Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Misfire

Search this Thread

Old 7/26/13, 07:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Everyone. I have a 2014 GT with the same problem. Had the car at the dealership on 7/23/13 for this. Even gave them a copy of the tsb regarding the o ring fix. All they did was clear the codes and send me on my way. Told me they needed to order a new crank position sensor and for me to call this comng monday for a follow up appotiment. I had to argue with them to get that much. They just tried to say it was a fluke thing and not to worry about it. Thats terrible service. I will update next week after I get it back in.
Old 7/26/13, 12:14 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by K2steeda
Hi Everyone. I have a 2014 GT with the same problem. Had the car at the dealership on 7/23/13 for this. Even gave them a copy of the tsb regarding the o ring fix. All they did was clear the codes and send me on my way. Told me they needed to order a new crank position sensor and for me to call this comng monday for a follow up appotiment. I had to argue with them to get that much. They just tried to say it was a fluke thing and not to worry about it. Thats terrible service. I will update next week after I get it back in.
Hey K2steeda,

Let me get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, full name, mileage, and best daytime number so I can help.

Deysha
Old 10/2/13, 11:04 PM

My 2014 Mustang GT also had this problem occur today. It is extremely disappointing. This is the first new car I have owned (although I have owned 2 mustang before and an SVT lightning) and I was really looking forward to a vehicle that was trouble free. It has less than 1500 miles on it. The car was not up to operating temperature (ambient temperature was ` 75, intake temp was 99), normal neighborhood driving, the light began flashing and power seemed to stutter. This happened for about 30 seconds then the light went off and the car seemed okay.

I have an appointment at the dealership on Friday but had someone look at the code (for free compared to Ford's $99 if it's not a warranty issue which it appears to be) and it was the same random/multi cylinder misfire others have been experiencing.
Old 10/4/13, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by LucyStang
My 2014 Mustang GT also had this problem occur today...
Hi LucyStang,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service and I’m glad to learn you’ve made an appointment already. I’d like to get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area as well. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Old 10/9/13, 05:43 PM
V6 Member

Happened to me a 2nd time today during a spirited run. . I went straight to the dealership and they referenced the TSB, replacing the O-ring.

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/pu...sb13-06-15.pdf
Old 12/23/13, 10:53 AM

Hmmm, taking it to the dealer this AM to see if this is also my prob. Ran fine Sat night, went to start Sun morning and it was stumbling all over itself blowing blue smoke. 4th try it started ok and seems to have sorted itself.
Is there a way to show trouble codes on these without a scanner? I had a Chrysler that you could turn the key on in a particular series and the codes were revealed...
Old 2/24/14, 02:20 PM

Samething with my 2013 Mustang GT - Misfire alert. I take it in and they tell me its bad gas, or the fact I have an Xpipe on it. Took it in a total of 4 times. I finally got sick of them not being able to find it. I got a BAMA tuner, and BOSS 302R intake. Sometimes it misfires. I just turn it off. Ford has been the worst to deal with. Sad really. Only ever own fords. Wish I didnt trade in my 2007 Shelby now.
Old 2/24/14, 03:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Awakenevil
Samething with my 2013 Mustang GT - Misfire alert. I take it in and they tell me its bad gas, or the fact I have an Xpipe on it. Took it in a total of 4 times. I finally got sick of them not being able to find it. I got a BAMA tuner, and BOSS 302R intake. Sometimes it misfires. I just turn it off. Ford has been the worst to deal with. Sad really. Only ever own fords. Wish I didnt trade in my 2007 Shelby now.
Go to any Ford dealership with this TSB:
http://cdn.lrsstatic.com/downloads/t...sb13-06-15.pdf

Your misfire problems will be solved. Your warranty may not cover it with your mods, if so just give them the 1 hour of labor to get it done.
Old 3/17/14, 05:41 PM

Sub.....just in case
Old 3/26/14, 11:31 AM

I had the same issue on my 13. My dealer did the TSB O-Ring fix and it hasn't returned after about 2500 miles.
Old 3/29/14, 01:29 PM

Hi. I have a 2014 Mustang GT 800 miles now, no mods yet only have for 10 days. Driving home and steady engine light came on. Car seemed fine driving. Took it to dealer code 219a came up. Tech didn't sound too knowledgable since car so new he was trying to say I put E85 in. I may be a girl but I can pump gas. He cleared code. Light came back on about 20 miles later. Not running rough. Now I have to bring it on Monday, get a rental and leave it not sure how long. Does anyone know about this code? It's nerve racking to me. I am not mechanically inclined. Thanks.
Old 4/4/14, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Nicole
Hi. I have a 2014 Mustang GT 800 miles now, no mods yet only have for 10 days. Driving home and steady engine light came on. Car seemed fine driving. Took it to dealer code 219a came up. Tech didn't sound too knowledgable since car so new he was trying to say I put E85 in. I may be a girl but I can pump gas. He cleared code. Light came back on about 20 miles later. Not running rough. Now I have to bring it on Monday, get a rental and leave it not sure how long. Does anyone know about this code? It's nerve racking to me. I am not mechanically inclined. Thanks.
Hello Nicole,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service and I’d like to get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area. Please, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Old 4/25/14, 08:14 AM
V6 Member

Well I guess it's my turn.

I have Trackey installed on my '13 Boss And have had nothing but issues with the lopey idle constantly cutting out which, in my opinion, is due to my ever elusive random misfire CEL. This has been an issue for me since Aug of '12. I have been to 3 dealers about this (would have been more but I have been working a lot) but for them, no fault codes = nothing wrong, so only one has documented my lopey idle/CEL issue. Now that I have the CEL up and on I was about to make an appointment with dealer #4 but I thought I should check in here first.

Deysha, you kept me updated during the order process of my car --greatly appreciated-- would you be able to provide any assistance here?

Thanks

Name:  1398307535.jpg
Views: 1208
Size:  59.5 KB
Old 4/28/14, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by 93 LX 5.0
Well I guess it's my turn.
I have Trackey installed on my '13 Boss And have had nothing but issues with the lopey idle constantly cutting out which, in my opinion, is due to my ever elusive random misfire CEL. This has been an issue for me since Aug of '12. I have been to 3 dealers about this (would have been more but I have been working a lot) but for them, no fault codes = nothing wrong, so only one has documented my lopey idle/CEL issue. Now that I have the CEL up and on I was about to make an appointment with dealer #4 but I thought I should check in here first.

Deysha, you kept me updated during the order process of my car --greatly appreciated-- would you be able to provide any assistance here?

Thanks
I sure can, 93 LX 5.0!

I recommend you stick with one dealer, to keep track of this. Please, make another appointment and PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Old 4/29/14, 12:16 AM
V6 Member

Thanks, you rock. I will work on this in the morning.
Old 4/29/14, 01:24 PM
V6 Member

PM sent.

Thanks.
Old 5/12/14, 07:02 PM
V6 Member

With Deysha's help, I took the Boss in and they went ahead and did the o-ring tsb. After a couple hundred spirited miles, all is good with both the random misfire CEL and the Lopey idle. Now I need to get them to fix the rear axle whine.

Thanks Deysha !!
Old 5/16/14, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by 93 LX 5.0
With Deysha's help, I took the Boss in and they went ahead and did the o-ring tsb. After a couple hundred spirited miles, all is good with both the random misfire CEL and the Lopey idle. Now I need to get them to fix the rear axle whine.

Thanks Deysha !!
Great! You're very welcome, 93 LX 5.0!

Deysha
Old 5/16/14, 09:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does anyone know if they have changed something on the 2014 to resolve this issue or are they also suffering from the same problem ?
Old 6/27/14, 08:01 PM

Hi, I live in Brazil and I have a 2012 GT with no mods. Everytime I drive my car, the light blinks, the car loses power, and after a while it comes back to normal. I need you help. Should I only aply the O ring, or have to change the crank position sensor? My car is a manual one. Wuld you have the part number for the crank position sensor for a 2012 5.0 ?
Hope you can help me. Sorry for my poor English. Thanks

Quick Reply: Misfire