2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Ford At Detroit-Monday Morning!!!

Search this Thread

Old 1/12/14, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford At Detroit-Monday Morning!!!

So, who else here is pumped for tomorrow morning?

I see Ford's press conference is scheduled for 8:30 AM eastern...

Going to be a sleepless night

Can't wait to finally get all the info on the 15's !!
Old 1/12/14, 01:08 PM

This is what you are going to get...not sure if they are going to unveil the specs yet.
Attached Thumbnails Ford At Detroit-Monday Morning!!!-image.jpg  
Old 1/12/14, 02:16 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That yellow looks sweet! i wouldnt get mine that color but thats one nice lookin car. I cant wait for the specs either, unfortunately ill be at work when the press conference starts
Someone keep me filled in on the details!
Old 1/12/14, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Stable68
This is what you are going to get...not sure if they are going to unveil the specs yet.
Nice photo Stable !!!!
Old 1/12/14, 03:03 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
I am not holding my breath for specs, but it would be really nice if they were to make some announcements!

I'm sure info will be posted here all day, I'll be checking in
Old 1/12/14, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by dmichaels
I am not holding my breath for specs, but it would be really nice if they were to make some announcements!

I'm sure info will be posted here all day, I'll be checking in
I look at it this way...the car mags already know and so do the car sites...they are all just under embargo right now...with Ford only scheduled for the one day tomorrow, they must be releasing the info or more of it...either way, I think it will be impossible to stop the leaks...Time Magazine said f$&k it and released the photos early and broke the embargo...somebody is bound to release something tomorrow if afore does not spill all the beans

What I wouldn't give right now to see the '15 order guide
Old 1/12/14, 06:21 PM
FR500 Member

I really hope the glass roof returns as an option. Ive always wanted one since sunroofs arent really a mustang thing. Although id love to get one custom installed, id want a real pro doing it cuz i dont want a leak then a giant rust hole in my roof. Plus idk how well it match with the car itself. Im real OCD when it comes to outward appearance for cars
Old 1/12/14, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by CCTking
I really hope the glass roof returns as an option. Ive always wanted one since sunroofs arent really a mustang thing. Although id love to get one custom installed, id want a real pro doing it cuz i dont want a leak then a giant rust hole in my roof. Plus idk how well it match with the car itself. Im real OCD when it comes to outward appearance for cars
CCTKing, bad news...Ford officially announced when they revealed the car a few weeks ago that glass roof is not compatible with new design...it will not be part of the new car...I also have read that the glass roofs sag after 2 years and there have been TSB's on the glass roofs...
Old 1/12/14, 08:19 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Keep an eye open at 12:01a tonight for Ford info.
Old 1/12/14, 08:27 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by davidkemel
CCTKing, bad news...Ford officially announced when they revealed the car a few weeks ago that glass roof is not compatible with new design...it will not be part of the new car...I also have read that the glass roofs sag after 2 years and there have been TSB's on the glass roofs...
Really? Ive never heard of the issue and was also expecting no glass roof return due to the double bubble roof design
Oh well!
Old 1/12/14, 09:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by CCTking
Really? Ive never heard of the issue and was also expecting no glass roof return due to the double bubble roof design Oh well!
I believe the exact quote from the mustang program manager said that they would not be offering a "fixed glass roof". For those of us conspiracy theorists that could mean a retractable glass roof....

ford could mimic the retractable glass roof from the 911 targa that would be an awesome option. But it would need to retract into the car to preserve the lines. That monstrosity on the mkz absolutely mangles the cars profile when open.

Refresh button will commence at 1159

Last edited by xlover; 1/12/14 at 09:35 PM.
Old 1/12/14, 09:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by xlover
I believe the exact quote said that they would not be offering a "fixed glass roof". For those of us conspiracy theorists that could mean a retractable glass roof....

ford could mimic the retractable glass roof from the 911 targa that would be an awesome option. But it would need to retract into the car to preserve the lines. That monstrosity on the mkz absolutely mangles the cars profile when open.

Refresh button will commence at 1159
That was the Exact Quote. No "Fixed Glass Roof" Ford isn't going to ignore the growing trend of Panoramic Roofs. I'm thinking We'll get an Opening Glass Roof Option soon. They're probably just working out Final Engineering before they Reveal It.
Old 1/12/14, 10:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

12:10 the new f150 stuff is up on media.ford and the new 2.7 ecoboost. Nothing mustang yet
Old 1/12/14, 10:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

12:10 the new f150 stuff is up on media.ford and the new 2.7 ecoboost. Nothing mustang yet
Oh and the f150 is 700lbs lighter so bodes very well for mustang weight loss
Old 1/12/14, 10:25 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

I can hardly wait to hear about more information about the Mustang. Maybe Ford will give us hints about future performance models.
Old 1/12/14, 10:32 PM
GTR Member

I was at the press preview yesterday and it was all F150. They talked about models, and even drove a Race Red 2015 Mustang GT PP across the stage, but the truck is the focus.
Old 1/13/14, 11:18 AM

Oh and the f150 is 700lbs lighter so bodes very well for mustang weight loss
Doesn't mean much for mustang weight loss. The new F150 uses MUCH more aluminum than they put into the new mustang. Most of the body is aluminum on the new F150, most of the body remained steel on the Mustang. So, the fact they were able to get the F150 down 700 pounds doesn't mean much for whether they got the weight down on the mustang, unfortunately.
Old 1/13/14, 12:00 PM
GTR Member

The new truck has a huge impact on what might come. If a mainstream automaker can improve the process of aluminum stamping and use as body panels in a high volume vehicle, then this most likely will trickle down. The Mustang is a prime candidate for the next application. Perhaps after a few years of F150 production under their belt, the 2020 Mustang could get an aluminum skin (the 2015 has aluminum fenders and hood) with more high strength steel for the frame itself. In a vehicle like that, it could shed 250-300 lbs. with those changes alone. If they can do it for 750,000+ trucks, it should be a breeze for 100,000+ Mustangs.
Old 1/13/14, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Overboost
The new truck has a huge impact on what might come. If a mainstream automaker can improve the process of aluminum stamping and use as body panels in a high volume vehicle, then this most likely will trickle down. The Mustang is a prime candidate for the next application. Perhaps after a few years of F150 production under their belt, the 2020 Mustang could get an aluminum skin (the 2015 has aluminum fenders and hood) with more high strength steel for the frame itself. In a vehicle like that, it could shed 250-300 lbs. with those changes alone. If they can do it for 750,000+ trucks, it should be a breeze for 100,000+ Mustangs.

This is definitely true for the next iteration of the mustang. I meant that it has little bearing as an indicator of the weight of the 2015 since it only has aluminum hood and fenders (and I was pretty sure even the 10-14 mustangs have an aluminum hood). I at least think that was what the poster I quoted was talking about - trying to get an indication of the '15 weight loss based on the '15 F150 weight loss, and my point was that it's not really much of an indication.

One can hope for the future. That'd be really awesome if they could shed the 400-500lbs everyone had hoped for prior to its release. That would make these things even faster and handle even better. I'd be really excited, but then again I already really like the 2015 - regardless of its weight.
Old 1/13/14, 12:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by acg14
This is definitely true for the next iteration of the mustang. I meant that it has little bearing as an indicator of the weight of the 2015 since it only has aluminum hood and fenders (and I was pretty sure even the 10-14 mustangs have an aluminum hood). I at least think that was what the poster I quoted was talking about - trying to get an indication of the '15 weight loss based on the '15 F150 weight loss, and my point was that it's not really much of an indication.

One can hope for the future. That'd be really awesome if they could shed the 400-500lbs everyone had hoped for prior to its release. That would make these things even faster and handle even better. I'd be really excited, but then again I already really like the 2015 - regardless of its weight.
if you read the f150 presser aluminum wasnt the only source of weight loss, high strength steel and better engineering accounted for a % of it. considering ford has been pretty mum on the mustang engineering and weight i think 150-200 lbs is possible from better steel and engineering, without the extensive use of aluminum. only time (ford releasing the specs) will tell

Last edited by xlover; 1/13/14 at 12:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Ford At Detroit-Monday Morning!!!