Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Need an opinion! Seems like its taking too long to fix my car.

Search this Thread

Old 6/7/18, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need an opinion! Seems like its taking too long to fix my car.

Hey guys!!!

So about 7 or 8 months ago I traded in the ole v6 mustang for a 2013 gt/cs. Awesome car, only had 35k miles when I got it. Id say in January the heated seat and the electric motor both stopped working. The electric seat worked, just wasn't on the track fully, it would do everything expect go up and down in the back. The heated seat did not work at all, and I got this strange little indent in the back of my seat.

Okay, so I never really had time to take it in until last week. Took the car to my local dealer, westway ford. Ive been to their body shop and they have done awesome work so I figured, why the hell not.

After I took the car in, the next day they called to tell me what was wrong. Heated seat needed to be replaced as well as the electric seat motor or track, I'm not too sure. It was covered under my MPP warranty so I told them to go ahead and start.

So, a week later they call me again with bad news. They told me they got the new heater put in, but now the top heater doesn't work. I asked them why they didn't replace both heaters if it didn't work at all, and she said they would've ordered the top heater last week too, but when they tested it, it worked just fine, but after they installed the bottom heater, there is now an open circuit somewhere in the car.

I don't want to jump the gun so quickly, but to me it sounds like they messed something up. I don't understand how the top heater was tested last week and was "fine" but after they installed the bottom heater and a new seat motor, the top heater suddenly has a open circuit.

What do you guys think? I just feel like I'm being lied to, it just doesn't seem like it would take more than a week to fix a seat that used to work just fine...
Old 6/7/18, 11:41 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
Are they going to charge you to fix the top heater?
Old 6/7/18, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by SpectreH
Are they going to charge you to fix the top heater?
At this point I don't know. My extended warranty covered the seat motor as well as the bottom heater. Im assuming they will call my warranty to fix the next problem as well, but I could be wrong.
Old 6/8/18, 10:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Something is not right unless the seat heaters were destroyed by maybe a bad relay box?
Old 6/14/18, 03:42 PM

Update:

My car has now been at the dealer for 16 days.

Still no solution.

The dealer told me they have been talking with ford support to try and fix the open circuit.

Heres what Im a little confused on
If they tested both the top and bottom seat heaters to begin with, then why did the find an open circuit after they replaced the bottom heater and not from the start?