is unbelievable, in sub-zero temperatures, as is the defroster.

All in all I am very happy with car and have no complaints. I drive it all year, snow or not.
Old 2/7/15, 11:06 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SD CALSPCL
The heater is unbelievable, in sub-zero temperatures, as is the defroster.
One of the things I have LOVED about all the Ford vehicles I have owned over the years, the heaters do work well.
Old 2/7/15, 12:08 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by boomer46
How's she running?? Break in should be starting to happen I would think. Your mileage & power getting any better?? Can't wait to get mine.
Dennis
Runs like a dream. Still have not punched it to the floor, just half throttle up to around 5000. Very happy with everything about my car. Smooth power, great seats (love the heat). Hope to get another 400 miles on it this month so I can do some full on 0-?? runs. Handles well, but I happen to live where almost every road is straight. Need to see if there are any open track days at a road course near by.
Old 2/7/15, 09:36 PM

Mine runs like a dream too. No weird noises yet, no bad brakes.
I got a stone hitting my windshield after 4 days of ownership, got a new one today.
I love this car.
Old 2/8/15, 10:44 PM
GT Member

My formerly mud red road is now covered in a thick new layer of gravel just big enough to be launched by a truck tire. I have less than a quarter mile of it, so I cross my fingers I don't end up like you.
Old 2/9/15, 09:37 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
No, daniel92. It was just that, the convertibles.

Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
What's your definition of "anything of significance"? Hate to play the Bill Clinton card, but devil is always in the details.

Deysha has magical powers on this forum, but I doubt she will be able to give you a list of all the Engineering Change Requests that made it into Job 2.
Correct, 5.MONSTER. However, there may have been tweaks here and there, but no major changes.

Deysha