The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2015 - 2023 MUSTANG (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f806/)
-   -   2015 mustang GT questions (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f806/2015-mustang-gt-questions-543404/)

Mustang-4.6 2/9/17 04:47 PM

2015 mustang GT questions

Hey guys, I traded my 10 GT and ranger in about a month ago for a new Colorado Z71 4x4. I didn't drive my 10 except on the weekends. I tried to back out of the deal soon afterwards but found out the GM of the dealership bought my 10 and the ranger was wholesaled off. About thirty minutes after getting off the phone with the sales manager, I received a call from my salesman asking if I would like to do an even trade for a black 2015 mustang gt premium auto with the 20 wheels. The mustang has 6k miles on it. I'm seriously contemplating doing the trade because I miss the v8. The Colorado has good power for a v6. It's the same v6 that's in the new Camaro. I like the Colorado but I'm a mustang guy. I'm just wondering if the 2015 5.0 would be a good daily driver? I went to a couple of dealerships last weekend test driving new 17 premiums and they all seemed to drive differently than my 10 and the interior felt more cramped. My 2010 had the glass roof so maybe that opened up the cabin. I do like the interior a lot of the 15, it's really nice. I was wondering what owners have to say that daily drive their GT everyday rain or shine? Also what is the difference between Sync 2 and 3? I'm still on the fence so I'm just trying to get all the info I might be missing. Thanks as always! Andrew

Mustang-4.6 2/10/17 03:37 PM

Here are a couple of pictures the dealer took of the car a little while ago. It's pretty tempting!https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...7fb6065d2f.pnghttps://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...ad00ee65bc.png

Mustang-4.6 2/10/17 03:43 PM

I forgot to mention the Colorado is fully paid off.

Jazzman442 2/10/17 03:57 PM

Are they both about the same amount? Remember the Truck will hold its value better?

Mustang-4.6 2/10/17 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzman442 (Post 7007802)
Are they both about the same amount? Remember the Truck will hold its value better?

I've ran the numbers on Kelley, Nada, and edmunds and the truck is worth about 3 to 4K more. That's why I'm trying to get them to swap out the summer tires with all season. The truck will hold its value better. I believe the mustang will deprecate about 44% over 5 years versus the Colorado's 58%. I'm just on the fence. I wish I could have both.

typesredline 2/10/17 08:12 PM

I wouldn't do it bro. Seems to me like the dealer is playing a shady game.

There's probably an issue with the mustang. That's why it's low miles and for sale. They get you to swap a problem car that they probably paid cheap for. Then get your brand new truck to mark up big time and sell....again.

So they made big money on the sale of the truck and make big money again on when they sell it used. Plus they got rid of an issue.

It's fishy to me the GM of a dealership would buy a 2010 GT when he makes enough and has the access to buy whatever he wants. The 10, no offense, was nothing special. I think they are full of it and are just saying that to push this other deal on you. I bet they're licking they're lips.

Keep your brand new paid off truck.

Mustang-4.6 2/11/17 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by typesredline (Post 7007824)

There's probably an issue with the mustang. That's why it's low miles and for sale. They get you to swap a problem car that they probably paid cheap for. Then get your brand new truck to mark up big time and sell....again.

So they made big money on the sale of the truck and make big money again on when they sell it used. Plus they got rid of an issue.

It's fishy to me the GM of a dealership would buy a 2010 GT when he makes enough and has the access to buy whatever he wants. The 10, no offense, was nothing special. I think they are full of it and are just saying that to push this other deal on you. I bet they're licking they're lips.

I think the dealer wants to unload the mustang because it's been sitting on their lot for a few months and Colorado's here in SC have been selling like hot cakes and they know they can flip that truck pretty fast. I probably will keep the truck even though I would love to have a newer style GT. With my 2010 no offense taken I know it's no 11+ mustang gt but it was a car in pristine condition with only 11k miles on her and was fully loaded. He probably bought the car for one of his kids to drive everyday. In hindsight I should have just kept my 10 but at the time felt like I needed a new truck for the house.

Jazzman442 2/11/17 12:49 PM

Is that year Mustang part of the Air Bag recall? If it is that's your answer.

Mustang-4.6 2/11/17 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzman442 (Post 7007889)
Is that year Mustang part of the Air Bag recall? If it is that's your answer.

The 10 is the 15 isn't, though there seems to be a TSB out on the 15 for something. I just got from Lowes and had to pick up several bags of Mulch. I wonder how many could fit in the stang? I never tried on my 10 because my wife had a truck and I had a older ranger I could use.

Mustang-4.6 2/15/17 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by typesredline (Post 7007824)

Hey man! I think you might have been correct. I went to look at the car yesterday and noticed immediately that the car had a mildew smell and I looked on the side of the door to see the build date and it said 2/15. The car should still have some new smell left. Then I checked out the exterior. No dents but the front bumper had some scratches on the bottom and of course there was some curb rash on the wheels. The dealer said he would have the wheels repaired. So I took the car for a test drive and pulled over to pop the hood and I noticed a couple of the rubber tubes in the engine bay looked like possible dry rot. So I drove the car back and got in my truck and drove off. So I'm thinking I'll keep the truck for about a year then put it in auto trader and sell it privately then go get into a 2018 mustang gt. Non black this time mainly for the maintenance associated with owning a black car. Been there before. I took a picture of the engine. You can see one of the hoses looks dry rotted.https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...8a051e17ba.png

Mustang-4.6 2/15/17 06:59 AM

Here are a couple pics of the Colorado. It's one of the only trucks I really like at the moment besides the Raptor which is out of my price point new. https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...4d362d0339.jpghttps://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...fe9760d7b6.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...72e607191c.jpg

SpectreH 2/15/17 07:08 AM

While I'm not a truck person, I would not trade if you suspect the Mustang has issues. There's a reason why a 2015 has 6K miles and is still at the dealer.

Mustang-4.6 2/15/17 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by SpectreH (Post 7008182)
While I'm not a truck person, I would not trade if you suspect the Mustang has issues. There's a reason why a 2015 has 6K miles and is still at the dealer.

My point exactly! I'm not really a truck person either I just wanted more room than I had in the mustang and ranger and I liked the Colorado's looks and power. I just miss having that v8 sound.

Jazzman442 2/15/17 08:40 AM

Keep the truck. Then look for a Low mile Mustang and buy it. I have a 2004 suburban I will never part with.

I just bought my son a 2014 really cheap because of the air bag recall.

Garbone 2/15/17 04:20 PM

Dryrot Hose

1. I daily mine in the Seattle area, and I have absolutely no issues. Well at least since I got all season tires for the colder months. The Pirelli P-Zero's suck.
2. If you are referring to the hose that looks hazed over with a chalky look, then just wipe it off. For some reason, that rubber hazes over constantly, but just a wipe, and it looks new.

I had a truck, and while they are very handy, people either wanted me to help, or they wanted to borrow my truck for hauling...decided to get a car, cause I like my friends too much...:)

Mustang-4.6 2/16/17 06:01 AM

Ok, so the dealer that I bought my truck from also has a ford dealership with a used red 2015 GT 50th anniversary edition mustang for sell with 536 miles on her. It was listed at 36k but they reduced it to 32k. I wonder what kind of deal I could work on that car? It's been sitting there for awhile. My truck trade in wise is worth between 30 and 31k. It also helps that these new Colorado and Canyon trucks hold onto their value really well. It was ranked number 3 in resale on Kelley blue book right behind the 4 runner and number one Tacoma.

SpectreH 2/16/17 06:14 AM

If they would do an even swap, I'd consider it. But keep in mind, that 2015 is several years old now from a value perspective.

Mustang-4.6 2/16/17 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by SpectreH (Post 7008253)
If they would do an even swap, I'd consider it. But keep in mind, that 2015 is several years old now from a value perspective.

My thinking as well. If the car only has 536 miles though it's basically like new. I texted the dealer earlier so we'll see.

Jazzman442 2/16/17 07:28 AM

Makes me wonder why a new car at almost 2 years old only has 536 miles on it.

Mustang-4.6 2/16/17 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzman442 (Post 7008258)
Makes me wonder why a new car at almost 2 years old only has 536 miles on it.

I wondered that too. Maybe the first owner took the car home and his wife made him return it. Or they were like me and bought it and decided it wasn't for them. But why would it be sitting there for so long?