Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

TSB 11-11-1 - 82MT

Search this Thread

Old 3/4/13, 06:53 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSB 11-11-1 - 82MT

I've read this service bulletin, and it does not apply to my car because of the build date. My car was build in January of 2012, but I still have the notchiness going from 1st to 2nd any time I start the car and shift it for the first time. This is especially noticeable when the engine is cold. The dealer told me that the fluid had been changed over when the car was build, since it was after the date on the TSB. I don't know whether to believe that or not, but it seems to be getting worse, especially in cold weather or when the engine is cold.

Has anyone had any success in getting this issue resolved?

Thanks.
Old 3/4/13, 07:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red Line MTL fixed it for me. Forget the dealer and just do a fluid swap with a quality synthetic and you will thank yourself.
Old 3/13/13, 12:57 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Broadway
I've read this service bulletin, and it does not apply to my car because of the build date. My car was build in January of 2012, but I still have the notchiness going from 1st to 2nd any time I start the car and shift it for the first time. This is especially noticeable when the engine is cold. The dealer told me that the fluid had been changed over when the car was build, since it was after the date on the TSB. I don't know whether to believe that or not, but it seems to be getting worse, especially in cold weather or when the engine is cold.

Has anyone had any success in getting this issue resolved?

Thanks.
Hey Michael Broadway,

Please, make an appointment with your dealer as soon as possible. Then, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate this to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha