Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Throttle Body Assembly - 2011 3.7L

Search this Thread

Old 4/24/11, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Throttle Body Assembly - 2011 3.7L

Driving my 2011 V6 PP w/ just over 9k miles last Saturday, car went into failsafe mode (Dropped to idle - no power but kept running) and wrench light on dash lit up. Pulled off the road and ran vehicle health report through nav system. Vehicle Health Report came back with Powertrain Malfunction - Reduced Power error under Engine, Transmission, & Emissions in the report. Shut car off, turned back on (wrench and check engine light now illuminated). Drove to nearest dealer and they got the car in and checked the code (nice of them to do that on a Saturday with no appointment). They said it needs a throttle body assembly and that the part needed to be ordered. I was told it would be five days and I got a rental car and checked back on Friday. Apparently, the part is on back order and none are available in my area. I called Ford Customer Service to get some action on that front and they called the dealer to speak with the service advisor. I got a call back and they said they will get back to me on Tuesday morning to give me status. Everyone has been nice so far, however I am now into my second week in a rental car and it is an expense that I was not expecting. I hope the part issue gets cleared up soon so I can get back in my car. I guess this is one of those cases when you have a first-year engine and the parts availability is limited.
Old 4/24/11, 10:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sucks. You are stuck paying the rental bill? No way....
Old 4/24/11, 10:22 PM

Yep...but I plan on having a talk with Ford about that on Tuesday.
Old 4/24/11, 10:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's total BS. No way you should be stuck with the bill, I'd be livid.

Hope it works out for you.
Old 4/25/11, 07:35 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
I wonder, why didn't the dealer just let you have a 'used' car off their lot to drive.
Old 4/25/11, 11:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts
my dealership gives out a rental if you will be without your car for more than a day. I say make them pay.
Old 4/25/11, 10:11 PM

Follow Up

Ford Corporate called today and it sounds like they are trying to do all they can to rectify the situation. I wasn't expecting to hear anything until tomorrow, so I appreciate them getting back to me so soon. They are trying to locate the part and expedite it to the dealer as soon as possible. They also said that the rental is covered. Based on some of the customer service interactions I have had recently with other companies - I must say that I am very impressed with how responsive Ford has been. I sure do miss my car - hopefully it will be back home soon.
Old 4/27/11, 08:20 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by ASU05GT
Ford Corporate called today and it sounds like they are trying to do all they can to rectify the situation. I wasn't expecting to hear anything until tomorrow, so I appreciate them getting back to me so soon. They are trying to locate the part and expedite it to the dealer as soon as possible. They also said that the rental is covered. Based on some of the customer service interactions I have had recently with other companies - I must say that I am very impressed with how responsive Ford has been. I sure do miss my car - hopefully it will be back home soon.
Very happy to hear they are working with you on this ASU05GT.

Deysha
Old 4/28/11, 09:27 AM

Part arrived - picked up car yesterday

I got a call from the service advisor yesterday morning - the part had arrived. I picked the car up yesterday and provided the rental receipt to them. Aside from the wait for the part - I am satisfied with Ford's effort to keep me posted on the status of the situation and how the overall process has been handled.

I wonder how long the throttle body was messed up? It now seems like throttle response is much better and shifting is smoother as a result. And I thought that it was MY fault that all the shifts weren't smooth.
Old 4/30/11, 01:46 PM

Good to hear Ford is taking care of things. I am glad they have someone on here following up with members as well.

I'm actually sitting at the dealership right now having my throttle body replaced. My wrench light kept going on and off. Today was the 4th time. I drove it straight to the dealership to have them test it. My comp previously wasn't keeping a history of the earlier wrench lights so we had no idea. Now with it the light on they found the problem. This caused some weird occurrences and throttle response while driving.
Old 4/30/11, 05:27 PM

Stick - that situation sounds very familiar. Good that they had the part in stock and that they are getting you taken care of. Throttle response is much more 'normal' now that mine has been replaced. Good Luck!
Old 4/30/11, 05:29 PM

P.S. Yes, Deysha with Ford Customer Service Division - thank you. Nate handled things with my situation very well. It is nice to know that Ford is watching and monitoring the customer experience.
Old 5/3/11, 10:07 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by ASU05GT
P.S. Yes, Deysha with Ford Customer Service Division - thank you. Nate handled things with my situation very well. It is nice to know that Ford is watching and monitoring the customer experience.
That is definitely great to hear!

Deysha