2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

is this common

Search this Thread

Old 5/10/15, 01:33 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
is this common

Got my 2015 GT PREM. April 1st. It's 5/10. And 1800+ miles on it.
1. I got in it yesterday started it, let it run couple minutes then headed up the road. I shifted each gear normal speed and after I shifted then pushed on the throttle the car sagged or seemed to choke a little. I backed off then pushed on the peddle and it slowly picked up speed after each shift.
2. I was wiping down car and cleaning windshield then after finishing I started it but it sputtered and died 3 times. Didn't want to run. This has happened 3 times. Once the check engine light came on.
Guess it needs to be put on computer and adjusted. I have done nothing to the car except installing magnaflow street cat backs. That should not affect car causing it to die and choke.
Tune isn't necessary with exhaust but probably would help. Only after dealer checks it out first.

Last edited by kponypower; 5/10/15 at 01:35 PM.
Old 5/10/15, 06:47 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Can't possibly be normal. Bring it in and have them take care of it.
Old 5/10/15, 08:18 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by kponypower
1. I got in it yesterday started it, let it run couple minutes then headed up the road. I shifted each gear normal speed and after I shifted then pushed on the throttle the car sagged or seemed to choke a little. I backed off then pushed on the peddle and it slowly picked up speed after each shift.
2. I was wiping down car and cleaning windshield then after finishing I started it but it sputtered and died 3 times. Didn't want to run. This has happened 3 times. Once the check engine light came on.
Guess it needs to be put on computer and adjusted. I have done nothing to the car except installing magnaflow street cat backs. That should not affect car causing it to die and choke.
Tune isn't necessary with exhaust but probably would help. Only after dealer checks it out first.
just be aware that if you get a tune, more then likely it will void your warranty.
Old 5/10/15, 08:40 PM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Take it to a parts store that offers free scanning and see if there are any codes if it stalled I'm sure theres at least a pending code. Being that low miles its probably something like a loose MAF sensor plug or the like they sometimes get missed on inspection or can rattle loose in shipping. At least if you check for codes before you head to the dealer you have some sort of idea whats up.
Old 5/11/15, 07:17 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by kponypower
Let's get you to the dealer to have this checked out, kponypower. Shoot me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number. I'll connect you with a customer service manager to further assist.

Deysha