Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

"Service AdvanceTrac" warning?

Search this Thread

Old 4/12/13, 04:23 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question "Service AdvanceTrac" warning?

It's only happened three times, and only briefly . . . each time after I'd driven awhile, during low-speed parking maneuvers.

1) Anybody else experience this?

2) Could this be related to the weird, floating feeling/tramlining I've experienced in the steering?
Old 4/12/13, 05:58 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Not really sure exactly what it is youre asking here.
Old 4/12/13, 11:39 AM
GT Member

Yeah, so if the warning was on continuously, it would be obvious that it was a problem . . . this has only happened a few times, and then gone away.

So I'm wondering if I should do something about it, and if it could be a contributing factor to a handling problem.
Old 4/12/13, 02:00 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Rabbi Mike
Yeah, so if the warning was on continuously, it would be obvious that it was a problem . . . this has only happened a few times, and then gone away.

So I'm wondering if I should do something about it, and if it could be a contributing factor to a handling problem.
Could it be maybe some slippage in the differential is causimg it to go off. Do you ever feel like theres a loss of traction when the lught flashes?
Old 4/22/13, 04:34 PM
GT Member

I don't feel a loss of traction . . . the car feels sloppy, like it's on ice. I've had it aligned three times by two different shops. The consensus is that it's the new tires. Just checking all avenues before replacing brand-new $800 tires :-(
Old 4/25/13, 07:11 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
It's only happened three times, and only briefly . . . each time after I'd driven awhile, during low-speed parking maneuvers.

2) Could this be related to the weird, floating feeling/tramlining I've experienced in the steering?
Hello Rabbi Mike,

I recommend you bring it in to your dealer as soon as possible and have it diagnosed. Your Service Manager is in the best position to look into this for you. He can check into any warranty, assistance, Recalls, or Customer Satisfaction Programs that may apply to your vehicle. Let me know the outcome.

Deysha
Old 4/27/13, 08:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Low speed parking maneuvers? Your car is telling you it doesn't like to run errands lol.
Old 8/15/13, 10:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
This happened to my car this morning. I was rounding a corner while driving up the parking garage when the steering suddenly yanked to the left (I was turning right) and the "Service AdvanceTrac" message popped up. I parked and did a walk around of the car and didn't see anything obvious. I restarted and no more message and everything acted normal. There was no check engine light but I used my code scanner just be sure and no codes.
Old 8/18/13, 12:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I don't feel a loss of traction . . . the car feels sloppy, like it's on ice. I've had it aligned three times by two different shops. (

Did the alignment shops check the "steering position sensor calibration" with a scanner? Alignment changes can cause SAS signal data to be inaccurate. Uneven power assist can often be fixed by calibration.

This is just some info I learned at a EPS seminar. I'm not an expert at this.