2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 5/20/15, 12:02 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kay5Oh
Haha that last part made me laugh.

I used Forza that has all the standard mustang colors and a showroom to figure out why colors i wanted.

It was down to blue and black and my top 2....with a flip of the coin, i went with black...but seeing all these DIBs has me questioning myself.

I still think black will look really good once Im done with it.
Sounds sorta like how i did it; except i skipped the forza part.
I didnt even think of forza as a place to go.
This is what ill do next time i want a car.
Old 5/20/15, 12:03 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I used Forza that has all the standard mustang colors and a showroom to figure out why colors i wanted.

It was down to blue and black and my top 2....with a flip of the coin, i went with black...but seeing all these DIBs has me questioning myself.

I was struggling between DIB & Black as well... but went with Black.
Old 5/20/15, 12:05 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by JMan69
I was struggling between DIB & Black as well... but went with Black.
I will be posted pictures once my car get a proper photoshoot.
I was between White, Black, Ruby Red, and DIB.
White and black were too difficult to keep clean.
Ruby Red had $35 more a month in insurance.
So DIB it was.
Old 5/20/15, 12:15 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Just ordered my 2016 Camaro and got my VIN # I am super excited . Lime-green with yellow stripes.
Old 5/20/15, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by 2015DIBGT
I will be posted pictures once my car get a proper photoshoot.
I was between White, Black, Ruby Red, and DIB.
White and black were too difficult to keep clean.
Ruby Red had $35 more a month in insurance.
So DIB it was.
I actually had Wimbledon White in my sights for a minute as this is the original color of my 69 convertible, but I didn't dig the 50th appearance package... everything chrome on my vehicle will be blacked out within days of owning it...
Old 5/20/15, 12:26 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by defiance772
Just ordered my 2016 Camaro and got my VIN # I am super excited . Lime-green with yellow stripes.
Welp, time to deactivate your account here...

Originally Posted by JMan69
I actually had Wimbledon White in my sights for a minute as this is the original color of my 69 convertible, but I didn't dig the 50th appearance package... everything chrome on my vehicle will be blacked out within days of owning it...
I wasn't a fan of the 50th anniversary package at all.
That and the adaptive cruise are the only two things i didnt get.
Plus i wanted recaros and could get them with the 50th ann package.
Old 5/20/15, 01:08 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by defiance772
With those colors it sounds like you ordered yours with the Transformers option package.
Old 5/20/15, 01:55 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Son of Growly
Hi Mustang09girl. The other side of the colour choice issue is once you decide, and are absolutely positively sure that no other colour in the spectrum would ever make you happier than the one you chose and ordered..... Well then you wait and suddenly every other colour is calling to you and you lie awake at night wondering if you made the correct choice. Yup, second guessing is part of the process. Chuckle.

I have always had black cars, I love black cars, but I always wanted a Mustang in yellow, so of course, when I ordered my car I ordered Guard Metallic, and since then have fallen in love with DIB and Ruby Red!

Fun, isn't it?
You nailed it with your response! I was making myself sick yesterday trying to figure out which color I wanted! Black says sports car to me, and that's why I went with it on my first Mustang GT. The Mustang that I drive now, is brilliant silver, because when I walked onto the lot six years ago and saw her sitting there, I just knew. It's a lot harder for me this time around, because I will have this car for a very long time, and it's my 50th birthday gift. And, let's face it, all of the colors are amazing!

I took a survey with a few friends and family and a majority of them said they would go with the ruby red. Does that help my decision? No! I still don't know which color I want! ((screams))
Old 5/20/15, 02:09 PM
V6 Member

I'm thinking about flipping a coin myself! Black is definitely a classy color and that was the color of my first Mustang GT. But, when I saw that ruby red... I started to change my mind for the 2015. Why oh why must this color choice be so hard? LOL
Old 5/20/15, 05:29 PM

Stupid question, but when you place an order are you locked into paying MSRP or can you still neogoitate the price of the order placed.
Old 5/20/15, 05:31 PM
V6 Member

It has been my experience that the price negotiation happens before you place the order, in Canada anyway. The only way my agreed upon price can change now is if the dealer or Ford has an incentive offer at the time of delivery, which will then be passed on to me.
Old 5/20/15, 06:48 PM

Oh, good heavens, please negotiate at the dealer before ordering!! You can save a bunch of money off sticker. Depending on the dealer you might even be able to get below invoice...
Old 5/20/15, 07:13 PM

Ok, last stupid question. When ordering from a dealer, does the order count as a sell for the dealer when the order is placed, or when you actually take delivery. I ask because one of the dealers close by is extremely slow in december, therefore i have better negotiating power during the end of december.
Old 5/20/15, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Cognizantphotos
Ok, last stupid question. When ordering from a dealer, does the order count as a sell for the dealer when the order is placed, or when you actually take delivery. I ask because one of the dealers close by is extremely slow in december, therefore i have better negotiating power during the end of december.
They get credited for the sale when payment is collected and the customer has taken possession of the vehicle, not when it is ordered.
Old 5/20/15, 10:00 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Cognizantphotos
Stupid question, but when you place an order are you locked into paying MSRP or can you still neogoitate the price of the order placed.
I think it depends on the dealer. My dealer showed us the retail price and the dealer invoice price and asked what we wanted to pay. The price difference was a few thousand dollars. We said that we wanted to wait and do any negotiations when the car arrived. They were okay with that. Also, we didn't have to sign any paperwork. We just had to put down a deposit at ordering time. I do think that this is a question you need to ask the sales person, before ordering, if you are concerned.
Old 5/20/15, 10:08 PM
V6 Member

Welp, time to deactivate your account here...

I wasn't a fan of the 50th anniversary package at all.
That and the adaptive cruise are the only two things i didnt get.
Plus i wanted recaros and could get them with the 50th ann package.
Why didn't you like the 50th anniversary appearance package? I had to have it since I turned 50 this year. I like that the package gives the car a "stand out" look. JMO though.
Old 5/21/15, 07:10 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Thank you for your help throughout!
I will be sure to post the better pictures as soon as i pick it up!
You’re very welcome, 2015DIBGT!

Deysha
Old 5/21/15, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by mustang09girl
Why didn't you like the 50th anniversary appearance package? I had to have it since I turned 50 this year. I like that the package gives the car a "stand out" look. JMO though.
I would agree in my opinion. After seeing it, it sets the car aside from the others. Just my opinion though. Just like color that's why they make them different.
Old 5/21/15, 08:59 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by mstray66
I would agree in my opinion. After seeing it, it sets the car aside from the others. Just my opinion though. Just like color that's why they make them different.
Just my opinions here...
I absolutely hate chrome.
I hated the wheels of the 50th.
I couldn't stand the retro look of the front grille.
I wanted the more "fang" looking front grille.
I wanted the Recaros seats.
Plus i wanted the performance pack with the 3.73's and the 6pot Brembos.
And i hate Chrome.

I didn't see the point in buying the 50th car with the Performance Pack and being stuck with the seats i didnt care for.
I also plan on modding my car and i would kick myself in the future if i modified 1/1964.
Old 5/21/15, 08:59 AM

Awesome I'll make first contact with the Internet sales manager and got from there, thankfully living in south Florida I have a good amount of choices of dealerships to choose from.

I think it depends on the dealer. My dealer showed us the retail price and the dealer invoice price and asked what we wanted to pay. The price difference was a few thousand dollars. We said that we wanted to wait and do any negotiations when the car arrived. They were okay with that. Also, we didn't have to sign any paperwork. We just had to put down a deposit at ordering time. I do think that this is a question you need to ask the sales person, before ordering, if you are concerned.

Quick Reply: 2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread