Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

i just got my car 6 weeks ago 2nd owner car at 14,000 miles now still under factory w

Search this Thread

Old 6/27/15, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just got my car 6 weeks ago 2nd owner car at 14,000 miles now still under factory w

so learning about my car reading the owner manual and of coarse many searches on the web, forums, 2014 ford mustang GT searches i just want toi make sure that everything that is supposed to operate is, so i seen 1 time that when we turned on the HVAC system it showed a fan icon in the 2 inch tech display area then it disappeared, my thought was that icon is supposed to show when the fan is on, so i did some research and ONLY searched my type display, i do not have the NAV system or the automatic HVAC system nor the SYNC system and then on one of these Mustang programs forums (I have joined 7 of them in the second week of owning my car) it's great sources of shared information and fun to speak with other Mustang owners, tech people and OEM aftermarket people. then i found out on a VIN breakdown on the web per my VIN i am supposed to have a compass, so cool. I took my car to a local Ford dealership, advised them of these questions, and i get it, not all of the service department advisors are completely experienced in every one of there car models ( I have worked in the Service industry for over 33 years and H.D. truck dealerships for 25 years) so he thought it should be there too.
come to find out for 2 days in speaking that the technician spoke with Ford tech support that my car model (a base GT) does not have a display for the fan blower motor that is ony if you have the automatic HVAC system, however again i did record photos online of non HVAC systems that show the fan icon on the display when on, then again they state my car does not have a compass feature either because i do not have the reverse feature built in to my reverse mirror which would include a compass system, again i have record photos from the web that on a base GT model they show these features, I am not a person to argue to get my way or cause a seen (again been in service for 33 years, i have been around mean, upset customers and I have respect for my fellow service people out there) i do like this particular dealership but i somewhat disagree with their answer soooo guess i just live with it unless someone can prove otherwise. any Ford OEM warranty people in here ?
and then of coarse i was total bummed when i wanted to install the NAV and SYNC system but found out you cannot because that is an order package only there is a completely different wire harness behind the dash and they said they cannot modify that, I get i know about spec'd trucks for wire harnesses per specific Vin's. good news is AM sells a Raxium non SYNC NAV Bluetooth system for $599.00 and i'll be doing that later, in the mean time i got my phone wired to the aux radio to listen to my music, bummer is my sound is locked out to 50% because i only have a mykey and i need to purchase a admin key $200.00 that's the next purchase for me in couple weeks. but i do love this car, been doing research for the last 2 years, was trying to get the 2013 Boss 302 but was out of my price range and this car fell in to my lap, unbelievable how it all worked out.
Old 6/29/15, 02:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
You might want to use spell check and also use proper punctuation. It's very hard reading your post. I decided not to finish because it was just unbearable to read!
Old 6/30/15, 06:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
sounds like you got it the way you want it now.