Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

tick and whine

Search this Thread

Old 10/16/11, 02:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tick and whine

Well my car now has a constant tick on the passenger side and now has a very audible whine in gears 1-3 so ill be hopefully taking it in soon to see what options i have. I was praying my car wouldnt have these issues, wishful thinking.
Old 10/16/11, 11:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

How many miles on the car !
Not much you can do but bring it in and have the dealer look at it and make sure they hear the tick and whine so they can build a case for you. Don't accept them to tell you that it is " normal caractheristic " of the car, that is total BS. Otherwise have Deysha escalate this for you. She's here on this site and you can find her on most of the service issue threads from this site. She'll probably read your thread when she comes in Monday morning for work. Good luck with everything and keep us posted.
Old 10/16/11, 12:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks, yeah I'll make sure that they hear the noises. The gear whine is hard to miss while driving it and the tick you can clearly hear if your stick your head under the hood and I can still here it just walking near the car. It just turned over 5000 miles not to long ago.
Old 10/16/11, 06:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Both of these issues have been discussed countless times, so if you want to know more just use the " search" button, and be prepare to do a whole lot of reading.
Old 10/17/11, 07:47 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackbird.
Well my car now has a constant tick on the passenger side and now has a very audible whine in gears 1-3...
Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Not much you can do but bring it in and have the dealer look at it and make sure they hear the tick and whine so they can build a case for you. Otherwise have Deysha escalate this for you. She's here on this site and you can find her on most of the service issue threads from this site. She'll probably read your thread when she comes in Monday morning for work. Good luck with everything and keep us posted.
Yup, and here I am Blackbird! Please make an appointment with your dealer for diagnosis and PM me with your dealer, VIN, and contact info so I can escalate this for you. BTW... Thanks, montreal ponies!

Deysha
Old 1/5/12, 04:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Embarassing to say but i've been so damned busy this holiday I really haven't had a chance to take it to the dealer and the engine tick has gotten louder and the whine from the tranny has not gone away (why would it?). I'm hoping (really hoping) I'll be taking it in this Monday to have it checked out. I hate to neglect the car like this but on the bright side I don't drive it daily.
Old 1/5/12, 07:01 AM

Embarassing to say but i've been so damned busy this holiday I really haven't had a chance to take it to the dealer and the engine tick has gotten louder and the whine from the tranny has not gone away (why would it?). I'm hoping (really hoping) I'll be taking it in this Monday to have it checked out. I hate to neglect the car like this but on the bright side I don't drive it daily.
Let me know when you make your appointment, Blackbird.

Deysha
Old 1/10/12, 12:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Dropped it off yesterday. Dealer said they won't be able to look at it until Wednesday. Let the waiting game begin.
Old 1/11/12, 07:37 AM

Dropped it off yesterday. Dealer said they won't be able to look at it until Wednesday. Let the waiting game begin.
Got it. I'll PM you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 1/12/12, 11:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks Deysha
Old 1/12/12, 06:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Well the info I got from Marisol was that the engine tick is normal. Apparently the sound is from the injectors and is operating as designed. The whine: the dealer was told by the engineers to test drive a new car from the lot. Apparently it makes the same noise and told the dealer to do nothing. I plan on asking if I can drive a new one and see if I hear the same thing. Other than that can injectors really be that noisy? Oh and there's a paint blemish on the hood that was beginning to bubble. They set they're going to repair. I hope it looks good. Thank you Deysha for the help.
Old 1/13/12, 09:43 AM

Thank you Deysha for the help.
You're very welcome, Blackbird.!!

Deysha
Old 1/14/12, 10:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Anyone else find the injectors a plausible sound to be hearing as a tick? Or have had the dealer tell them the same thing?
Old 1/15/12, 07:27 PM
V6 Member

Anyone else find the injectors a plausible sound to be hearing as a tick? Or have had the dealer tell them the same thing?
the injecters are pretty noisy. when I'm in the drive-thru at a fast-food joint I can hear them ticking, it makes the coyote almost sound like a diesel.
Old 1/15/12, 07:31 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by whoah

the injecters are pretty noisy. when I'm in the drive-thru at a fast-food joint I can hear them ticking, it makes the coyote almost sound like a diesel.
install a blower and blank out all of those noises )