Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Misfire

Search this Thread

Old 8/1/14 | 12:06 PM

Hi, new to the forum. Just jumping in to ask if anyone else has has this problem with a newer-built 2014? I just bought mine this month and only have 350 miles, but seem to be experiencing the miss also. The only problem is that the CEL does not light at all. Will it still throw internal codes that can be read?

To tell the truth, I am a little disappointed about all the things I have read about these cars. I have experienced and just discovered the clunk from the 2-piece driveshaft, the play in the shifter from the lousy bracket, and now the miss.

This is my 6th Mustang (if you count a 77 Mustang II), and the one I was most excited to buy, but it seems like it might be the one with the most glitches. I want to replace the DS with an aluminum 1-piece and the shifter and bracket, but I don't want to void my warranty just fixing the things Ford should have gotten right the first time.

Last edited by Amuzed3437; 8/1/14 at 12:59 PM.
Old 12/4/14 | 10:16 AM

I've been dealing with same issue.. Been to the dealer 5 times now for blinking cel and every time they drive all the gas out of my car and tell me no problem found and oh by the way your about out of gas.. Oh thanks a lot. Last time I even took the tsb for the PCM relearn and crankshaft position sensor o ring and was told they could not do it if they can't find a problem. First time I took it to dealer they told me every cylinder on right bank had pending misfire but could not duplicate issue. I'm so sick of dealing with this issue.. 9,000 miles on my 2013 gt c/s and I hate to drive it now because I never know when then cel is going to pop on.. I know it's either a problem with PCM or crank sensor but just can't get any help.. Love my car but I think it would be easier to sell or trade it because it doesn't look like there is a solution to this problem
Old 12/4/14 | 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by 2013cs
I've been dealing with same issue.. Been to the dealer 5 times now for blinking cel and every time they drive all the gas out of my car and tell me no problem found and oh by the way your about out of gas.. Oh thanks a lot. Last time I even took the tsb for the PCM relearn and crankshaft position sensor o ring and was told they could not do it if they can't find a problem. First time I took it to dealer they told me every cylinder on right bank had pending misfire but could not duplicate issue. I'm so sick of dealing with this issue.. 9,000 miles on my 2013 gt c/s and I hate to drive it now because I never know when then cel is going to pop on.. I know it's either a problem with PCM or crank sensor but just can't get any help.. Love my car but I think it would be easier to sell or trade it because it doesn't look like there is a solution to this problem
Has anyone found a fix??
Old 12/4/14 | 10:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Does your check engine light come on and stay on?

I believe the dealer said a misfire will leaved a code but might not trigger the check engine light to come on.

When my car was flashing the check engine light, I just maintained the RPM until the check engine was solid. That might work for you. If your dealer can't figure it out then, you might need a new dealer haha.
Old 12/4/14 | 12:06 PM

Never stays on.. I've tried maintaining rpm also tried shifting to 6th gear to put under heavy load but no luck yet..
Old 12/4/14 | 06:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Has anyone found a fix??
The fix is the o-ring TSB hands down, your problem is finding a dealer that will do the work. You have two options:

1. Send a PM to Deysha (FordService), who will escalate your case. You won't believe how nice and helpful the dealership becomes as soon as they have a Ford customer care rep breathing down their necks.

2. Take the car to another (hopefully more helpful) Ford dealer.
Old 12/5/14 | 08:05 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Hello 2013cs,

Welcome to the forum! As mfc133 mentioned, let’s get this escalated and looked into as soon as possible. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Originally Posted by mfc133
The fix is the o-ring TSB hands down, your problem is finding a dealer that will do the work. You have two options:
1. Send a PM to Deysha (FordService), who will escalate your case. You won't believe how nice and helpful the dealership becomes as soon as they have a Ford customer care rep breathing down their necks.

2. Take the car to another (hopefully more helpful) Ford dealer.
Thanks for the support, mfc133!

Deysha
Old 1/25/15 | 07:08 PM

I am having this issue on a 2014 GT 5.0 I just bought 2 weeks ago with 5000 miles on it. Sent Deysha a PM. Hopefully she responds quickly. She seems to be very helpful.
Old 1/25/15 | 10:05 PM

13-06-15

http://cdn.lrsstatic.com/downloads/tsb05-14/tsb13-06-15.pdf

Finally got mine fixed... I took it to my local dealer several times to get this tsb done but they wouldn't do it because they said there were no hard codes.. They didn't even know the tsb existed until I printed it out for them.. Anyhow I contacted another dealer about 50 miles from me and they said they would do it for me.. Long story short... No more flashing check engine light.. Just find a dealer that will do it without giving you the run around and test driving "joy riding" in your car for several hundred miles on your dime and your problems will be solved!! Hope this helps.. I had to deal with my issue for a few months..
Old 1/26/15 | 06:01 AM

Thank you . I printed it out and will take to the dealer. I will call a few first to make sure they will do it as you suggested. Thank you!!!
Old 1/26/15 | 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by RPMG
I am having this issue on a 2014 GT 5.0 I just bought 2 weeks ago with 5000 miles on it. Sent Deysha a PM. Hopefully she responds quickly. She seems to be very helpful.
Welcome and thank you for the PM, RPMG. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 1/26/15 | 08:18 AM

WOW. Thats what I call quick response!!!

Thanks Deysha!!!
Old 1/26/15 | 12:21 PM

WOW. Thats what I call quick response!!!

Thanks Deysha!!!
You're welcome, RPMG!

Deysha
Old 1/26/15 | 04:23 PM
Cobra Member

i took mine from the shop for #2#8 misfire, cleared the error but ill see what happens
Old 1/28/15 | 10:04 AM

Took the car in this morning and they did find misfire codes even though the car had not blinked the CEL this morning. They applied TSB-13-06-15. We will see if that fixes the issue. Going to FordService on here and giving Deysha the information made the process much smoother and I also went o a dealership that has high CS ratings. I was in and out of the dealership in an hour an ten minutes. Will update after a while as to whether this fixed the issue.

Thanks to Deysha, Sam and the young lady who called me yesterday (I was on a plane and did not get her name) from FordService for their help!!

Last edited by RPMG; 1/28/15 at 10:06 AM.
Old 1/29/15 | 09:45 AM

Took the car in this morning and they did find misfire codes even though the car had not blinked the CEL this morning. They applied TSB-13-06-15. We will see if that fixes the issue. Going to FordService on here and giving Deysha the information made the process much smoother and I also went o a dealership that has high CS ratings. I was in and out of the dealership in an hour an ten minutes. Will update after a while as to whether this fixed the issue.

Thanks to Deysha, Sam and the young lady who called me yesterday (I was on a plane and did not get her name) from FordService for their help!!
That’s great, RPMG! You’re very welcome!

Deysha
Old 2/1/15 | 06:02 PM

So far no CEL!!.
Old 8/29/15 | 04:01 AM

I've seen this thread has been open for a while. I just signed up to get some insight from the guys suffering the same problems. I just picked up a certified pre owned 2012 Boss and its showing the P0300 misfires at high rpms, and I can easily make the CEL stay on by keeping the rpms up. I took it to a dealer and they did the crank sensor relearn, but it did nothing to help. The service guy also said I was showing P0400 codes for the cats. Think the O-ring TSB will be enough to fix my issues or should I push to replace the crank sensor? I'm hoping to avoid a back and forth game with the dealer like all the horror stories I keep reading about.

Also, Deysha seems awesome, hope she's still around!
Old 9/1/15 | 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by statetroopr25
I've seen this thread has been open for a while. I just signed up to get some insight from the guys suffering the same problems. I just picked up a certified pre owned 2012 Boss and its showing the P0300 misfires at high rpms, and I can easily make the CEL stay on by keeping the rpms up. I took it to a dealer and they did the crank sensor relearn, but it did nothing to help. The service guy also said I was showing P0400 codes for the cats. Think the O-ring TSB will be enough to fix my issues or should I push to replace the crank sensor? I'm hoping to avoid a back and forth game with the dealer like all the horror stories I keep reading about.

Also, Deysha seems awesome, hope she's still around!
I’m still here, statetroopr25. Welcome! Be sure to let your dealer look into this for you. They have the most up to date info on your vehicle. Let me know the outcome.

Deysha
Old 9/18/15 | 06:23 PM

Hey Deysha, looks like i'm having the same problem. Was driving normal and the car started to drive rough and has left a p0308 #8 misfire code.

Quick Reply: Misfire