Notices
Warranty and Service Issue

Paint bubbling.

Old 4/12/19, 10:39 AM
Cobra R Member

Liked 112 Times in 105 Posts
I think Deysha is long gone, haven't seen her on any of these forums for a year or two or three.

To deal with the paint bubbling problem, go to your dealer BEFORE the bumper-to-bumper warranty is over and you might have some luck.
Old 4/12/19, 10:44 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
I think Deysha is long gone, haven't seen her on any of these forums for a year or two or three.

To deal with the paint bubbling problem, go to your dealer BEFORE the bumper-to-bumper warranty is over and you might have some luck.
Hey thanks! Looks like they released a TSB, so at least they have something that directs work.
Old 4/13/19, 10:11 PM
I tweaked the button...
...and got lucky!

Liked 134 Times in 119 Posts
Well, this ol' thread again! Cool.

While we're here, check this video from Hoovie's Garage regarding his McLaren MP-12C's hood.

Check it out from the 3:00 mark.

Same. Dang. Thing.

From an exotic, expensive car. Aluminum hood, and paint bubbles.

Also, their corrosion warranty? 5 years. Compared to Ford's lifetime. How 'bout that, eh?

For what all that's worth. Kinda glad to see it because it means it's a common enough issue having trouble to get the paint to stick, but then, it sucks because the paint doesn't stick even on that high end a car.

/Kinda funny, if you know how the aluminum panel 'works', he thinks it'll rust away. In a million generations maybe?

Last edited by houtex; 4/13/19 at 10:12 PM.