2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 mustang GT questions

Search this Thread

Old 2/16/17, 08:01 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
Did they originally have a dealer markup on it and couldn't sell it?

KBB shows fair market price as $29.4K-$33K.
Old 2/16/17, 08:13 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SpectreH
Did they originally have a dealer markup on it and couldn't sell it?

KBB shows fair market price as $29.4K-$33K.
Since it was a 50th anniversary model, I bet they did. It was previously listed for over 36k. But just recently they lowered the price. It's a nice looking car from the pictures. It's race red with all the bells and whistles.
Old 2/16/17, 09:13 AM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Yeah bro. For sure that first 15 is a scam. They took your 2 trade ins and sold them for max dollar. Then think "oh ****, we can get his brand new truck worth 31k and sell it and dump this flood damaged mustang worth 20k at best. We'll do an even swap so he thinks it's a great deal."

Dealers feed of this kind of transaction. But with the curb rash and smell. I'd keep running from that thing.

For the 50th. That's sounds like a better deal. Mainly bc it and your truck have equal value. Plus it's low miles. It sounds like it sat bc they were asking way to much for it. But check it out and see if it smells etc. This dealer could be buying their cars damaged from wholesale. I would only do it if it's it excellent condition AND they do an even swap.
Old 2/16/17, 09:13 AM
Cobra Member

That being said. Your truck is super nice. And your plan to keep it awhile and sell it later for an 18 GT sounds like the best route imo.
Old 2/16/17, 09:27 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by typesredline
That being said. Your truck is super nice. And your plan to keep it awhile and sell it later for an 18 GT sounds like the best route imo.
Hey thanks man! I believe that first 15 was a scam also. The dealer still has not responded to my text yet so they probably don't want to mess with it since the two vehicles are so close in price. I'll try and reach out to him again this afternoon. I know that Colorado would sell within a week or two. SC is truck country here and the Colorado is a fully loaded Z71 4x4 short box with every option you can get on the truck.
Old 2/16/17, 10:04 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

I'd also point out that the red GT is simply a GT that has the 50th anniversary appearance package, not a true 50th anniversary car (those came only in Wimbledon White and Kona Blue).
Old 2/16/17, 10:58 AM
GT Member

I'd also point out that the red GT is simply a GT that has the 50th anniversary appearance package, not a true 50th anniversary car (those came only in Wimbledon White and Kona Blue).
Thanks for telling me that. I did not know that info. So their banking on someone not knowing the difference thinking that they are getting a collectors car. The dealer still has not replied back. I guess he's pissed because I didn't buy the lemon they were trying to sell.
Old 2/16/17, 12:14 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Yeah, there were only 1964 official 50th anniversary cars, and they had numbered dash plaques if I recall correctly.
Old 2/16/17, 12:41 PM
GT Member

Yeah, there were only 1964 official 50th anniversary cars, and they had numbered dash plaques if I recall correctly.
I thought I saw a thread a while back about the 50th cars being numbered. Well, the dealer got back to me and said they don't own the Ford dealership. So I emailed the used car manager at the Ford dealership and asked if someone could give me a call regarding the mustang. We'll see what they say.
Old 2/16/17, 10:05 PM
Cobra Member

I was thinking that they only came blue or white. Thought I was remembering wrong. But if it's just the appearance package. No way it's a good deal. These dealers around you are scam kings. 36k for a50th appearance pack and even swap on a 31k loaded brand new truck for a flood damaged GT....insane bro.

I was originally thinking they were ignoring you bc with the 50th appearance pack one, they wouldn't be screwing you enough. But "they don't own that dealer" yeah right.

Keep what you got bro and wait for a new 18.
Old 2/17/17, 08:47 AM
GT Member

Well guys, I'm going up to the Ford dealer today at 3 to see if they will do an even swap. One question, Chevrolet is supposed to mail me my title. I bought the truck on 1/14 and still have not received it in the mail. Will the bill of sale do? or can the dealer get the title from the DMV via an electronic copy?
Old 2/17/17, 02:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang-4.6
Well guys, I'm going up to the Ford dealer today at 3 to see if they will do an even swap. One question, Chevrolet is supposed to mail me my title. I bought the truck on 1/14 and still have not received it in the mail. Will the bill of sale do? or can the dealer get the title from the DMV via an electronic copy?
I'm sure it depends on your state but I'm pretty sure you'll need your title. Also, why are you doing this to yourself? Keep your truck or trade it in on the perfect Mustang at the dealer you want to buy from (not this loser). You're not that far from new pricing, and if you buy new the interest rate is pretty darn low. With that kind of equity in the truck it'd be a small or nonexistent loan anyway.
Old 2/18/17, 08:06 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by berzerk_1980
I'm sure it depends on your state but I'm pretty sure you'll need your title. Also, why are you doing this to yourself? Keep your truck or trade it in on the perfect Mustang at the dealer you want to buy from (not this loser). You're not that far from new pricing, and if you buy new the interest rate is pretty darn low. With that kind of equity in the truck it'd be a small or nonexistent loan anyway.
I would finance a new one but I'm currently separated from my wife and I actually consigned on her new Colorado last summer. Stupid move looking back now but I was trying to keep her payments low and I have great credit. That's what sparked my interest in that truck to begin with. Well, I looked at the 2015 yesterday and took it out. It was in pristine condition with only 540 miles on the odometer but the cars battery was dead when I tried to open up the doors. After getting it jumped started I drove it and it drove really well. The 5.0 sounded fantastic! However, when I got back to the dealership. The salesman said they would give me 31k trade for the z71 and wanted $1800 on top of that for the mustang. I said no way and started to walk off, then he said well how about $800? Again, I said even trade or nothing. I don't care if the car is like brand new, there is no way I would cough up any more money for that car.
Old 2/18/17, 08:15 AM
GT Member

Here are two pictures I took of that mustang. The red looks better in person imo.