Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

TSB 12-3-1 "engine tick"

Search this Thread

Old 3/24/12, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSB 12-3-1 "engine tick"

Hello everyone. First real post. Thought i would share my latest repairs so maybe someone else can benefit. Is 12-3-1 a new TSB just issued? I had the infamous tick in my 11', just like the one SurfnSoCal and many others have complained about, sounds just like the video with the grabber blue that is posted all over. I have had this tick almost since the car was new. Ford directed dealer to perform TSB 12-3-1 as my paperwork states. Timing chain tensioner driver side was replaced, water pump replaced, and v belt replaced, and a flurry of gaskets and seals. 3 weeks later the tick is gone. If u have the "tick" ask about this TSB. I havent seen any info on 12-3-1 posted anywhere else yet.
Old 4/26/12, 08:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by KIOT5-0
Hello everyone. First real post. Thought i would share my latest repairs so maybe someone else can benefit. Is 12-3-1 a new TSB just issued? I had the infamous tick in my 11', just like the one SurfnSoCal and many others have complained about, sounds just like the video with the grabber blue that is posted all over. I have had this tick almost since the car was new. Ford directed dealer to perform TSB 12-3-1 as my paperwork states. Timing chain tensioner driver side was replaced, water pump replaced, and v belt replaced, and a flurry of gaskets and seals. 3 weeks later the tick is gone. If u have the "tick" ask about this TSB. I havent seen any info on 12-3-1 posted anywhere else yet.
I had an intermittent rattling noise from the front of the engine that came and went every 5 seconds or so once the car was warmed up. Took it to the dealer and the repair notes indicate TSB 12-3-1. Full text from the notes below:
"Customer states at idle notices a belt/plled scraping noise starts after car has warmed up for a few minutes. Verify confern, TSB 12-3-1 removed serpentine belt and noise went away. Ordered coolant pump. R&R coolant pump, fill fluid and purge air from system. Retest. Ok."
Parts list only shows the Water Pump assembly, thermostat seal and a new clamp. Problem seems to be completely gone.