2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Bama Performance sets record for WORLDS FASTEST NA 2015 Mustang GT!

Search this Thread

Old 11/12/14, 01:58 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,234 Posts
So,....what's the FULL list of mods that were used to get these times? I bet it costs a pretty penny. But,...that's for another time.
Also, full exhaust? That is headers all the way back to exhaust tips. That's "full" exhaust, correct? (Unless we have different definitions of "full" exhaust.) Just curious as to what is making this car run with those times. It's more that what is listed in the original post, that's for sure.
Old 11/13/14, 09:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't understand how they can keep touting the performance of the IRS when they broke a half shaft. The center section is a proven 8.8 carrier. It is the half shafts that are the weak link and it broke.
Old 11/13/14, 09:25 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
So,....what's the FULL list of mods that were used to get these times? I bet it costs a pretty penny. But,...that's for another time.
Also, full exhaust? That is headers all the way back to exhaust tips. That's "full" exhaust, correct? (Unless we have different definitions of "full" exhaust.) Just curious as to what is making this car run with those times. It's more that what is listed in the original post, that's for sure.
I think he's in over his head - mechanically/technically challenged and runs when readers seek clarity.
Old 11/13/14, 09:28 AM
Bullitt Member

The car has turn downs. You can see it in the video. I wonder if it has cats?
Old 11/13/14, 11:29 AM
Former Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by MRGTX
Wait, wait, wait.
That means that assuming a 150lb driver (unlikely in 'Murica these days), about 300lbs were pulled out of this car.

That's pretty well gutted.
There's still more to be taken out of there as well. Our driver is definitely on the slim as too.

Originally Posted by cdynaco
This. Where you posted your HP gains and stated the engine had deletes. I asked you to clarify but you ignored. Do the HP gains require deletes or did you misspeak?
That's my mistake and what I had meant in the original post was that the factory charge motion plates allowed Bama to pick up some power in the calibration working with them. We did NOT delete the factory charge motion control in this car yet. Additionally I'm having the post edited from "full exhaust" because I can see how that can be read differently. We completely changed the exhaust is what I meant including custome headers and yes, the exhaust does dump. As per running from answering this I was out at SEMA and came back with bronchitis and have been offsite for some time ill.

We're here to push the limits of this car alongside Bama and get it to go as quickly as possible. We're having fun with the race! We plan on building plenty of 2015's with the Bama Crew that post similar numbers with stock interiors, bolt-ons, and supercharger kits. We're in this for the long haul and we're not going to just build a gutted race car and be done with it.

I think he's in over his head - mechanically/technically challenged and runs when readers seek clarity.
If you have any other questions do not hesitate to let me know and I'm here to help.
Old 11/13/14, 12:15 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus
That's my mistake and what I had meant in the original post was that the factory charge motion plates allowed Bama to pick up some power in the calibration working with them. We did NOT delete the factory charge motion control in this car yet.
Thanx for clearing that up Alex!
Old 11/13/14, 12:26 PM
Former Vendor

Thanx for clearing that up Alex!
Hey! Anytime. That's what I'm hear for! We're obviously going to keep some of the specifics on the build a little close to the chest but in time we'll have everything disclosed. Sorry about the typo again it doesn't help that I'm almost legally blind here! Again-If you have any other questions or if there's something that I can clear up, let me know!

Alex
Old 11/14/14, 09:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey! Anytime. That's what I'm hear for! We're obviously going to keep some of the specifics on the build a little close to the chest
That's because JPC built, tuned, and drove the car. AM filmed it
Old 11/15/14, 12:02 AM
Bullitt Member

^^ Oh snap... ^
Old 11/16/14, 09:21 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Supra
Bama tuned the car. Bama always has and always will tune their own vehicles so that's completely false. We've been running the Bama 93 Track Tune for every pass this car has made. That's all that's been loaded up in it from the day it landed here at AM.
Old 11/16/14, 10:18 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Supra
I'd put money into JPC. They do some great work. Just take a look at some of the twin turbo set ups they have done. My friend Sarah's GHIG GT is twin turbo'ed and is VERY fast, built/tuned by JPC.

Bama tuned the car. Bama always has and always will tune their own vehicles so that's completely false. We've been running the Bama 93 Track Tune for every pass this car has made. That's all that's been loaded up in it from the day it landed here at AM.
I will admit, you guys did a good job tuning the car.
Old 11/17/14, 07:43 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Stage_3
I'd put money into JPC. They do some great work. Just take a look at some of the twin turbo set ups they have done. My friend Sarah's GHIG GT is twin turbo'ed and is VERY fast, built/tuned by JPC.

I will admit, you guys did a good job tuning the car.
Stage-They're one of the best out there! How could we not work with them!? I'm pretty familiar with Sarah's car as well and it's definitely no slouch! Bama definitely did great work with our 2015 and I can't wait to see what's next!

Alex
Old 11/17/14, 01:08 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Stage-They're one of the best out there! How could we not work with them!? I'm pretty familiar with Sarah's car as well and it's definitely no slouch!
Yes indeed sir.
Her and her husband are good people.