2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10/3/09, 01:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Yep, they are official renderings of the 2010 GT500. The image below was an official rendering of the 2005 GT, my point being that this car actually looks more like the 2010 GT. So, following that theory, there's a small chance that the next gen car may look similar to the 2010 rendering (hope you catch my drift )

That's a sweet render!
Old 10/4/09, 10:54 AM
I'm people, and I like.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not so keen on the green one.

These on the other hand...............

These were more official sketches of the 2010, but often point the way to the next-gen cars down the line. The rear ends are gorgeous

wow, those are great.
the bottom front angle and the bottom rear angle together would make a killer car.
Old 10/4/09, 04:46 PM
Cobra R Member

Old 10/5/09, 12:51 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Wow, that's impressive. A little too "batmobile" for my liking, but interesting all the same. The full fastback roofline looks great and it's got a great side profile. Not keen on the headlight buckets though.

Keep 'em coming though
Old 10/5/09, 02:35 AM

Yep, they are official renderings of the 2010 GT500. The image below was an official rendering of the 2005 GT, my point being that this car actually looks more like the 2010 GT. So, following that theory, there's a small chance that the next gen car may look similar to the 2010 rendering (hope you catch my drift )

I like what you are getting at I always thought his drawings were beautiful.

If your right here is you 2015 Mustang Everyone

Old 10/5/09, 11:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

http://www.idsketching.com/blog/wp-c...ches/must8.jpg This one looks like the unlikely child of a 350Z and a Mustang...
Old 10/6/09, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by DrunkenDragon713
http://www.idsketching.com/blog/wp-c...ches/must8.jpg This one looks like the unlikely child of a 350Z and a Mustang...
I love that one I half expect it to be racing on the side of buildings and flying through the air, like of a speed racer. Or racing through a forest at WOT like a rally car. God I want that car.
Old 10/6/09, 11:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...g?t=1254397148 I love the bottom one b/c even though there is a good bit of black plastic on the rear bumper, the exhaust makes it not at noticeable. Kind of takes the attention away from the black diaper and puts it on exhaust.
Old 10/7/09, 11:22 AM
Cobra Member

Quite frankly, I don't like very many of these sketches, especially if they proposals for the next generation Mustang. They all look like they're bigger, longer, wider, and heavier. They look like a V6 base model will weigh 4,000 lbs! Its the same mistake made with the 71-73s; trying to be a musclecar when the Mustang is a ponycar.

And can we please get away from the high beltline chopped top Mercury look? Its old already on the Chrylser 300 and one of the big complaints from reviewers about the Camaro (lack of visibility due to the low roof and small windows).

Leave being huge and heavy to the Challenger and Camaro. Make the next gen Mustang smaller & lighter but still leave room for the V8! I want one that is the size of the original '65-66 body. Maybe about the size of the BMW 1 series coupe, which is a bit shorter.

Last edited by Vermillion06; 10/7/09 at 03:53 PM.
Old 10/7/09, 01:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Vermillion06
Leave being huge and heavy to the Challenger and Camaro. Make the next gen Mustang smaller & lighter but still leave room for the V8! I want one that is the size of the original '65-66 body. Maybe about the size of the BMW 1 series coupe, which is a bit shorter.
+1, but i wouldn't mind it a few inches wider. The current mustang looks too narrow to me.
Old 10/7/09, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Vermillion06
Quite frankly, I don't like very many of these sketches, especially if they proposals for the next generation Mustang. They all look like they're bigger, longer, wider, and heavier. They look like a V6 base model will weigh 4,000 lbs! Its the same mistake made with the 71-73s; trying to be a musclecar when the Mustang is a ponycar.

And can we please get away from the high beltline chopped top Mercury look? Its old already on the Chrylser 300 and one of the big complaints from reviewers about the Camaro (lack of visibility due to the low roof and small windows).

Agree 100%!

The slab-sided chopped top look is way passe anymore. Besides, if I wanted to feel like I was sitting in a dark gun bunker, I'd go sit in a dark gun bunker. The Camaro seems to be the illogical extreme of this styling trend and has been duly panned for the resultant horrible outward visibility.

Rather than seeing the 201X Stang plump out like a fat man at a fixed price buffet, I'd rather see the Stang return to its slimmer, trimmer, leaner roots ala the '65 fastback with its lean, low body and airy greenhouse. These are pony cars, not Clydesdales, and ought to be sized and weighted accordingly. Ford should adopt a strict box rule when penning the next Stang: not an inch beyond the dimensions of the '65 fastback and within 200lbs. The Stang should be a trim performance car, not a bloated blunderbuss.

I attribute a lot of the car bloat of the last two decades more to a lack of engineering focus and discipline as much as stricter safety standards and equipment lists. Its an easy recourse for the design team simply to take an a la carte approach to satisfying consumer wants and regulatory demands than to practice real engineering and design rigor.

Last edited by rhumb; 10/7/09 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10/7/09, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by jarradasay
+1, but i wouldn't mind it a few inches wider. The current mustang looks too narrow to me.
O, rather, just make it a few inches lower to attain the same proportions, with the added benefits of reduced weight and drag, and a lowered CG, all big positives for a performance car.
Old 10/7/09, 08:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

The problem with making it smaller, is Ford runs the risk of lose customers due to people not fitting in the car. When I had my '07, I fit in like a glove. Perfect fit. Any smaller though, would have made it kind of uncomfortable. When I owned the '00 though, it was almost WAY too small for me. If it wasn't a vert, I don't know how I would have fit in there.
Old 10/8/09, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by DrunkenDragon713
The problem with making it smaller, is Ford runs the risk of lose customers due to people not fitting in the car. When I had my '07, I fit in like a glove. Perfect fit. Any smaller though, would have made it kind of uncomfortable. When I owned the '00 though, it was almost WAY too small for me. If it wasn't a vert, I don't know how I would have fit in there.
Which is why I think Mercury ought to have a Cougar based on a slightly stretched Mustang chassis, that is a touch larger, more refined and with more features, kind of a gentleman's pony car. That would both inject a bit of life into Mercury's torpid lineup and offer an option for those of, well, a certain size and girth.
Old 10/8/09, 01:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hehe. Like us 6'2" (or taller) guys who require a tad bit extra head room.

But, then it would weigh as much as the Chevy/Dodge equivalent.
Old 10/8/09, 10:55 PM
GT Member

Green sketch is awesome!

This is what Ford needs to be doing. Coming out with a completely bad *** aggressive design. That green sketch is what the car needs. I don't know what it is about Ford, but they are generally way too conservative on their final designs. Although apperently from what I've read, the 2005 concept car was an afterthought to the already designed Mustang. Personally, I loved the concept and still do, better than the 2006 GT I have. Ford needs to make the car look deadly modern and sleek. The concept had that in spades. Although to Ford's credit, they did redesign the front correctly on the new model and give it a more aggressive look, but the rear taillights, UGH! There's just something about the car now that needs a shot of adrenaline. I can't put my finger on it, but I look at the current Mustang and I'm like, "this is the car you parents or grandparents drove". Then I look at that green sketch and that sucker is just plain mean and modern. Aggreesive front attitude and that big rear hip with a huge tire under it. I love it!
Old 10/8/09, 11:47 PM
Cobra Member

Looks very interesting.
Old 10/9/09, 12:54 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
The problem with the green one, for me, is it's lost most of the Mustang styling cues. Yes, it's a great looking car, but not a great looking Mustang.

That's why I like the pencil sketches, agressive yes, Mustang styling cues yes!
Old 10/9/09, 03:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

I would love to see a more aggressive hip along with other curves, but the thing that's always been my favorite thing about the mustang over the years, is between one generation to another, there hasn't been any monumental changes. Each remodel looks somewhat like the last and I think it's done very well for Ford over the years.
Old 10/9/09, 11:50 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by seaclam
This is what Ford needs to be doing. Coming out with a completely bad *** aggressive design. That green sketch is what the car needs. I don't know what it is about Ford, but they are generally way too conservative on their final designs. Although apperently from what I've read, the 2005 concept car was an afterthought to the already designed Mustang. Personally, I loved the concept and still do, better than the 2006 GT I have. Ford needs to make the car look deadly modern and sleek. The concept had that in spades. Although to Ford's credit, they did redesign the front correctly on the new model and give it a more aggressive look, but the rear taillights, UGH! There's just something about the car now that needs a shot of adrenaline. I can't put my finger on it, but I look at the current Mustang and I'm like, "this is the car you parents or grandparents drove". Then I look at that green sketch and that sucker is just plain mean and modern. Aggreesive front attitude and that big rear hip with a huge tire under it. I love it!
Your car is already here but wearing a bow tie :

Quick Reply: 2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread