2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

GT350R or Roush Stage 3?

Search this Thread

Old 12/7/15, 02:40 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts
Originally Posted by CiniZter
it wont be long before we will see heads up video between this two. already saw yesterday a mash up on youtube. linke below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1088TfDnJlU
Too funny. I watched that video late last night.
I gotta admit,....that GT350 looks killer. As much I love the Roush, that GT350 though,............ . The GT350R cars are going to be hard to come by. ADM will be a downfall for most as well.
The GT350R is a nasty beast!
Old 12/7/15, 06:16 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it wont be long before we will see heads up video between this two. already saw yesterday a mash up on youtube. linke below.

Nice link. Thanks for posting.

Oh, BTW, to answer the OP's question... GT350, but definitely would not paid an ADM.

Last edited by SteelTownStang; 12/8/15 at 05:08 PM.
Old 12/7/15, 06:52 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
GT350 if I was going to track the car. RS3 for more daily driving fun.

We were going to buy a RS3 but couldn't get the deal we wanted on the options we like (no scoop car). Since I really like the kona blue, I figured we might as well get a 50 LE and add the Roush parts that we want.
Old 12/7/15, 08:40 PM
V6 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

REALLY, I had to keep from laughing as I watched this video. I realize this video was to promote the Roush Stage 3. The comparison is 90% cosmetic and any comparison to performance features was ignorant at best.
They are both good looking cars and great performers, but the engineering advantages behind the GT350 were totally skipped over.
Old 12/8/15, 02:50 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by GT_Dave
REALLY, I had to keep from laughing as I watched this video. I realize this video was to promote the Roush Stage 3. The comparison is 90% cosmetic and any comparison to performance features was ignorant at best.
They are both good looking cars and great performers, but the engineering advantages behind the GT350 were totally skipped over.
I will agree with that.
The GT350 and the GT350R car are just beasts! I love the Roush cars, but the front end of that GT350 Mustang has me like,................... .
Old 12/8/15, 03:43 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I agree with GT_Dave. I couldn't watch that video past 2 minutes it was so boring. I know how they look different, I was hoping to see them run.
Old 12/8/15, 10:51 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,150 Likes on 824 Posts
My first thought on this was the GT350R hands down.

Now I have thought about this for a few days and wathced the video. As much as I really like the look of the new Roush RS3 over the stock GT, and I know the Roush has both the GT350 and GT350R beat for raw horsepower, I just would have to stay with the GT350R. And I would even take the GT350 over the Roush. Of course the GT350R is just a pipe dream right now, would love to have one, but... $$$$

I just really like the looks of both of the GT350s and the Roush. Of the three, GT, Roush, GT350. Ford made this one right. Not so much with the GT, sorry for those who own one. They are growing on me, but not there for me yet. I like the look from the front axle back of the GT. The GT350 flat plane 5.2L motor is very enticing, and remember this car is at its base HP. If you want more HP on the GT350s, there will be ways to get more.

I don't really have the desire to screw with tweaking either one of the GT350s. There is just no need on the Roush. Both GT350s are extremely nice just the way the come from the factory.

Just give me a GT350, with tech package, black roof, white stripes, and leather seats and I will be very happy.

I am really not asking for much...

And if you want to give me a GT350R I would not turn you down.

Would love to have any of them, but my favorites are GT350R, GT350, then the Roush. It would be a tough choice.

Last edited by shaneyusa; 12/8/15 at 11:16 PM.
Old 12/9/15, 12:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts
I'm partial to the GT 350. Less horse power but I like that 5.2 liter motor.
Old 12/10/15, 12:39 AM

Here is a little video that I found interesting...
Old 12/10/15, 12:51 AM

and yet another one...
Old 12/14/15, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT350R for me, they look and sound awesome and the performance is amazing. Roush is nice but certainly think a GT350 or GT350R would be money well spent especially in the long run (resale).
Old 12/15/15, 01:35 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,227 Likes on 1,780 Posts
As much as I like the GT350/R ! IMHO the Roush stage 3 offers the better overall bang for the buck performance dollar for dollar..

Although the GT350 and R models will have better resale value down the road, however when you factor in the ridiculous ADM markups, your still never the less going to be paying far more than what these cars are really worth in today's market..

Therefore how can this really be considered as money well spent in your opinion
Old 12/15/15, 04:25 PM
V6 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
IF you are looking at either of these cars from any type of investment angle, you are definitely playing the wrong game. IMHO what the car is worth boils down to what you plan to do with it and what you get out of it over the time that you own it, regardless of the money spent.
I plan to keep my GT350 for at least the next 10 years (if I'm still alive) doing autocross, road racing and run the crap out of it.
It seems most opinions on value here are largely based on the ability to acquire either the Roush or the Shelby. My decision was based on what I want in a car, for me the GT350 is the perfect vehicle. I wouldn't turn down a Roush but it would not be my 1st choice for what I want to do.

You only live once and you gotta do what feels right, as long as you can make it work out for your situation.

Last edited by GT_Dave; 12/15/15 at 04:27 PM.
Old 12/15/15, 05:38 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
GT350 all day long, the Roush is a good car but there are significant differences between the GT350 and the standard GT on which the Roush is based.

The only downside I can think of going with the GT350 is modding it. One of the mistakes I see some Boss guys make is taking a Boss and modding the crap out of it power wise and ending up with a Boss making 700 or 800 horsepower and incorrectly thinking that everything else on the Boss can cope turning what was once a beautifully balanced car into a de facto GT500 with a little less weight on the nose.

Same thing with the GT350, its not a car for extreme power, its balanced around its 526 horsepower and once you start deviating from that the car's best asset is going to be diminished.

That said, do as you will though, as its your money. I'm just tossing in my shiny two pennies worth of opinion.
Old 12/15/15, 05:53 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

IF you are looking at either of these cars from any type of investment angle, you are definitely playing the wrong game. IMHO what the car is worth boils down to what you plan to do with it and what you get out of it over the time that you own it, regardless of the money spent.
You only live once and you gotta do what feels right, as long as you can make it work out for your situation.
Spot on Dave!
Old 12/16/15, 03:53 PM

When I stated in my previous post about the stage 3 Roush providing the better overall bang for the buck performance, I was referring to price alone.. I didn't say it was a better car over the GT350/GT350R..

Just as GT Dave stated in his post, if your going to purchase either the GT350 or GT350R ? Then go for it if you intend on doing it for all the right reasons..

Regardless of whether you decide to mod or just enjoy the GT350 in stock form, it's the overall driving experience and fun factor that you put into and then get back from in return that determine as to whether or not your money has been well spent..

However as both GT Dave and I previously stated, if your reasons are for investment purposes ? Then yes, I agree that your doing it for all the wrong reasons so therefore don't expect to see a higher resale value unless the following exceptions are met.. 1) extreme low mileage 2) pristine condition 3) has not been modified and 4) how long will the production run last and how many units are going to be built each year..

Perhaps in 20/30 years from now, these cars will provide a substantial profit as an investment but until then just as I mentioned earlier, when you factor in the ADM markups, your still never the less going to be paying far more than what these cars are really worth in the current present day market..

With that being said ! If I'm going to spend 60k and up for either a GT350 or GT350R ? I'll want to enjoy driving the car to show events/car cruises along with some occasional autocrossing here and there, but the last thing I would ever do is waste such a fine engineered machine that's designed to be driven to it's full potential by hauling it around as some trailer queen only to be put on display/exhibition

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 12/16/15 at 11:01 PM.
Old 12/17/15, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
As much as I like the GT350/R ! IMHO the Roush stage 3 offers the better overall bang for the buck performance dollar for dollar..

Although the GT350 and R models will have better resale value down the road, however when you factor in the ridiculous ADM markups, your still never the less going to be paying far more than what these cars are really worth in today's market..

Therefore how can this really be considered as money well spent in your opinion
I guess I need to rephrase that for you - limited number cars tend to have better resale value many years later (not in today's market) e.g. certain classic cars resold today. Plus, it is usually better for performance versions of cars to come from the factory that way versus aftermarket like Roush. If you don't care about that - then buy whatever you want or dismiss it, it was just my 2 cents - take it or leave it.

I plan to keep my GT350 for at least the next 10 years (if I'm still alive) doing autocross, road racing and run the crap out of it.
It seems most opinions on value here are largely based on the ability to acquire either the Roush or the Shelby. My decision was based on what I want in a car, for me the GT350 is the perfect vehicle. I wouldn't turn down a Roush but it would not be my 1st choice for what I want to do.

People do buy these type of cars for a long-term investment angle but then again some or most don't and drive them to enjoy them. I would actually be the latter, but it doesn't hurt if many years down the road they increase in value. I like your last sentence - you only live once...!

Last edited by Ricochet; 12/17/15 at 01:28 PM.
Old 12/17/15, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Ricochet
I guess I need to rephrase that for you - limited number cars tend to have better resale value many years later (not in today's market) e.g. certain classic cars resold today. Plus, it is usually better for performance versions of cars to come from the factory that way versus aftermarket like Roush. If you don't care about that - then buy whatever you want or dismiss it, it was just my 2 cents - take it or leave it.
I understood your post completely by addressing the better resale value as in 20/30 years from now over today's current market in post #36 of this thread..

Therefore I'm fully well aware of the differences between factory limited edition cars such as the Shelby GT350/GT350R over aftermarket variants referring to the stage 3 Roush..

At any rate, If you haven't read over post 36 by now.. I strongly recommend reading it over as once again I fully addressed the differences between the resale values !

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 12/17/15 at 02:01 PM.
Old 12/17/15, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
I understood your post completely by addressing the better resale value as in 20/30 years from now over today's current market in post #36 of this thread..

Therefore I'm fully well aware of the differences between factory limited edition cars such as the Shelby GT350/GT350R over aftermarket variants referring to the stage 3 Roush..

At any rate, If you haven't read over post 36 by now.. I strongly recommend reading it over as once again I fully addressed the differences between the resale values !

Yes, post #36 was after my response to post #32 which appeared to be directed at me...I was simply answering your question.

I'm glad to see post #36, so I think we both know cars and are basically saying the same thing. You are obviously hung up ADM - with or without that factored in the GT350/350R would be a sweet car to enjoy/drive with a value upside someday especially if the things you listed are in place.

Lastly, as my reply states to GT_Dave - if I could, I would actually be getting it to drive it and enjoy it!
Old 12/17/15, 03:52 PM

JP ! Your absolutely spot on about being hung up on ADM markups and I'm certainly not alone.. IMHO I don't care how sweet the Shelby GT350/GT350R nor any other car for that matter is worth more than what the factory MSRP happens to be and despite being limited production cars, they're just not worth paying up to 20k over sticker as far as I'm concerned..

On the other hand, if Ford were to produce only 1000 total units, I could then understand the reason behind the ADM's in question, however I don't consider 4k-5k units produced per year as what you consider as being collectible nor rare enough to warrant such huge markups..

For now I'm just speculating as none of us really know how long the production run will be for the GT350/GT350R at this point, but knowing Ford's track record with the previous 2007-14 GT500.. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if both the number of units and production run for the GT350/GT350R will be any different, unless Ford decides to come out with an all new S550/GT500 within the next couple of years

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 12/17/15 at 10:09 PM.

Quick Reply: GT350R or Roush Stage 3?