Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Suspension Squeak.....Seriously?

Search this Thread

Old 6/11/14, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got a 2014 GT Premium like yours that had the same squeak. My dealer replaced both lower front control arms and added heat shields with the new ones. Squeaks gone for good. Easy fix. Parts were in stock. The whole solution is described in a Ford Tech Service Bulletin (TSB). Get the latest bulletin on this. Silence ahhhh.......

HF
Old 6/16/14, 07:48 PM

Hey got the same issue on my 13' Stang 19,000kms there was a squeaking noise last month and i went to my dealer and here is what was done:
- Replaced both lower control arms and installed shields around the arms
- Throttle body PCM Calibration updated

Now, since i got it all done last week on Friday i noticed noise is back (bit loud). Before i call the dealer again to get rid of this noise if there anything specific i need to ask them to replace/fix?

Please give me some tips.

cheers
Hans
Old 6/17/14, 02:33 PM

Sorry everyone to jump on this again as I would love to hear back from any of u regarding this issue
Old 6/18/14, 07:52 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by HarleyFrank
I've got a 2014 GT Premium like yours that had the same squeak. My dealer replaced both lower front control arms and added heat shields with the new ones. Squeaks gone for good. Easy fix. Parts were in stock. The whole solution is described in a Ford Tech Service Bulletin (TSB). Get the latest bulletin on this. Silence ahhhh.......

HF
Thank you for the update, HarleyFrank!

Originally Posted by Hansthak
Hey got the same issue on my 13' Stang 19,000kms there was a squeaking noise last month and i went to my dealer and here is what was done:

Now, since i got it all done last week on Friday i noticed noise is back (bit loud). Before i call the dealer again to get rid of this noise if there anything specific i need to ask them to replace/fix?
Welcome to the forum, Hansthak! I’ll have our FordServiceCA Rep on this forum chime in.

Deysha
Old 6/18/14, 08:16 AM
CURRENTLY NOT ACTIVE ON THIS SITE DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Originally Posted by FordService
I’ll have our FordServiceCA Rep on this forum chime in.
Thanks, Deysha!

Originally Posted by Hansthak

Thanks for reaching out, Hansthak. It's a pleasure to meet you! I'd like to connect you with a regional customer service manager to assist. Please send me a private message with your full name, dealership information, VIN, and best daytime contact number.

Brittany
Old 6/20/14, 08:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I forgot to report back that the rim was replaced by Ford under warranty. It was a complicated issue as these are OEM wheels, but they didn't come with this car. I bought them. That's how I know they had no damage. I verified it before handing over the cash and when I hand waxed them before installation. The dealer ordered a replacement wheel based on my VIN. Well, the base GT 5 spoke wheel showed up and the service writer was mad at me for not telling her that I replaced the rim. I asked what difference it made when she sent pictures to Ford of the damage and they approved the replacing of that wheel. Oh well.

The squeak appears to be gone for now. The car has 2800 miles now and there hasn't been a squeak since repair.