Attached Images  
Old 6/3/13, 09:18 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sure....
Old 6/3/13, 09:23 AM
Bullitt Member

I think they've remade the old special editions more than enough and should come out with some new ones.
Hell I'd be happy if they just made an SVT mustang that slots in between the GT and cobra and kept it pemanently. There's a large price gap between the two right now.
Old 6/3/13, 09:34 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by MadMoose
I think they've remade the old special editions more than enough and should come out with some new ones.
Hell I'd be happy if they just made an SVT mustang that slots in between the GT and cobra and kept it pemanently. There's a large price gap between the two right now.
Did you say gt350?
Old 6/3/13, 08:14 PM
Cobra Member

A nice dark green is my favorite color so I've been a bit disappointed that Ford relegates its Mustang availability to a special edition like the Bullitt. That said, I'd be fine seeing another Bullitt if it means I get to see Highland Green!
Old 6/4/13, 01:46 PM

Yeah, Ford has tended to dip too readily into the retro well waters of past glories and legends or yesterday rather than creating new ones for tomorrow. That said, I do like the general concept of the Bullitt -- a very understated and tasteful performance upgrade for those of us past the acne years -- and would hope that they create a model in that vein for 2015, even if by a different name. I thought a Bullitt swan song model for 2014 would have been great, basically lifting all the Boss's performance bits but tastefully attired in pressed khakis and a turtleneck (imagine Steve McQueen here) rather than the Boss's neon Zoot suit outfit.
Old 6/4/13, 03:49 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rhumb
Yeah, Ford has tended to dip too readily into the retro well waters of past glories and legends or yesterday rather than creating new ones for tomorrow. That said, I do like the general concept of the Bullitt -- a very understated and tasteful performance upgrade for those of us past the acne years -- and would hope that they create a model in that vein for 2015, even if by a different name. I thought a Bullitt swan song model for 2014 would have been great, basically lifting all the Boss's performance bits but tastefully attired in pressed khakis and a turtleneck (imagine Steve McQueen here) rather than the Boss's neon Zoot suit outfit.
I kind of thought this too. The Bullitt will always be cool in my book. I just wish they would bring a dark green back.
Old 6/4/13, 06:45 PM

I agree with all that's been said. Dark Highland Green is THE color I want. I'd like to have it on a regular GT, but if it's only available on an tastefully modded, clean looking high performance version I won't complain.
Old 6/4/13, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Automagically

I kind of thought this too. The Bullitt will always be cool in my book. I just wish they would bring a dark green back.
Yeah, great color, reminds me of the two dark green Country Squire wagons we had growing up, a '67 390 and a '73 400 as I recall.
Old 6/4/13, 07:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Since I plan on getting one more mustang and I lost my bullitt in my divorce in 2010, I wouldn't mind them bringing it back again. Of the many mustangs I've owned, the bullitt was my favorite. I have often thought of buying a lightly used one and transplanting a 5.0. That would be the poop! I would buy an understated mildly performance enhanced version of the new car though, and dark highland green is an awesome color.

Last edited by smitty; 6/4/13 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 6/4/13, 09:19 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
what Cobra?
Old 6/5/13, 08:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by bob

what Cobra?
You know, that Shelby gt500 thing parading around with cobra badges all over it.
Old 6/5/13, 09:06 AM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

You know, that Shelby gt500 thing parading around with cobra badges all over it.
Exactly that Shelby GT500 awesome sauce parading around with Carroll Shelby's trademark on it.
Old 6/5/13, 09:11 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by rhumb
Completely agree.
Old 6/5/13, 09:46 AM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

I don't mind Ford recycling past product names/themes as long as they stay true to the concept.

In my mind this creates the sort of familiarity that allows a person to identify with the sort of vehicle they want or see. When you think of Boss, you think of a great handling car with a high revving small displacement V8, the Bullitt an understated appearance with a well sorted chassis and brakes, the GT500 is a high horsepower monster, the Mach 1 as car that is more drag race focused and so on.

Imagine if Ford decided to introduce the Ooglesnort 5000 for whatever reason as the new Bullitt, not only are they going to have to distance the car in some fashion but why would you call it the Ooglesnort 5000 if its painted Highland Green with a well sorted chassis and brakes with an understated appearance and whatever interpretation of the Bullitt wheel goes on there if it instantly reminds people that its a Bullitt in every way except the name.

A good example of this is just a few posts above (and while I'm obviously fine with it because Shelby GT500s are awesome sauce) just look at the number of people who resolutely see no difference between the Cobra and GT500 and don't see the point in calling the GT500 a GT500 when to them its essentially the S-197 evolution of the Cobra.

I suspect if Ford does the same with the next Boss type car as the GT350 you will see similar behavior. (although in my mind having a GT-GT350-GT500 product naming scheme is fairly intuitive)

Last edited by bob; 6/5/13 at 09:49 AM.
Old 6/5/13, 12:32 PM

I'd buy anything called an Ooglesnort 5000 no matter what color it was!
Old 6/5/13, 01:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
I think it would depend on how the final styling could be modified to be "lower key". The mechanicals are reasonably well-defined based on past iterations. I am thinking the Bullitts have been recognized for not only green but "clean".
Old 6/5/13, 05:20 PM
Banned

eh... I didn't care for the last one all that much. Only cuz the factory wheels had next to no dish to them at all, and plus the lines of the 05-09 just don't really work well with bullitt. Now a '14 Bullitt? with properly dished wheels and factory Borla? yes.
Old 6/6/13, 05:47 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I truly think the 05-14 years were perfect for a Bullitt. I was hoping they'd do something similar to the 08-09, but borrow bits from the Boss and GT500, without diluting them too much.
Old 6/6/13, 01:11 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Yep, this would have been the perfect swansong for the S197. Alas, it wasn't to be.......

I'm not sure if S550 will be able to pull this off. It'll depend just obviously "Mustang" it looks. If there aren't too many references to the '67/'68 era cars, it won't work quite as well.

Besides, personally, I'd prefer Ford just to offer DHG as a standard colour and let customers choose just how they do or don't want to try and recreate Frank Bullitt's old ride.

Quick Reply: 2015 Bullitt?